Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Steve Rude with inspiration by Judy Garland.

Attachment 116323
    Charming tribute. Don't know why but she reminds me of Emma Watson.
    Last edited by 13th Superman; 12-17-2021 at 06:37 AM.

Latest episode of YJ introduced Mary Marvel/Sergeant Marvel. Mary was not in her transformed state the whole time. I must say I love Sergeants design here. Same suit as Cap's but white with two wrist stripes instead of three indicating rank and hair tied to a ponytail. Simple. She is clearly an adult and has a toned athletic build. Only negative I have is her reasoning for stopping. Was hoping she'd overcome that and be Sergeant again. Still curious where this development goes. What happened to Freddy? Where is he? At least throw us something.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Latest episode of YJ introduced Mary Marvel/Sergeant Marvel. Mary was not in her transformed state the whole time. I must say I love Sergeants design here. Same suit as Cap's but white with two wrist stripes instead of three indicating rank and hair tied to a ponytail. Simple. She is clearly an adult and has a toned athletic build. Only negative I have is her reasoning for stopping. Was hoping she'd overcome that and be Sergeant again. Still curious where this development goes. What happened to Freddy? Where is he? At least throw us something.
    I didn't really like Mary's design here. It made her look less distinct from Billy and more like a gender-flip of him. Compared to her other costumes it just didn't seem to stand out as much.

And I didn't care for them treating her transformed state as a bad thing or that she was addicted to her adult form. That just didn't feel like Mary to me.

Although if they had to stage an intervention for Mary and not Freddy, doesn't that imply Freddy can still transform fine?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't really like Mary's design here. It made her look less distinct from Billy and more like a gender-flip of him. Compared to her other costumes it just didn't seem to stand out as much.

And I didn't care for them treating her transformed state as a bad thing or that she was addicted to her adult form. That just didn't feel like Mary to me.

Although if they had to stage an intervention for Mary and not Freddy, doesn't that imply Freddy can still transform fine?
    Two things.

One, I do think that the look of "Sgt. Marvel" is an indication of a hardened mindset, which is still not elaborated upon as to what had happened to cause it. And, two, I would not be surprised if the producers are taking cues from the "Dark Mary Marvel" storyline from a fear years ago.

Besides, the Wizard gave the magic of SHAZAM! to Billy because of HIS pure of spirit. We don't know if the Wizard gave Mary her powers, or if Billy did, indicating that Mary, in this iteration, might not have been worthy of the power to begin with, a mistake on Billy's part.

Still, in spite of Mary not being fully transformed, she still has access to the power, which is, while jarring, is a character growth that could pay off. Heck, she might say the magic word if necessary, but, as of now, Mary isn't ready to take on that power, and would rather do so on her own terms.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Two things.

One, I do think that the look of "Sgt. Marvel" is an indication of a hardened mindset, which is still not elaborated upon as to what had happened to cause it. And, two, I would not be surprised if the producers are taking cues from the "Dark Mary Marvel" storyline from a fear years ago.

Besides, the Wizard gave the magic of SHAZAM! to Billy because of HIS pure of spirit. We don't know if the Wizard gave Mary her powers, or if Billy did, indicating that Mary, in this iteration, might not have been worthy of the power to begin with, a mistake on Billy's part.

Still, in spite of Mary not being fully transformed, she still has access to the power, which is, while jarring, is a character growth that could pay off. Heck, she might say the magic word if necessary, but, as of now, Mary isn't ready to take on that power, and would rather do so on her own terms.
    Yeah, that just doesn't really feel like it's doing Mary justice.

A tiny electric chair just for Mr. Mind as ol' Cap counts down the seconds to his state-execution.

Last edited by Gaius; 12-18-2021 at 05:52 PM.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Have a Marvelous Holiday Season.

CatainMarvelAdventures19.jpg

Here's hoping there'll be more to come from the SHAZAM!/Marvel Family in the new year.

Happy Holidays to the Marvel Family and fans .

Happy Holidays to the Marvel Family and fans .
    Happy Holidays!

Probably. I wonder if his name is Lieutenant Shazam, instead of his usual Captain Marvel Junior, considering that Mary's was changed?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So is no one going to wonder how Billy got a signal to Cyborg about the coming apocalypse from Hell?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.