Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I remember the white suit he had when he took over for the Wizard and Jr. had to step up as the new Captain Marvel, but then the whole Cry for Justice storyline happened and then the reboot.
    Wasn't there a special issue between Final Crisis and Flashpoint where the wizard supposedly returned, depowered Mary and Billy before setting out to take down Freddy. I remember reading it and then the story vanishing unresolved with the New 52 reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Wasn't there a special issue between Final Crisis and Flashpoint where the wizard supposedly returned, depowered Mary and Billy before setting out to take down Freddy. I remember reading it and then the story vanishing unresolved with the New 52 reboot.
    Yeah that happens in the pages of Justice Society of America, I remember it because that was when Billy revealed his identity to the JSA and also Black Adam corrupted Billy and Mary in an effort to revive his dead wife.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Future State has reignited my interests in Captain Marvel. I really like the idea of him leading a team.
    Sorry, but is there any indication he's gonna lead a team after IF?

I know Williamson just said He heard the coolest pitch for Shazam, but doesn't know if it's going forward. Such a great and important character needs a great book!

I was wondering about the abilities of Shazam/Captain Marvel. Is there a skill curve to using them, or are they just maxed out right from the get go? Also I would like to get people's opinion on the Shazam movie, what did you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Also I would like to get people's opinion on the Shazam movie, what did you think?
    To me, it's the best DCEU film, although I'm not very fond of this too comedic approach they've given to the Captain since the New 52s.
    the extra skater
    Download Ferda Boys #1, a 36-page hockey webcomic.

I was wondering about the abilities of Shazam/Captain Marvel. Is there a skill curve to using them, or are they just maxed out right from the get go? Also I would like to get people's opinion on the Shazam movie, what did you think?
    Hard to say about abilities, I mean I assume he had to do a bit of learning for the Lightning, Strength, Speed, & Flight. But not exactly sure how wisdom works
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by extra skater View Post
    To me, it's the best DCEU film, although I'm not very fond of this too comedic approach they've given to the Captain since the New 52s.
    Yeah the overly comedic parts doesn't really vibe with me. I'm just glad we got a Shazam movie and it was always going to be a hard one to pull off, but coming off Superman's Man of Steel, it just felt too cartoonish.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Hard to say about abilities, I mean I assume he had to do a bit of learning for the Lightning, Strength, Speed, & Flight. But not exactly sure how wisdom works
    I only ask because I feel like Billy hasn't had any real development for a while beyond what we already knew.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    How odd, that doesn't feel/look like Jim Lee's artwork o me
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I love the classic Captain Marvel look, but this is pretty awesome .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love the classic Captain Marvel look, but this is pretty awesome .
    I'm tellin' ya, Jim Lee is probably the only one that can make the modern version look good (IMHO).

Teen Titans Academy out this week. Does anyone reckon that Shazam will be positioned as the Superman of the Titans/Teen Titans?

Teen Titans Academy out this week. Does anyone reckon that Shazam will be positioned as the Superman of the Titans/Teen Titans?
    uh I got some bad news for you, he's in like one panel in the first issue just letting us know that Billy Batson is there attending the school and is put on the new kids class instead of the upperclassmen field team. No idea how that may change as the run goes on but for now Billy did not get to do much.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    How odd, that doesn't feel/look like Jim Lee's artwork o me
    Same, did not think Lee until I saw the signature.