Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Now THAT is Captain Marvel.
    Agree! Cap has never looked better!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Now THAT is Captain Marvel.
    Agree! Cap has never looked better!
    For a modern-day aesthetic, I can agree with this.
    But I'll always & forever prefer the Original version...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    For a modern-day aesthetic, I can agree with this.
    But I'll always & forever prefer the Original version...

I kinda miss the old design...the cape was more unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think it’s pretty ridiculous that we’re so many years past the New 52 Shazam reboot and a live action movie and the Shazam family members still don’t have superhero names. Mary has been referred to as “Mary Marvel” in DCeased but still only goes by Mary in regular continuity.
    Maybe that's how they're going to explain Billy being at Teen Titans Academy. The family always calls each other by their real first names - reality ensues, they're outed. No more secret identities, everyone knows that Shazam Family are teenagers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe that's how they're going to explain Billy being at Teen Titans Academy. The family always calls each other by their real first names - reality ensues, they're outed. No more secret identities, everyone knows that Shazam Family are teenagers.
    I’d also assume it’s the result of secret six/hell arisen and Death Metal. Thanks to the Batman who laughs characters like Batman and Superman know for a fact that he is a teen because he transformed right in front of them.

As for Death Metal, people got their past memories again so people might have past memories of Billy that all but confirm he is a teenager.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

For the love of god i hope the return to the og continuity.The twin relationship between Mary and Billy was very important part in the lore of the Franchise.The new continuity was really missing that!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARIARAIDEN View Post
    For the love of god i hope the return to the og continuity.The twin relationship between Mary and Billy was very important part in the lore of the Franchise.The new continuity was really missing that!
    The new continuity is here to stay, especially with the movie using it.

Earth 5 is still around though, for whenever they want to touch back in those type of stories.

Quote Originally Posted by ARIARAIDEN View Post
    Yeah, I kind of miss Billy and Mary being actual brother and sister.

I don't know if they can still establish it in the movie but I didn't really care for Mary being so much older than the other kids.

At least the Lego Shazam movie still used her as his sister.

Wasn't Mary adopted previously, then ran away? And considering CC Batson's character, I can easily see him getting Mary's mother pregnant, leaving, getting together with Billy's mother and getting her pregnant, then abandoning her too. Both kids end up in the foster care system, and many years later end up being taken in by the same family - Mary some time before Billy. And neither know that they're actually brother and sister. Mary would be Billy's older half-sister instead of his twin, but I think that's probably the best they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The new continuity is here to stay, especially with the movie using it.

Earth 5 is still around though, for whenever they want to touch back in those type of stories.
    Wasn't it Earth-S?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wasn't it Earth-S?
    Pre-CoIE, I think the Fawcett characters were from Earth-S and the Quality Comics characters were from Earth-X.

But at some later date, DC seems to have become allergic to Earth designations involving letters in stead of numbers, so I think "Earth-S" became "Earth 5" (maybe because an "S" sort of looks like a "5"?) and "Earth-X" wound up as "Earth 10" (since "10" = "X" in Roman numerals).

And then there were people who said "Earth-1" is not the same thing as "Earth-One"; those would be two separate earths, but I never understood that argument.

From the April Solicitation for Teen Titans Academy #2

written by TIM SHERIDAN
    art and cover by RAFA SANDOVAL
    card stock variant cover by PHILIP TAN
    ON SALE 4/27/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99 US
    The questions mount around the new school formed by the original New Teen Titans: What's going on with Billy Batson's access to the powers of Shazam, what dark secret is Raven's new pupil Dane hiding, and who's masquerading as the new Red X?

I guess Billy has some issues going on, my personal theory that it is the result of Batman who laughs infection during the Secret Six arc. Billy's power are based on his moral compass or pure of heart, and for a while he got infected with the energy of the Dark Multiverse or essentially pure evil, and then hurt friends and family and attacked Black Adam and the nation of Khandaq. I'm going to assume that may screw with him powers just a tad.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

And the others Marvels, just Billy ?? Any mention of them?? They vanished.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    And the others Marvels, just Billy ?? Any mention of them?? They vanished.
    They did get mentioned in the future State Shazam preview, by the same writer who is also writing Billy in Titans Academy so it’s possible they’d show up.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/01/15/dc...tate-shazam-1/
    Words to live by.

from The All-New Batman: The Brave and the Bold #2 (February 2011)