Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Hah I didn’t even think about that! Yeah Miss Martian should have been able to tell something wasn’t right. Unless they need a telepath for story purposes in issue 2, they should have just used a different character.
    Yeah on one hand im a sucker for M'gann so seeing older her on a JLA team is really cool (on a side note just cause this was something that really bothered me with Bart in FS Flash looking like he basically hadn't aged, thank god they made M'gann, Tanya and Miguel all.. actually look older than they currently do in the present timeline)

but.. yeah if your gonna do a story like this having a telepath on the team and them just... somehow not noticing ANYTHING is wrong just makes them look incompetent. Especially when the story itself shows her already suspecting the Deaths are tied to the team somehow, you would think the moment she suspects something that grave she'd do a mental scan of everyone.

My favorite origin issue ever, even better than The Man of Steel or Batman Year One (which I love):
    the extra skater
    Download Ferda Boys #1, a 36-page hockey webcomic.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by extra skater View Post
    My favorite origin issue ever, even better than The Man of Steel or Batman Year One (which I love):
    Ordway's writing on The Power of SHAZAM is severely underrated. That book was a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Ordway's writing on The Power of SHAZAM is severely underrated. That book was a great time.
    Yeah, the 90s POS series was good enough to put Captain's back as a leading character in DC universe.
    Some people say that will never happen because of a supposed Fawcett Comics curse over DC
    the extra skater

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Yeah on one hand im a sucker for M'gann so seeing older her on a JLA team is really cool (on a side note just cause this was something that really bothered me with Bart in FS Flash looking like he basically hadn't aged, thank god they made M'gann, Tanya and Miguel all.. actually look older than they currently do in the present timeline)

but.. yeah if your gonna do a story like this having a telepath on the team and them just... somehow not noticing ANYTHING is wrong just makes them look incompetent. Especially when the story itself shows her already suspecting the Deaths are tied to the team somehow, you would think the moment she suspects something that grave she'd do a mental scan of everyone.
    Although with M'Gann, you have the excuse for her aging slower since she's a Martian.
    Quote Originally Posted by extra skater View Post
    I should get to reading this.

Being a shapeshifter, Megan doesn't need to look older at all. Remember, that's not her natural form, she's a white martian. It looks like she simply made herself look older like her peers - just like in the Young Justice TV show. They even gave her the same shorter hairstyle she has in YJ season 2.

Good point about her powers. Using her here does create a plot hole, she should know the reason Shazam doesn't want people to call him Billy is because he ISN'T Billy. I actually think she should've been in Justice League instead. They only have six members, legacies to the rest of the Big Seven. So adding Megan as the new Martian Manhunter would complete the seven.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-22-2021 at 09:01 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    spoilers:
    so with them separate, I figure that Shazam is just magic in human form. Billy isn’t there as his soul and moral center. So Shazam is doing what he thinks needs to be done in order to keep Nekron imprisoned. Like killing for “the greater good”.
    end of spoilers

I wonder what The Creeper knew.
    I am sure glad I dipped out on this one.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-22-2021 at 02:54 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I am sure glad I dipped out on this one.
    Makes two of us, bud.

Spectacular Member

Or she don't use this power to respect this personnal space ?

Do you like it if someone read your thoughts without permission ?

I don't think so.

For me is not a plot hole, she just don't want use this power on this friends by respect.

Incredible Member

Why is everyone assuming that "Shazam" is EEEVIL? We know that he and Billy chose to separate because of a bigger threat. It may be that Shazam is offing certain individuals in order to prevent Billy from being rescued, and thus cause the bigger threat to occur. I really want to know more about the story before passing judgement.

from Who's Who Update '87 Vol. 1 (August 1987)

NOTE: This is when Roy Thomas tried to update Captain Marvel after Crisis on Infinite Earths

Was the Whiz Comics #2 later "retconned" as #1, because of both being the first issue de facto and being followed by two issues that bore number 3, or was it just a mistake?
    If I'm not wrong, in Captain Marvel's character sheet for DC vs. Marvel, his first appearance was also pointed as Whiz Comics #1.
    the extra skater

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere but....Black Adam is now Shazadam?

What a dumb name.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere but....Black Adam is now Shazadam?

What a dumb name.
    Or maybe not.

is the black adam movie filming this year?

I'm wondering for Shazam 2, what villains will they use. Will they be from the Shazam mythos or other DC characters?