Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

If you could see Adam-X in an X-Book - which one would it be and who would be his team mates?
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    If you could see Adam-X in an X-Book - which one would it be and who would be his team mates?
    I'd be curious to see the direction of the upcoming Reign of X books before I opine. I mean he'd be great on a strike force team with X23 and Shatterstar (which would amplify the application of his mutant ability), but they seem to be portraying him more as a reluctant warrior. With Krakoan eyes on space, maybe he'd be better used there like if Xandra used him as an Envoy or Ambassador of sorts (assuming everyone's memories of him returns) - I don't see him as part of S.W.O.R.D. though. For s#it$ and giggles, I'd love to see him on a team/book with Gabriel/Vulcan lol.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    I'd be curious to see the direction of the upcoming Reign of X books before I opine. I mean he'd be great on a strike force team with X23 and Shatterstar (which would amplify the application of his mutant ability), but they seem to be portraying him more as a reluctant warrior. With Krakoan eyes on space, maybe he'd be better used there like if Xandra used him as an Envoy or Ambassador of sorts (assuming everyone's memories of him returns) - I don't see him as part of S.W.O.R.D. though. For s#it$ and giggles, I'd love to see him on a team/book with Gabriel/Vulcan lol.
    I think SWORD would be a fitting place for Adam as an ambassador between mutants and Shi'ar. If even a former terrorist (Frenzy) can be an ambassador, I can't see why Adam can't be one as well. A team-up with Vulcan could also be fun, add in Deathbird and her and Vulcan's kid and they can go on some cosmic adventures.

I could see him on Sword or maybe Marauders. If he had his own team it would be with Maggott, Feral, Marrow, Pathway and Spike

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    But the full point of erasing their memories was to hide Adam's heritage so no one would know about him and Lilandra wouldn't need to kill him. Letting him use their royal name seems contradictory to this goal. And the last scene of the issue also doesn't make sense. Eric the Red and his people were defeated on the Moon, then Imperial Guard appeared to deal with Adam. It would make sense for them to at the same time arrest Eric for trying to rebel against Lilandra's rule. And yet, in the last scene we apparently see him spying after Sinister, who spied after Adam, who just at that moment casually mentioned that his surname is "Neramani". So, even if Eric was for some reason pardoned for his rebellion, and his memories were erased by Oracle as well - he would have learned that Adam is D'Ken's son once again. Which is again seems to be against Lilandra's goal. As for Sinister - he is likely only care about "Summers" part of Adam and couldn't care less about "Neramani" part. So he wouldn't have any reason to reveal his true heritage even if he knew it.
    You know I thought that last panel of X-Men Legends showed Erik the Red spying on Sinister watching Adam (as a reversal of X-Men #39). But now I am not sure/take that back. I was listening to an interview Fabian did where he briefly mentions the last panel in X-Men #39 was an homage to X-Men #97. In the last pane of #97, you see someone spying on Steven Lang watching the X-Men.

They never directly address who that secondary person is, but several issues later in X-Men #105, you can see the gloved hand is a non-descript member of the Shi'ar galactic fleet.

I went back to X-Men Legends and I now don't think that's Erik the Red's hand in that last panel. In the issues Erik is wearing gloves, not just warrior-type wristbands as that last panel shows. At first maybe I thought it was just a hand coloring error, but the wrist striations are completely different: the striations/bands in Erik's gloves are much closer together than in the wristbands in that last panel. I don't think the artist would have made that error.

LOL so now we're back to speculating who that could be. I can't recall who wears red wristbands like that but if it's Fabian's homage to X-Men #97, then it could just be a non-descript member of the Shi'ar (unless if Fabian has otherwise said or it's been revealed somewhere)?...but there we have it again that someone else knows of Adam's origins.

Fantastic Member

LOL so now we're back to speculating who that could be. I can't recall who wears red wristbands like that but if it's Fabian's homage to X-Men #97, then it could just be a non-descript member of the Shi'ar (unless if Fabian has otherwise said or it's been revealed somewhere)?...but there we have it again that someone else knows of Adam's origins.
    Good catch. Perhaps it was someone from Imperial Guard keeping an eye on Adam just in case Shi'ar would ever need him.

Ultimate Member

Lots of good cutty slashy suggestions in the above posts. Some combination of Shatterstar, Warpath, Feral, X-23, Deathbird, Archangel, Wolfsbane, Catseye, Marrow, Quill and Spike would be too funny. Team mad slasherpalooza!

Despite their terrible recent first meeting, him hooking up with Corsair, Hepzibah and Raza (who all carry swords or knives, as well as blasters) of the Starjammers could be fun.

Deathbird as well is pretty slashy-stabby with her javelin / wrist-needle-launcher fetish, and has her own fun personality and outer-space angles to explore.

Shatterstar seems too similar in some ways, I'm not sure I want these two extreme-90s children on the same team.

You know I thought that last panel of X-Men Legends showed Erik the Red spying on Sinister watching Adam (as a reversal of X-Men #39). But now I am not sure/take that back. I was listening to an interview Fabian did where he briefly mentions the last panel in X-Men #39 was an homage to X-Men #97. In the last pane of #97, you see someone spying on Steven Lang watching the X-Men.

They never directly address who that secondary person is, but several issues later in X-Men #105, you can see the gloved hand is a non-descript member of the Shi'ar galactic fleet.

I went back to X-Men Legends and I now don't think that's Erik the Red's hand in that last panel. In the issues Erik is wearing gloves, not just warrior-type wristbands as that last panel shows. At first maybe I thought it was just a hand coloring error, but the wrist striations are completely different: the striations/bands in Erik's gloves are much closer together than in the wristbands in that last panel. I don't think the artist would have made that error.

We were just discussing this on Twitter - the UXM #97 - if you look - it's on ALL of the Shi'ar in that image you posted (the one in green, the female in red, and the insect behind her).

I suspect it was D'Ken. And it was setting up the studying of the X-Men, because D'Ken had already (by this point) abducted Christopher Summers (Corsair) and Katherine.

So I suspect he was watching the X-Men (Cyclops in particular, possibly realizing he was Corsair's son) to see what the mutants of Earth were like.

This, I think, folds nicely into Fabian's story - that it had been D'Ken watching - because he'd kidnapped Katherine and Christopher Summers - and genetically used Katherine's DNA with his own to create Adam.

Fantastic Member

We were just discussing this on Twitter - the UXM #97 - if you look - it's on ALL of the Shi'ar in that image you posted (the one in green, the female in red, and the insect behind her).

I suspect it was D'Ken. And it was setting up the studying of the X-Men, because D'Ken had already (by this point) abducted Christopher Summers (Corsair) and Katherine.

So I suspect he was watching the X-Men (Cyclops in particular, possibly realizing he was Corsair's son) to see what the mutants of Earth were like.

This, I think, folds nicely into Fabian's story - that it had been D'Ken watching - because he'd kidnapped Katherine and Christopher Summers - and genetically used Katherine's DNA with his own to create Adam.
    Wasn't D'Ken dead or comatose during Lilandra's reign? So he couldn't be the one watching Adam. And if it was some of his followers, they would probably try to do the same thing as Eric the Red - abduct and brainwash Adam and use him as D'Ken's heir to start civil war - instead of just watching.

I've been hoping for a reappearance of this group!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Hard choice so I'll pick my favorites!

All New Freedom Force

Adam as leader

Skein as his love interest.

Lightbright

El Aguila

Vincente

Jamboree (Darla aka Jubilee I)

Poltergeist & Link

They act as a team that performs rescue missions for mutants who cannot get to the Krakoan gates. Latverian mutants, Russia and China mutants, etc.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Wasn't D'Ken dead or comatose during Lilandra's reign? So he couldn't be the one watching Adam. And if it was some of his followers, they would probably try to do the same thing as Eric the Red - abduct and brainwash Adam and use him as D'Ken's heir to start civil war - instead of just watching.
    I need to check - but in UXM #97 - I am pretty sure D'Ken was alive. Because he wants to go after the M'Kraan Crystal, which happens after UXM #97.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I've been hoping for a reappearance of this group!
    The one in the lower right - ends up joining Imperial Guard as "Hobgoblin."
    (Seen behind Fang - https://uncannyxmen.net/sites/defaul..._guard-big.jpg)

Him and Vulcan - half brothers, both who had something done in terms of wiping out their existence....

I think SWORD would be a fitting place for Adam as an ambassador between mutants and Shi'ar. If even a former terrorist (Frenzy) can be an ambassador, I can't see why Adam can't be one as well. A team-up with Vulcan could also be fun, add in Deathbird and her and Vulcan's kid and they can go on some cosmic adventures.
    I would definitely love to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Synch340 View Post
    I could see him on Sword or maybe Marauders. If he had his own team it would be with Maggott, Feral, Marrow, Pathway and Spike
    For his own team - you picked a lot of obscure characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Lots of good cutty slashy suggestions in the above posts. Some combination of Shatterstar, Warpath, Feral, X-23, Deathbird, Archangel, Wolfsbane, Catseye, Marrow, Quill and Spike would be too funny. Team mad slasherpalooza!
    Despite their terrible recent first meeting, him hooking up with Corsair, Hepzibah and Raza (who all carry swords or knives, as well as blasters) of the Starjammers could be fun.
    Deathbird as well is pretty slashy-stabby with her javelin / wrist-needle-launcher fetish, and has her own fun personality and outer-space angles to explore.
    Shatterstar seems too similar in some ways, I'm not sure I want these two extreme-90s children on the same team.
    Yeah being on a team that compliments his powers would be cool. I'd actually love to see interaction between him and Deathbird.

I'd like his memories restored, and him assuring he has no interest in the throne (which I am not sure why they didn't go that route in XML), and everyone being cool with it.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Hard choice so I'll pick my favorites!

All New Freedom Force
    Adam as leader
    Skein as his love interest.
    Lightbright
    El Aguila
    Vincente
    Jamboree (Darla aka Jubilee I)
    Poltergeist & Link
    They act as a team that performs rescue missions for mutants who cannot get to the Krakoan gates. Latverian mutants, Russia and China mutants, etc.
    El Aguila is one of my favorites (since he's also from Spain)

I've not been picking up the new books - Adam make any more appearances or cameos?

Anyone else wish Adam would appear normally in a book now that his true story has been revealed?

Anyone else wish Adam would appear normally in a book now that his true story has been revealed?
    I have to hope there is some endgame planned for the X-Men Legends reveal. Sinister's still in the wings with the knowledge and waiting. He's not going to let up on it. And I feel like with the X-Men now venturing off into space, it'd be a good time to incorporate Adam-X into a book or team.