Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Adam-X Appreciation 2021

The 2020 thread was picking up towards the end of the year so I thought it'd be good to kick this off for 2021. Looking forward to good things to come for Adam this year.

brothersgalore.jpg

My wishlist for Adam in 2021:
    • Adam's intended history as Scott & Alex's brother realized as canon (which seems to be the case with February/March's X-Men Legends) and weaved into current continuity (and not told as an alternate reality tale or "What If?" scenario)
    • We learn Adam X' real name
    • Adam gets a new codename ("The X-Treme" needs to go)
    • Adam gets a new costume/look (his introduction certainly is fun but a bit dated and definitely needs a refresh/update)

I also would like to see Adam-X revealed to be the brother of Scott and Alex. I like the idea that Adam-X would be the son Scott and Havok's mother and the Shi'ar emperor D'Ken. It's been a while since I have read the stories involving D'Ken and Vulcan though, and I'm not sure if the time line would still allow for that idea.

As for a new name, I think that Adam-X is a fine code name. I also don't think that you need to replace Adam-X as his real name. All that you have to do is drop " The Extreme" part and the name is fine.

Agree that updating the costume might be a good idea.

Ultimate Member

I like his name, personally.

In a rare instance of knowing when to pull back, Adam didn't call himself that, so much as those around him did. In the hands of a good writer, I think it could be sold well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    ...As for a new name, I think that Adam-X is a fine code name. I also don't think that you need to replace Adam-X as his real name. All that you have to do is drop " The Extreme" part and the name is fine.

Agree that updating the costume might be a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I like his name, personally...
    Yeah, "Adam-X" as a code-name is fine enough - it's the "X-Treme" part that is, well, extreme and sort of dated at this point. I think it was stated that Martin Strong gave him the "Adam-X" moniker, when he arrived on Earth with lost memories (hence why I mentioned revealing his real name which likely would then be be Shi'arian). I've mentioned elsewhere how plot points intended for Adam were lifted for Gabriel/Vulcan, so possibly the 'missing childhood memories' are due to accelerated aging bypassing childhood/formidable years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    The 2020 thread was picking up towards the end of the year so I thought it'd be good to kick this off for 2021. Looking forward to good things to come for Adam this year.

brothersgalore.jpg

My wishlist for Adam in 2021:
    • Adam's intended history as Scott & Alex's brother realized as canon (which seems to be the case with February/March's X-Men Legends) and weaved into current continuity (and not told as an alternate reality tale or "What If?" scenario)
    • We learn Adam X' real name
    • Adam gets a new codename ("The X-Treme" needs to go)
    • Adam gets a new costume/look (his introduction certainly is fun but a bit dated and definitely needs a refresh/update)
    I want to understand his power, and to make it make sense.
    Can he boil water with the mind to make tea?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I want to understand his power, and to make it make sense.
    Can he boil water with the mind to make tea?
    He can boil *blood* with a single cut.

Which, hats off to Fabian, is a creative and deadly ability. But a bad power to give to someone with amped hand to hand combat skills like Adam, because it allows him to end fights far too easily.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He can boil *blood* with a single cut.

Which, hats off to Fabian, is a creative and deadly ability. But a bad power to give to someone with amped hand to hand combat skills like Adam, because it allows him to end fights far too easily.
    Not if the opponent is a long-range fighter or is too durable to be cut by him.

If anything, Adam kind of has the opposite problem of possibly being too limited.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Not if the opponent is a long-range fighter or is too durable to be cut by him.

If anything, Adam kind of has the opposite problem of possibly being too limited.
    His combat ability makes him very much 'unlimited'

His first appearance, he put down most of X-Force

It's been a while since I've read an Adam-X comic that showed all his powers and abilities, so I wasn't sure what they all were.
    But doing some online research as well as reading a few comics, I've found some more powers for Adam-X:

He has enhanced reflexes that are better than human and Shi'ar.
    Enhanced speed: Adam can cover miles in a matter of minutes.
    Enhanced regeneration.

I think that he may have a few more.

Eager to see how this turns out. I still want him to be tied to Sinister in some way, I just think it would work with the history they have. I agree with you all the xtreme name needs to go and just call him Adam X a new costume too please...

Astonishing Member

I've always had a soft spot for the real third Summers brothers.

I like the name Adam the X-treme but Im too used to Vulcan being the 3rd Summers brother so I can't see Adam being it but he could be a clone of a Summers member or, hear me out, hes related to Xavier and the Shi'ar family but hes from the future like Cable

So glad to see someone kicked off this thread (I did the 2019 and 2020 Adam-X threads).

I am excited that Fabian is getting the chance to tell the story as he intended. He was the one who laid down the "Summers brotherS" concept as plural. But left the books before he finished laying down all the ground work.

I think the story will focus on Adam's backstory - who he is (obviously), how he's tied to the Summers (obviously), but I don't think it has any intention of saying where he is or what he's doing these days. He's made a few appearances here and there - and I honestly don't think Fabian knows or cares to know how they've treated Adam after Fabian stopped writing him.

So I think Fabian's just going to tell the story of Adam, his origin, and leave it at that.

I've talked to Fabian several times - (and it might even be on an interview somewhere where he's mentioned this) - but he'd intended on doing a LS on Adam way back when. This X-Men Legends with the first issue being double sized, he said lets him pretty much get to tell it as close as he could have ever hoped. I am, for one, naturally, quite excited. Fabian is probably the only person, longer than me, who has been waiting for this day.

For anyone interested - I also run https://twitter.com/adamxneramani and have been dishing out sneak peeks of the upcoming book for several weeks now.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!