Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Was just about to post same thing.

Haircut and new costume please!
    I've seen some good blog posts whose tone are generally neutral on Adam-X but who recognize that the character suffers from being underused and never had the chance to evolve (as a character and in design) as did his contemporaries of time the time (gets compared to Shatterstar quite often). I hope they work on a makeover soon/quick -- I'm not crazy with Adam's look in X-Factor #5 (hate the tank top and not crazy about the sleeve tattoos) and worried that gets cemented as his Age of Hickman X-look.

I'd actually love to see a complete overhaul - I think that would really help him shake off the "90s excess" criticisms (the denim and backwards baseball cap are fun, but he'll never move on from the 90s if he keeps them). Even though I thought he looked great in X-Men Legends, he needs to move with the times for the current books.

Just a fun share I pulled off an artist's tumblr (and want to make sure I properly credit the artist: Dima Ivanov):

May be a bit plain but it looks sharp, I really like the minimalist look (and there's something Zen about it this that plays well with Adam's meditative attitude he shows in X-Men Legends), and like how they re-fashioned Adam's hair.

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post

May be a bit plain but it looks sharp, I really like the minimalist look (and there's something Zen about it this that plays well with Adam's meditative attitude he shows in X-Men Legends), and like how they re-fashioned Adam's hair.
    That is much better than his original costume and you're right about it vibing well with Zen attitude he showed in the issue. A huge improvement!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I'm not crazy with Adam's look in X-Factor #5 (hate the tank top and not crazy about the sleeve tattoos) and worried that gets cemented as his Age of Hickman X-look.
    Ditto. And I am hoping that someone does something with him that's legitimate - like he escapes Mojo World - and takes on a more serious look than what we were given - and it's explained away as being enthralled by Mojo and not his own actions.

Something. Because it's an insult.

I didn't care for his appearances during Dark Avengers, because he was written as a joke of himself - but I was at least thankful to see him remembered and used - and just overlooked the dialogue.

This however, what we have now in this "Age of Hickman's X-Men" is too much....

Back in 2005 I wrote how after 35 years, I stopped collecting X-Men. Then wrote how Bunn brought me back when he wrote Uncanny X-Men. I hung around for X-Men Red/Blue/Gold until they wrapped up. But did not pick up the Hickman era stuff because I was a little too cynical and tired of titles ending and restarting. I am, however glad, that they've brought back some mutants who didn't deserve to die (like the original Hellions, Generation X, etc). But that's another thread, for another topic.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post

It's his normal costume - I just photoshopped the abundance of blades off of him.

Left the throwing knives in his boots - and the blades on the top of his glove.
    Well, don't I look stupid now.

I've seen some good blog posts whose tone are generally neutral on Adam-X but who recognize that the character suffers from being underused and never had the chance to evolve (as a character and in design) as did his contemporaries of time the time (gets compared to Shatterstar quite often). I hope they work on a makeover soon/quick -- I'm not crazy with Adam's look in X-Factor #5 (hate the tank top and not crazy about the sleeve tattoos) and worried that gets cemented as his Age of Hickman X-look.

I'd actually love to see a complete overhaul - I think that would really help him shake off the "90s excess" criticisms (the denim and backwards baseball cap are fun, but he'll never move on from the 90s if he keeps them). Even though I thought he looked great in X-Men Legends, he needs to move with the times for the current books.

Just a fun share I pulled off an artist's tumblr (and want to make sure I properly credit the artist: Dima Ivanov):

Me no likey. sorry. I think that he should still stick with the backwards baseball cap. Plenty of people still wear them. I even wear them sometimes. I wouldn't call that part of the look outdated. And it would help make him more recognizable. He should keep the long hair also.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Well, don't I look stupid now.
    No, not at all. I am actually flattered that you didn't recognize it as his normal costume - sans the blades. It goes to show how just toning him down a little goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Me no likey. sorry. I think that he should still stick with the backwards baseball cap. Plenty of people still wear them. I even wear them sometimes. I wouldn't call that part of the look outdated. And it would help make him more recognizable. He should keep the long hair also.
    I am of the same mind. I wear my hat 99% of the time when I go out - and about 99% of the time it's backwards. Just something I've always done.

And I also like the long hair - but I grew up on 80's metal - so I've always liked long hair - and had it myself - before the good Lord (or bad genetics) began to impact it.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

I'm all for costume updates but the whole point of Adam X is that he is peak 90s I don't think you should change him that much. He should always keep the backwards cap

Fantastic Member

Cap really makes him more recognizable, and he should definitely keep long hairs; would help to easily differentiate him from all the other blond, but short-haired, guys, including Havok in first place.

I liked his burner look

Add Adam to the group of Wolverine, Synch, and Darwin in an effort to create the X-team we need right now.

-Pav, who wants Shard on that team as well...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

I like Adam but he seems rather underpowered to me, especially in comparison to his brothers (or half brothers), he has no way of hurting a sentinel, I think he should get a power buff of some sort (nothing ridiculous like Cypher reading the language of reality)

Do Sentinels have liquid fuel he could burn? why burn only blood?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I like Adam but he seems rather underpowered to me, especially in comparison to his brothers (or half brothers), he has no way of hurting a sentinel, I think he should get a power buff of some sort (nothing ridiculous like Cypher reading the language of reality)

Do Sentinels have liquid fuel he could burn? why burn only blood?
    He's as underpowered against a sentinel as Wolverine is

Honestly, I think he's overpowered ala Spider-Man or Deathstroke. His combination of abilities make him the top of his weight class.

All he needs to do is inflict a small cut to take down his enemies, he's well skilled in hand to hand combat and very agile. He took down X-Force in his intro, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He's as underpowered against a sentinel as Wolverine is

Honestly, I think he's overpowered ala Spider-Man or Deathstroke. His combination of abilities make him the top of his weight class.

All he needs to do is inflict a small cut to take down his enemies, he's well skilled in hand to hand combat and very agile. He took down X-Force in his intro, after all.
    Yeah, I don't mind his power set at all either. I like that they do differentiate him somewhat from Scott/Alex/Gabriel, and kind of cool to have a brother who's specialty is hand-to-hand (because none of those others are). I mean I guess he really was cut from the same mold as Shatterstar when he was first introduced back in 1993.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I don't mind his power set at all either. I like that they do differentiate him somewhat from Scott/Alex/Gabriel, and kind of cool to have a brother who's specialty is hand-to-hand (because none of those others are). I mean I guess he really was cut from the same mold as Shatterstar when he was first introduced back in 1993.
    He's really not, though. At least in terms of character.

Under Fabe, he was introspective, thoughtful and not that eager for violence. He was a bad ass who didn't feel the need to prove it.

Though visually, yeah, very 90s :P

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Under Fabe, he was introspective, thoughtful and not that eager for violence. He was a bad ass who didn't feel the need to prove it.
    And this is how they should keep him, except with a better costume IMHO.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

It looks nice but feels to generic for him and doesnt feel like Adam X. The hair is giving me Longshot. Id give him some blue and spikes (though not as silly as his original design)