Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    So glad to see someone kicked off this thread (I did the 2019 and 2020 Adam-X threads).

I am excited that Fabian is getting the chance to tell the story as he intended. He was the one who laid down the "Summers brotherS" concept as plural. But left the books before he finished laying down all the ground work.

I think the story will focus on Adam's backstory - who he is (obviously), how he's tied to the Summers (obviously), but I don't think it has any intention of saying where he is or what he's doing these days. He's made a few appearances here and there - and I honestly don't think Fabian knows or cares to know how they've treated Adam after Fabian stopped writing him.

So I think Fabian's just going to tell the story of Adam, his origin, and leave it at that.

I've talked to Fabian several times - (and it might even be on an interview somewhere where he's mentioned this) - but he'd intended on doing a LS on Adam way back when. This X-Men Legends with the first issue being double sized, he said lets him pretty much get to tell it as close as he could have ever hoped. I am, for one, naturally, quite excited. Fabian is probably the only person, longer than me, who has been waiting for this day.

For anyone interested - I also run https://twitter.com/adamxneramani and have been dishing out sneak peeks of the upcoming book for several weeks now.
    Same sentiment. I know Adam gets a bad rap for being the quintessential 90s character, but that's not completely fair given than he has been utterly underused and never had the chance, that so many of the other characters of that period had, to evolve (I mean Shatterstar gratefully grew out of his single mega shoulder pad and boxer's headgear).

Moreover, I appreciate that Fabian (as the author that introduced Sinister's "brothers" slip-of-the-tongue), is getting to close out that storyline as he intended. I'm good with Gabriel Summers/Vulcan as canon, but never felt comfortable ignoring all the multiple breadcrumbs Fabian had already carefully laid out/dropped.

The one thing I am really curious about is how this will play into current continuity (which all the X-Men Legends tales are supposed to)? I know that Fabian's XML#1-2 is supposed to take place circa ~X-Men #39, so how does that reconcile with Scott and Alex not seemingly having had a relationship with Adam in the intervening time? You'd have to think this does tie in to Hickman's Sinister Secrets (from Power of X #4) and with Adam X popping back up in recent X-Factor issues.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    Same sentiment. I know Adam gets a bad rap for being the quintessential 90s character, but that's not completely fair given than he has been utterly underused and never had the chance, that so many of the other characters of that period had, to evolve (I mean Shatterstar gratefully grew out of his single mega shoulder pad and boxer's headgear).

Moreover, I appreciate that Fabian (as the author that introduced Sinister's "brothers" slip-of-the-tongue), is getting to close out that storyline as he intended. I'm good with Gabriel Summers/Vulcan as canon, but never felt comfortable ignoring all the multiple breadcrumbs Fabian had already carefully laid out/dropped.

The one thing I am really curious about is how this will play into current continuity (which all the X-Men Legends tales are supposed to)? I know that Fabian's XML#1-2 is supposed to take place circa ~X-Men #39, so how does that reconcile with Scott and Alex not seemingly having had a relationship with Adam in the intervening time? You'd have to think this does tie in to Hickman's Sinister Secrets (from Power of X #4) and with Adam X popping back up in recent X-Factor issues.
    As I said in the other thread: Back during X-Men #38-39, he was investigating Mr. Sinister and the Shi'ar abduction of Christopher and Katherine Summers. A few issues later, during X-Men #41, he was fighting Erik the Red after somehow finding him on Earth and then the M'Kraan Crystal crystallized the universe due to Legion. It obviously can't be set before he finds Erik the Red, since all the X-Men present in this issue were preoccupied with Legion. Maybe it's set after, but if it is, how did Adam-X find Erik the Red and what happened during their battle?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Assuming Cyclops learns this in X-Men Legends #1-2, then... damn, he abandoned Adam-X's ass harder than he did Madelyne, or Alex did the child he had with the Wasp, or Corsair abandoned his sons.

So what are they gonna do about Vulcan?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Why do anything?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Why do anything?
    Vulcan is still a summers brother

Ultimate Member

Vulcan is still a summers brother
    So? There's no set limit

So? There's no set limit
    Apparently not

https://www.gamesradar.com/x-men-leg...x-the-extreme/

Best part of this for me is that Fabian addresses needing to respect boundaries in writing an in-continuity flashback tale vs. having complete free reins in an in-sequence or out-of-continuity story (thus fits in to be canon); but that also he's able to tell Adam's story essentially as he intended it to be.

Extraordinary Member

So? There's no set limit
    Apparently not
    Per this article....

https://www.gamesradar.com/x-men-leg...BsXYy7--u6X0Zo

Nicieza: It flashes back to the mystery of the Summers brother. The numbers were just creations of fanzines. Never in print did anyone say "third brother." Sinister said brothers, so it could be one, two, or 52.
    A question I had was if Adam was a child of Christopher and Katherine Ann Summers...or if Katherine was abused after their capture by D'Ken making him a 1/2 brother to Scott and Alex. Or if he was a child by Christopher with some other woman in Shi'ar space.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 02-12-2021 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    ...A question I had was if Adam was a child of Christopher and Katherine Ann Summers...or if Katherine was abused after their capture by D'Ken making him a 1/2 brother to Scott and Alex. Or if he was a child by Christopher with some other woman in Shi'ar space.
    Hopefully these aren't real spoilers as lot of this is found on the written page in books and in fan-site interviews over the last several years.

Adam is the genetic child of D'Ken (revealed in Captain Marvel #3 (from back in 1995)) and a human Earth female. The woman in question was intended to be Katherine Summers (and Fabian did a good job of leaving the appropriate breadcrumbs over the course of several years but left the X-books before he could finish his story). Although comics lore had it that D'Ken kept Katherine for his harem, Fabian stated (in an interview back in early 2019) that his intention was always to make Adam conceived ex utero...not uncommon for the Shi'ar to birth their progeny in hatcheries (like Xandra, Professor X and Lilandra's daughter) and the Shi'ar's advanced science do produce 'test tube' babies and have gestation accelerators. I think Fabian did this to respect Katherine, and avoid layering in lurid unsavoriness to Adam's conception.

That ends up being serendipitous because 10 years later in 2006, Ed Brubaker 'revealed' that Katherine was already pregnant (with Christopher's child) when they were abducted, when he introduced Gabriel/Vulcan. So neither story negates the other and both Adam X and Vulcan can exist in tandem.

Sinister (per Fabian as the author) only ever said "brothers"...the third "Summers" brother was a fan term that took a life of its own (so yeah Adam is Scott and Alex's maternal half-brother and so technically isn't a Summers).

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Vulcan remains the 3rd Summer brother, they will not change that.

Adam might be a kid Corsair had with a Shi' ar or something like that.

Heck,... then Lifeguerd might be his half sister
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

My theory is the shi’ar made more then Adam-X