Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He's really not, though. At least in terms of character.
    Under Fabe, he was introspective, thoughtful and not that eager for violence. He was a bad ass who didn't feel the need to prove it.
    Eh - going to disagree. In his first appearance - he's hunting down Neurotap (Michelle Balters) - who he had romantic connection with. And he took her down, just because his boss (at the time) Martin Strong wanted her back. Before X-Force got involved. And he took them down (the whole reason my love for Adam exists - taking down Cable lol). Then when we see him in X-Force 29 and 30, he and Shatterstar are fighting one another (manipulated by Arcade) - and until they decide to buddy up - didn't seem to mind fighting. And then we see him in Captain Marvel #3, and he has no problem going after Genis Vell (though, admittedly - at this time, he was being mind controlled by Eric the Red, so that may or may not count - but I see it as someone who was raised a warrior - so he was easy to manipulate into fighting). It's not until we see him in X-Men #39, that we really do see he has more of a heart than we've seen before - which aligns more to what we see in X-Men Legends #1. But to me - he was definitely the type to fight it out.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I like Adam but he seems rather underpowered to me, especially in comparison to his brothers (or half brothers), he has no way of hurting a sentinel, I think he should get a power buff of some sort (nothing ridiculous like Cypher reading the language of reality)

Do Sentinels have liquid fuel he could burn? why burn only blood?
    To me this is what I like. I dislike heroes who can do everything. Knowing Adam would have an issue with Sentinels/Nimrod - and needing to find a more creative way of winning the fight - is the kind of issue I'd wanna read.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I'm all for costume updates but the whole point of Adam X is that he is peak 90s I don't think you should change him that much. He should always keep the backwards cap
    Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Cap really makes him more recognizable, and he should definitely keep long hairs; would help to easily differentiate him from all the other blond, but short-haired, guys, including Havok in first place.
    I was more illustrating that I think a good artist could do something interesting and updated for him. I actually like the cap too - Roy Harper/Arsenal (Titans) also incorporates that into his look. My point though is that Adam is peak 90s because he hasn't been used much since then and is kind of stuck there now. Cable and Shatterstar were very much created with the same 90s excesses (in temperament, in design) but have evolved with the times. The cap is now more used as a device specifically to make him more recognizable because he's been seen so seldom and far in between appearances and the artist needs you to right away say 'oh there's Adam'.

Speaking of appearances...

...was this confirmed as Adam in X-Force #12? The reason I ask is because that book came out the same day as X-Factor #3, where Aurora notes she was watching Adam-X's established show which was a top-5 Mojoverse TV program. I know the chronology of the X-books don't have to perfectly line up to publication dates (though these issues lead right into the massive X of Swords crossover), but this makes the timing kind of wonky. It's almost like editorial said "ok we're gearing up to bring Adam-X back" and then folks jumped the gun a bit about how/when to use him (which is a good sign overall in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    I was more illustrating that I think a good artist could do something interesting and updated for him. I actually like the cap too - Roy Harper/Arsenal (Titans) also incorporates that into his look. My point though is that Adam is peak 90s because he hasn't been used much since then and is kind of stuck there now. Cable and Shatterstar were very much created with the same 90s excesses (in temperament, in design) but have evolved with the times. The cap is now more used as a device specifically to make him more recognizable because he's been seen so seldom and far in between appearances and the artist needs you to right away say 'oh there's Adam'.

...was this confirmed as Adam in X-Force #12? The reason I ask is because that book came out the same day as X-Factor #3, where Aurora notes she was watching Adam-X's established show which was a top-5 Mojoverse TV program. I know the chronology of the X-books don't have to perfectly line up to publication dates (though these issues lead right into the massive X of Swords crossover), but this makes the timing kind of wonky. It's almost like editorial said "ok we're gearing up to bring Adam-X back" and then folks jumped the gun a bit about how/when to use him (which is a good sign overall in my opinion).
    Yeah - I have it as an appearance on my site (which is by no means official) - but easily explained that he was on Krakoa - and then took off to Mojoworld (for whatever reason he went - maybe to go find someone like Shatterstar) - and that's where he's been since.

http://tawmis.com/xtreme/appearances...-2020-12-cameo

Incredible Member

In terms of chronology, as in he goes from Krakoa to Mojoverse after X-Force #12, it works perfectly fine. However, X-Factor issues implied he and Shatterstar have been on Mojoworld for months. So, it doesn't work and it's probably best to assume that isn't him.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Yeah - I have it as an appearance on my site (which is by no means official) - but easily explained that he was on Krakoa - and then took off to Mojoworld (for whatever reason he went - maybe to go find someone like Shatterstar) - and that's where he's been since.

http://tawmis.com/xtreme/appearances...-2020-12-cameo
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    In terms of chronology, as in he goes from Krakoa to Mojoverse after X-Force #12, it works perfectly fine. However, X-Factor issues implied he and Shatterstar have been on Mojoworld for months. So, it doesn't work and it's probably best to assume that isn't him.
    My quandary: I agree with you both @Drexelhand and @Adam-X. Not sure if Marvel formally confirmed that's Adam in that background scene in X-Force #12, but to everyone else's point, that backwards cap is so iconic it seems like it is him, but the timing (if his Mojoverse show has been going on for months) doesn't work out. It really felt like it was a matter of the X-office stating Adam-X was coming back then the books trying to incorporate him without coordinating across titles.

My no-prize: Adam goes to Mojoverse to save Shatterstar (love that idea - you snooze you lose, Rictor lol (just kidding...I'm waiting for Rictor and Shatterstar to get back together!)), but traverses time as well as worlds so was able to spend 'months' in Mojoverse even though little time pass in the corresponding 616 - hahah!
    Last edited by patch; 03-11-2021 at 09:05 PM.

Incredible Member

My quandary: I agree with you both @Drexelhand and @Adam-X. Not sure if Marvel formally confirmed that's Adam in that background scene in X-Force #12, but to everyone else's point, that backwards cap is so iconic it seems like it is him, but the timing (if his Mojoverse show has been going on for months) doesn't work out. It really felt like it was a matter of the X-office stating Adam-X was coming back then the books trying to incorporate him without coordinating across titles.

My no-prize: Adam goes to Mojoverse to save Shatterstar (love that idea - you snooze you lose, Rictor lol (just kidding...I'm waiting for Rictor and Shatterstar to get back together!)), but traverses time as well as worlds so was able to spend 'months' in Mojoverse even though little time pass in the corresponding 616 - hahah!
    In Children of the Atom, we had the kids marking out over Maggott. I think it's fair to assume that it could've just been a mutant who was one of Adam-X's fans and wants to emulate his style.

I think it's been shown that time/space doesn't operate the same in Mojoworld. And because two titles come out in the same month, does not mean (unless it's a crossover that specifies) that the events in each of those titles is happening at the same time. What we see in X-Force could actually be weeks or months before what we see in X-Factor.

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    It should be pointed out that Shatterstar was seen in the crowd grieving Xavier’s assassination all the way back in X-Force #2. So, I could certainly embrace Adam-X’s theory that he chased after him. Lord knows, Rictor sure AF didn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    It should be pointed out that Shatterstar was seen in the crowd grieving Xavier’s assassination all the way back in X-Force #2. So, I could certainly embrace Adam-X’s theory that he chased after him. Lord knows, Rictor sure AF didn’t.
    Well, from X-Force 29 and 30, it certainly does seem that Adam and Shatterstar walked away from Murderworld with a lot of respect for one another.

So if Shatterstar went there first, could definitely see Adam going after him. After all, Mojoworld is a world of endless violence - Adam was made and bred to initially be a great warrior. Who better to save Shatterstar...

Only to somehow end up on a reality show of his own.

Lord....
    Last edited by Adam-X; 03-17-2021 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Correcting where I meant to type Shatterstar and wrote Rictor when I said "So if ____ went there first"

Incredible Member

If this were WWE, Adam-X and Shatterstar would've formed a tag-team together and gotten some success and start to rise in starpower while everyone on the internet would complain about how much better they'd do in AEW.

Issue #2 of X-Men Legends comes out the 31st. Really eager for it.

Read X-Men Legends #2 and loved it. Well they finally did it. Adam X is canon! Must be really satisfying for Nicieza to finally close out this story. And as a longtime reader, this adequately addressed all the breadcrumbs dropped over the early years, without disturbing current continuity. I just hope this really does have a role in the current Age of X-Hickman and not forgotten. I know Fabian stated he didn't read any of Brubaker's Deadly Genesis and if that is the case...

spoilers:
    ...how oddly recursive is the plot point to make a powerful telepath forget you have a brother (Oracle for Adam-X, and Professor X for Vulcan). Also, the Imperial Guard physically rounded up the key players to mind-wipe them, meaning there should still be a good number of people that still have knowledge of Adam X as son of D'Ken and Katherine Summers (including presumably the Imperial Guard themselves in Shi'ar space, and Mr. Sinister (and potentially others) on earth).

And LOVED the final panel of Erik the Red spying on Sinister spying on Adam. Reverse of the final panel of X-Men #39.
    end of spoilers

I am waiting for lunch (I am at work) to run to the local comic store and grab my copy.

I really enjoy how this story wrapped up. And the (further) potential of Adam now that he's been fleshed out.

Would be great to see him (properly used - and not a parody of the 90's genre).