Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

iiiii...hate Vixen and John ngl. I'd prefer her with Bronze Tiger over John but honestly it's more accurate to say I'd rather they both be with just about anyone else than each other.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I'd like to see Vixen visit the universe she helped to create with Tristess and Animal Man. I'd be very interested to know what types of aliens, humanoids, animals, plants, etc. she helped to create, how many planets exist in that universe, etc. etc.
    I've never heard of that story but that idea would be extremely cool to see. rather than playing to her relationship with gods in the DC universe, we could explore how she would react to being somewhat deified herself. it also provides a cool avenue to explore hard afrofuturism and africanjujuism by exploring the mythological not through Vixen's observation but through her as her character develops. it would also be dope to see Vixen moving through her own little niche in the cosmic landscape exploring what new animals and lifeforms developes. I'd be down to see someone like John Ridley or N.K. Jemisin take that concept on.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I'd like to see Vixen visit the universe she helped to create with Tristess and Animal Man. I'd be very interested to know what types of aliens, humanoids, animals, plants, etc. she helped to create, how many planets exist in that universe, etc. etc.
    i actually had a story in mind that deals with Animal man and Vixen fighting Tristes, after she possessed by the Antagon. The Anragon/Tristes has taken over the universe and now controls it with a iron fist, killing all that opposed them in the RED Universe. As a last ditch effort the last free inhabitance use magic to go to Earth ask their creators to help them.

The story also deals with new characters (New Animal Masters), who were getting trained Vixen, Animal Man and Beast Boy.

Animal Man (1988-1995) 050-026.jpg
    Animal Man (1988-1995) 050-027.jpg
    Animal Man (1988-1995) 050-028.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 05-03-2021 at 02:18 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Kangaroo powers for Vixen: (just imagine if she was chasing you down the street trying to kick you)

Last edited by MoneySpider; 05-07-2021 at 10:27 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

I remember when I thought kangaroos were just adorable marsupials, I would never near one now thank to the internet. lol.

If Vixen really wants to go nasty, she can channel the power of a hippo. Not even lions want to go near them.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I remember when I thought kangaroos were just adorable marsupials, I would never near one now thank to the internet. lol.

If Vixen really wants to go nasty, she can channel the power of a hippo. Not even lions want to go near them.
    Hippo powers for Vixen:

Kangaroo powers for Vixen: (just imagine if she was chasing you down the street trying to kick you)

Yeah, I remember someone talking about how Kangaroo wait in the water for something to come close, so they can drown it.

Gotta admit, the PR group for Kangaroos and Sea Otters is phenomenal...lol

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Yeah, I remember someone talking about how Kangaroo wait in the water for something to come close, so they can drown it.
    I remember a video where a man punched a kangaroo in the face because the kangaroo was attacking his dog:

Very small and docile compared to other kangaroos:

Hippo powers for Vixen:
    Yep, not even crocodiles are spared:

VIXEN 8.jpgDC we Need Vixen Ongoing.

A creepy but interesting abilities.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    iiiii...hate Vixen and John ngl. I'd prefer her with Bronze Tiger over John but honestly it's more accurate to say I'd rather they both be with just about anyone else than each other.
    Curious, but why? I admit I don't find them particularly compelling together. Their personalities don't really mesh well to create an interesting dynamic and John generally doesn't strike me as staying Earthside enough to really team up with her, but they do make for an attractive couple. They're a wash for me. Don't like or dislike them. Someone still has to sell me on them, but I'm curious what you hate about her with John aside from the show clearly treating her like his second prize to Shayera-- which is really disrespectful to such a great character as Mari. In the standard DCU, I'd be more welcoming of that pairing than I am in the DCAU, but it does feel a bit random since they never interact.

I may have just touched on it with that last bit, but I'm genuinely curious why you have such a strong aversion to it.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    VIXEN 8.jpgDC we Need Vixen Ongoing.
    Absolutely. At the barest of minimums, another miniseries. Mari rules. She needs more page time.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Curious, but why? I admit I don't find them particularly compelling together. Their personalities don't really mesh well to create an interesting dynamic and John generally doesn't strike me as staying Earthside enough to really team up with her, but they do make for an attractive couple. They're a wash for me. Don't like or dislike them. Someone still has to sell me on them, but I'm curious what you hate about her with John aside from the show clearly treating her like his second prize to Shayera-- which is really disrespectful to such a great character as Mari. In the standard DCU, I'd be more welcoming of that pairing than I am in the DCAU, but it does feel a bit random since they never interact.

I may have just touched on it with that last bit, but I'm genuinely curious why you have such a strong aversion to it.
    my distaste for it kinda happened in stages.

as a kid, when i seen them on the show, I didn't like it the because I felt it was random. even as a kid i realized she was only there to be a romantic foil to Shayera and I felt like she was just in the way of the inevitable since Warhawk existed (which the post-show comics later confirmed). then I got older and I realized how much of a disservice using Vixen in that way was, which made me dislike it even more.

what made me actively hate it was when I noticed a pattern of fans who are anti Storm and T'Challa being pro Vixen and John, and that annoyed me because the "token black couple" trope they try to levy against Storm and T'Challa is 100% more applicable to John and Vixen; they are only paired up because they are the black names people know at DC. what makes it more egregious to me is that unlike Storm and T'Challa, Vixen and John don't even operate in common spaces (physically, culturally, narratively, or even thematically), their personalities don't really line up in an interesting dynamic, and both characters aren't even as fleshed out individually because of how poorly DC utilizes it's black (pretty much all their BIPOC) characters.

so they have no history together, they don't bring anything to the table of their respective brands other than "these two popular black characters are together now", and the one time they were actually put together wasn't even handled well. the pairing insults my intelligence as an igbo-African person because, looking at it from the tokenism lens, not only is it lazy but it's treating blackness as a monolith. it doesn't matter if they've barely if ever crossed paths, it doesn't matter if they are of two completely different black experiences, it doesn't matter they don't operate in the same niche, they're black so they go together. it doesn't even have the same feeling of afrocentric wish fulfillment and regality of Black Panther and Storm coming together, it's just the two random black characters that are more popular than DC's other barely fleshed out black characters.

how about we for once focus on building Vixen narratively, built her up culturally beyond the usual superficial africanisms, expand her brand/character mythology. let's actual build on her character then find a love interest that enriches her character development instead of one that's just tacted on to it. I feel both characters deserve that.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 05-11-2021 at 07:35 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I get it.

While I hate the idea of two characters being put together because of their skin color. JLU showed me and thousands of others that John and Mari could make an interesting couple (minus the Hawkgirl BS).

I think with the right writer a Green Lantern and Vixen relationship could blossom into something special...

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    my distaste for it kinda happened in stages.

as a kid, when i seen them on the show, I didn't like it the because I felt it was random. even as a kid i realized she was only there to be a romantic foil to Shayera and I felt like she was just in the way of the inevitable since Warhawk existed (which the post-show comics later confirmed). then I got older and I realized how much of a disservice using Vixen in that way was, which made me dislike it even more.

what made me actively hate it was when I noticed a pattern of fans who are anti Storm and T'Challa being pro Vixen and John, and that annoyed me because the "token black couple" trope they try to levy against Storm and T'Challa is 100% more applicable to John and Vixen; they are only paired up because they are the black names people know at DC. what makes it more egregious to me is that unlike Storm and T'Challa, Vixen and John don't even operate in common spaces (physically, culturally, narratively, or even thematically), their personalities don't really line up in an interesting dynamic, and both characters aren't even as fleshed out individually because of how poorly DC utilizes it's black (pretty much all their BIPOC) characters.

so they have no history together, they don't bring anything to the table of their respective brands other than "these two popular black characters are together now", and the one time they were actually put together wasn't even handled well. the pairing insults my intelligence as an igbo-African person because, looking at it from the tokenism lens, not only is it lazy but it's treating blackness as a monolith. it doesn't matter if they've barely if ever crossed paths, it doesn't matter if they are of two completely different black experiences, it does matter they don't operate in the same niche, they're black so they go together. it doesn't even have the same feeling of afrocentric wish fulfillment and regality of Black Panther and Storm coming together, it's just the two random black characters that are more popular than DC's other barely fleshed out black characters.

how about we for once focus on building Vixen narratively, built her up culturally beyond the usual superficial africanisms, expand her brand/character mythology. let's actual build on her character then find a love interest that enriches her character development instead of one that's just tacted on to it. I feel both characters deserve that.
    All very fair points and I agree we need to build both of them up more as they're rich characters and can have interesting stories to tell.

Even in that show it was clear that relationship was basically just a fling, even if they weren't being honest with themselves.