Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I'm in the Bronze Tiger/Vixen camp. They bounce off each other so well I'm still disappointed Ostrander broke them up! I love these two!

As for John I'm still stuck on him being with Katma so other relationship options are nonexistent to me

I wouldn't mind if Mari was dating someone in her field or status. Be it an actor, professional sports player, rapper/singer, professional business owner, etc. It would be a nice change of pace.
    They could always reintroduce Solomon Samuels, who was Mari's boyfriend in the unreleased first issue of her solo comic book series in 1978. I think he was a businessman. Actually, I take that back. I think Solomon appeared in the issue where Vixen teamed up with Superman for the first time in 1981. That's a lot of "thinking" on my part, but I'm too lazy to dig out my comic book issues to take a look at when that dude showed up.

Edit:

mari and solomon.JPG
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 05-12-2021 at 04:28 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

They could always reintroduce Solomon Samuels, who was Mari's boyfriend in the unreleased first issue of her solo comic book series in 1978.
    Works for me. But then, I'm also fond of that notion/idea of Vixen. With really playing with her as owning/running a company, and her business smarts (I like that for Ted Kord, too). And employees and associates would make a great supporting cast. As I've said, I'm into the civilian side of heroes. But sadly, it just doesn't seem to resonate with the audience of today, judging from how few heroes we see associate with ordinary people these days, so I don't think we'll see it.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    When Ollie came back from the dead, she was taken off the JSA to be in his book. When they got married, she got taken off the BOP book. In her books and BOP she gets to kick ass, be a top tier martial artist and in JSA focused stories, she is tied to the greater history of the DCU. In GA books, her competency nose dives based on plot, she get hurt to drive GA's narrative and her own personal history is minimized and often outright ignored in favor of Ollie, her plots are bogged down by relationship drama (be it cheating or Ollie lying to her or storming off because she thinks he is being patronizing). Occasionally you get something great like JLU's Double Date or the Wildcat episode but for the most part, the relationship is a net negative for Dinah in my view. It's the same bs as Zatanna/Constantine only with more nostalgic tint. At least most of Vixen's romances have been better written.

Though to be clear, I don't hate Ollie. I like them both, just not together. I like Ollie as this flawed character trying to atone for his past but I think Dinah should be allowed to progress as a character as well. I wouldn't hold them up as the best relationship in the DCU, that goes to Clark/Lois, Wally/Linda, Arthur/Mera, Katar/Shayera, Diana/Steve (Rebirth) and Bruce/Selina (pre-Rebirth).

Anyway, I to try and steer this discussion back to Vixen, here are some moments between Vixen and Bronze Tiger during McDuffie's JLA run:

Sources:
    http://suicidesquadtaskforcex.blogsp...ing-vixen.html

http://thebronzetiger.blogspot.com/2012/11/vixen.html
    While i don't dislike Ben, I never got the feeling they we're built for the long term. Ben was going through some stuff when I started reading Suicide Squad and Mari was always acting like his emotional support an not a real character..

On a side note, Mari needs to wear black more...nice
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 05-12-2021 at 09:39 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

She is definitely modeled after Grace Jones in that pic. Modern Vixen looks like Halle Barry.

I think they had valid reasons to break up during the Suicide Squad days. Ben wasn't in the best head space. The way McDuffie followed up on it with their interactions in JLA made me think they could always rekindle that spark.

She is definitely modeled after Grace Jones in that pic. Modern Vixen looks like Halle Barry.

I think they had valid reasons to break up during the Suicide Squad days. Ben wasn't in the best head space. The way McDuffie followed up on it with their interactions in JLA made me think they could always rekindle that spark.
    To me, if it's not John or Roy Harper (yeah, I said Roy, you wanna fight about it...lol). Then I want someone new.

Just more info for my Vixen vs Wolverine debate. Her reaction can be 10 times greater then humans.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    To me, if it's not John or Roy Harper (yeah, I said Roy, you wanna fight about it...lol). Then I want someone new.
    Dick Grayson? lol

Extraordinary Member

Dick Grayson? lol
    PainKiller

Dick Grayson? lol
    I can do Dick.

Everyone loves Dick. Dick goes well with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    So I'm sitting here thinking...other than Lois and Clark what other couple can be considered successful.
    I think Hawkman and Hawkwoman (Shayera) can be considered successful as well.

I like Vixen being with John although I know there are obvious challenges. Vixen and Bronze Tiger is ok. I just don't find him that interesting tbh.
    Last edited by nj06; 05-14-2021 at 06:22 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Nah, Nightwing and Roy Harper can't handle all of this:

Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Everyone loves Dick. Dick goes well with everyone.
    You ain't wrong, but he and Mari are in the "I mean they're attractive people so I guess?" camp for me. Both have better options.

these are some of the worst ships I've heard in a while
    The J-man

Please don't rip my head off. Could Vixen and Batman work? Not like long term, but for a few years.