Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The comic is more recent and it upgrades her powerset.
    In her current comic, that's great and if it is adapted to outside media then that'll be great as well.

On Twitter, I just saw this alternate cover for that upcoming Harley Quinn animated comic book tie-in that Vixen will be in:

alternate cover.jpg
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

I see jungle action and I keep hearing Vixen telling Vigilante...in JLU

Vixen: I have an apartment in Chelsea.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 10-22-2021 at 01:31 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

If any artists are looking for a Vixen reference besides Halle Barry, I give you, Zozibni Tunzi:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVLSkrXDMPB/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS9ESTiB_v6/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS4QRa-BAMs/

who is Vixen's rogues' gallery at this point? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who is Vixen's rogues' gallery at this point? Just wondering.
    Doesn’t really have one, you need an ongoing to really establish a Rogues Gallery. Personally I’d love to see her and Red Lion go at it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Looking at some elements in the movie below, I think Jayne Kennedy would have been a good choice to portray Vixen if they had made a live action Vixen movie back in the 1970s. I could see Jayne pulling off this look:

1st official appearance.JPG

For the 80/90's, if they made a Vixen movie then I think Grace Jones would have been a great fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Doesn’t really have one, you need an ongoing to really establish a Rogues Gallery. Personally I’d love to see her and Red Lion go at it.
    Which in a way is a good thing as you can throw a random villain in there or make one up. The only real problem is finding a mid-tier foe for her to fight. Physically, her foe needs to be strong enough to be a semi-threat to Aquaman (maybe Superman if you push her limits) and be intelligent (cunning/vicious) enough to keep Vixen on edge

While I'm not against Red Lion, I feel like she needs someone a little bit more powerful to go against. I feel like Bane is powerful and smart enough to challenge her. Someone like Solomon Grundy (as a agent of Rot) could push her physical limits. Under the right circumstances Killer Croc could be a dangerous foe to face. Seeing that her powers are magical I could also see her having issues with Felix Faust or Jinx because of the totem. Overall, I think the Cheetah would be her ultimate foe.

For the 80/90's, if they made a Vixen movie then I think Grace Jones would have been a great fit.
    I can se that.
    Vixen-dc-comics-jla-suicide-squad.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 10-23-2021 at 07:56 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Which in a way is a good thing as you can throw a random villain in there or make one up. The only real problem is finding a mid-tier foe for her to fight. Physically, her foe needs to be strong enough to be a semi-threat to Aquaman (maybe Superman if you push her limits) and be intelligent (cunning/vicious) enough to keep Vixen on edge

While I'm not against Red Lion, I feel like she needs someone a little bit more powerful to go against. I feel like Bane is powerful and smart enough to challenge her. Someone like Solomon Grundy (as a agent of Rot) could push her physical limits. Under the right circumstances Killer Croc could be a dangerous foe to face. Seeing that her powers are magical I could also see her having issues with Felix Faust or Jinx because of the totem. Overall, I think the Cheetah would be her ultimate foe.

I can se that.
    Vixen-dc-comics-jla-suicide-squad.jpg
    Vixen feels like a hero that would have, A lot of evil Elementals, magic users and “ancient evil” types in her rogue’s gallery. Villains tend to be thematically related to their hero in someway. Vixen is a hero that uses an “ancient magical” artifact to tap into an elemental force. You could also play against type and have her fight a bunch of science/ tech based villains to, but I’m not sure that would be as interesting.

I'm not sure about borrowing other character's rogues. If you're borrowing, at least use someone whose not that popular or an interesting character who nobody is using.

A few pages back, I brought up Lion-Mane who was one of the villains in the Batwing title:

I'm not sure about borrowing other character's rogues. If you're borrowing, at least use someone whose not that popular or an interesting character who nobody is using.
    On the other hand, I think it would make sense if several superheroes shared supervillains, like the Joker makes trouble for Superman, Batman and sometimes Wonder Woman, upon occasion. Daredevil and Spider-Man have gone up against Kingpin, etc. I can see several big-name villains wanting to destroy several different superheroes.

I could see Poison Ivy giving Vixen as much trouble as she gives Batman. Maybe a bit more, since Vixen and Poison Ivy could actually lay hands on each other and get into physical fights.

When I think of Grace Jones, I think of this scene from Conan the Destroyer:

Re: Poison Ivy, I could see the clash of Ivy as an avatar of "the plant world" vs Mari as an avatar of "the animal world"; additionally, creatures like zombies, vampires, demons who are not of the natural world and are an "invasive species" towards Earth's indigenous animal hierarchies could be an enemy cohort.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

Cheetah made for a good foe in...