BANNED

Default Do Any Flashes Actually Train To Increase Their Speed?

Inspired by:

I mean I remember in the Wally West story by Mark Waid return of Barry Allen that Wally talked with Jay, Max, and Johnny Quick on how to be faster then Reverse Flash.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I remember in the Wally West story by Mark Waid return of Barry Allen that Wally talked with Jay, Max, and Johnny Quick on how to be faster then Reverse Flash.
    Yeah that came to mind.

In terms of regular training, I feel like the Flash uses his powers sprinting at super speed so often that it's a substitute for any kind of extra training.

There are also practical limits to how fast he can go in civilian areas. If he went as fast as he could all the time, he'd destroy buildings and massacre crowds of people.

Also, if he's already fast enough to exceed the speed of light and break into the speed force, he doesn't really need to get much faster. If he does train I'd rather see him train to use is speed in creative ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Yeah that came to mind.

In terms of regular training, I feel like the Flash uses his powers sprinting at super speed so often that it's a substitute for any kind of extra training.

There are also practical limits to how fast he can go in civilian areas. If he went as fast as he could all the time, he'd destroy buildings and massacre crowds of people.

Also, if he's already fast enough to exceed the speed of light and break into the speed force, he doesn't really need to get much faster. If he does train I'd rather see him train to use is speed in creative ways.
    If he does train, I'd imagine it would be more for endurance rather than an actual increase in speed. If he's capable of such speeds already, speeding that up seems inconsequential. There is also acceleration, though. How fast can he go from 0 to light speed and can he lessen that time?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

They don't physically train. Their power has more to do with their mental state than their physical one. Wally was subconsciously holding back because he didn't want to surpass Barry. He had to get over that block so he could become faster.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I think the speed force is more of a factor more than training.I think these guys do try to tap into it more and more.supes does train though.

Note:- this ain't the sun god superman.Clark uses flashes tradmil here i believe.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"