Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

I didn't know Vixen had been utilized in this specific storyline:

Last edited by MoneySpider; 09-11-2021 at 11:48 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Chris and I REALLy want to continue what we started but i don't think the sales were good enough to justify it.
    This sucks!! It was a great story with some exception art (minus the bird crotch....just dont know about that decision lol.) I really wish something would convince DC to give her another chance. I would even take (Actually would love) a Global Guardians series with Vixen on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    This sucks!! It was a great story with some exception art (minus the bird crotch....just dont know about that decision lol.) I really wish something would convince DC to give her another chance. I would even take (Actually would love) a Global Guardians series with Vixen on the team.
    man. i want a GG ongoing in the worst way. I might dump all other properties to get that off the ground. and, yes, starring Vixen.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I didn't know Vixen had been utilized in this specific storyline:

While I'm not mad to see her action, what does she do that caught your attention?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    While I'm not mad to see her action, what does she do that caught your attention?
    Just the fact that she was in it, and I didn't even know Geoff Johns had written her at any point. I used to write to Johns (and others), asking them to include Vixen in more stuff, but nothing ever really came of it, unfortunately.

Just the fact that she was in it, and I didn't even know Geoff Johns had written her at any point. I used to write to Johns (and others), asking them to include Vixen in more stuff, but nothing ever really came of it, unfortunately.
    Mari was on the JL during that period thanks to McDuffie. Probably her highest profile period if I’m honest, they should’ve struck while the iron was hot and gave her a mini.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

G.Willow Wilson wrote a Vixen mini.

for Black Superheroes to succeed a publisher has to care enough to curate towards a Black audience. Black Panther has succeeded because it has been consistently pushed and published by Marvel and also because Black Panther's mythology aligns with ancient Egypt. There is a significant amount of Black readers out there that love and identify with ancient Egypt. This imo is one of the reasons that Black Panther the movie was so successful. It was like having a movie set in ancient Egypt featuring an all Black cast. This could easily be done with Vixen by reestablishing her fictional town/village in Ghana. Maybe not being similar to ancient Egypt but for something that's cool and awe inspiring.

For me I think that now it's necessary to re-imagine the heritage of Black Superheroes to make them more identifiable. Maybe DC should fill in the blanks of countries and cities around the world where there isn't any Superheroes like Eastern Europe with fictional countries and cities and have them linked to characters like Cyborg and/or Black Lightning. and also maybe extend it into deep space similar to a recent Black Panther arc. Why not have all Black/POC planets out there and linked there heritage to some of DC's Black Superheroes?

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    G.Willow Wilson wrote a Vixen mini.

for Black Superheroes to succeed a publisher has to care enough to curate towards a Black audience. Black Panther has succeeded because it has been consistently pushed and published by Marvel and also because Black Panther's mythology aligns with ancient Egypt. There is a significant amount of Black readers out there that love and identify with ancient Egypt. This imo is one of the reasons that Black Panther the movie was so successful. It was like having a movie set in ancient Egypt featuring an all Black cast. This could easily be done with Vixen by reestablishing her fictional town/village in Ghana. Maybe not being similar to ancient Egypt but for something that's cool and awe inspiring.

For me I think that now it's necessary to re-imagine the heritage of Black Superheroes to make them more identifiable. Maybe DC should fill in the blanks of countries and cities around the world where there isn't any Superheroes like Eastern Europe with fictional countries and cities and have them linked to characters like Cyborg and/or Black Lightning. and also maybe extend it into deep space similar to a recent Black Panther arc. Why not have all Black/POC planets out there and linked there heritage to some of DC's Black Superheroes?
    Vixen's ancestor Tantu is from Ghana. Vixen is from Zambesi. I doubt they will change her country of origin from Zambesi to Ghana after 43 years, especially since Vixen's most recent media appearances (CW Seed, CW's Legends of Tomorrow) have her being from Zambesi and have had storylines about Zambesi artifacts.

Plus Vixen's Zambesi is a country, not a town/village.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 09-13-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Vixen's ancestor Tantu is from Ghana. Vixen is from Zambesi. I doubt they will change her country of origin from Zambesi to Ghana after 43 years, especially since Vixen's most recent media appearances (CW Seed, CW's Legends of Tomorrow) have her being from Zambesi and have had storylines about Zambesi artifacts.
    Agreed. Besides, with a made up country, DC can do whatever they want with it.

So I saw this picture and it made me think, this is how Vixen should be built. She a high fashion model and in my head she is small frame...giving her opponent(s) the idea that she weak, even though she can lift 7,000 tons if she wanted too. Now keep in mind, as a black man, I'm happy they sometimes make her look semi-thick.

cw_vixen__fierce_by_nekomikasai-dabk0lk.jpg

Incredible Member

Plus Vixen's Zambesi is a country, not a town/village.
    I'm getting my info from wikipedia when making fanfiction and that's where I go it from. But wikipedia is wrong a lot of times. EDIT. I reread it and for some reason I got it mixed up. She is from a small village in the fictional country of Zambesi.
    Last edited by abetterday; 09-14-2021 at 05:10 AM.

I'm getting my info from wikipedia when making fanfiction and that's where I go it from. But wikipedia is wrong a lot of times. EDIT. I reread it and for some reason I got it mixed up. She is from a small village in the fictional country of Zambesi.
    LOL, I did the same thing a while ago.

The Beat Down: Spider-Man vs. Vixen

It looks like Vixen is being utilized in the "Justice League Infinity" issues. DC's website says this about "Justice League Infinity":

"From Justice League Unlimited producer James Tucker and series writer J.M. DeMatteis comes an all-new season starring the World’s Greatest Heroes! There is a being wandering the universe searching for its true purpose, but what it finds out on the farthest edges of the cosmos will change not just our universe, but many! Meanwhile, the war for the throne of Apokolips arrives on Earth, and the true ruler will only be decided one way: Who can destroy the Justice League?"

https://www.dccomics.com/comics/just...gue-infinity-1

Ultimate Member

On the one hand, I don't really like when comic book characters of color come from made-up countries like Madripoor or Wakanda or Zambesi or Qurac. On the other hand, in the case of DC, at least, *everybody* (including their biggest name white folk) seems to come from a made-up place like Metropolis, Gotham City, etc. so it doesn't feel quite so much like 'lazy white New Yorker doesn't want to look up stuff about Africa.'

(Marvel gets less of a pass, because Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, Daredevil, etc. come from New York, 'the world outside your window' (if you live in New York, anyway...), while the Black Panther, probably their highest-profile black character not named Storm, comes from a made-up place.)

The Beat Down: Spider-Man vs. Vixen

I dropped my 2 cents on the fight.