Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Finally read first issue, it was good! Lots of action, did a good job easing you in and letting you know who was who. Always glad to see more non-American heroes get play as well. I hope the sales are good and will get us more.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I have done what I can do. Cross too. We dropped a BUNCH of big things in this 30 pager.

Once this is done you guys will have a new Vixen paradigm, potential allies, quest and definition sitting there. We want to do it but there's no ongoing on the slate for her at this time. If sales don't show there's an audience, this is probably where she'll stay.

The ball's in the audience court now.
    I kind of wish it wasn't online only. To me, it's a growing platform but still limited to readership.

Good or bad...thank you for your story.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I kind of wish it wasn't online only. To me, it's a growing platform but still limited to readership.

Digital FIRST. The hard copy version comes out next month.

Good or bad...thank you for your story.
    thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Digital FIRST. The hard copy version comes out next month.

thank you very much.
    Cool, I make sure to buy several copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Finally read first issue, it was good! Lots of action, did a good job easing you in and letting you know who was who. Always glad to see more non-American heroes get play as well. I hope the sales are good and will get us more.
    DC Comics needs to advertise/promote this book more. I've seen a few people on Twitter who said they didn't even know this book was coming out. They'll promote the heck out of Death Metal, Future State, Batman, Harley Quinn, etc. etc. but when it comes to characters like Vixen, the advertising is minimal (if there's any advertising at all).

I have a feeling that if sales aren't what DC Comics wants them to be, then Vixen fans/comic book fans will get blamed by DC for not being interested in her, but it's hard to buy a book if you don't even know it exists. And DC Comics won't hold themselves responsible, even though they could EASILY promote Redjack's title like they promote Batman's books.

Redjack has been promoting this book for months. DC Comics? Not so much.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 01-12-2021 at 05:57 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Yeah, and the comic wasn't even highlighted in DC's app. It wasn't in the list of new releases, so people had to search for the book's name.
    With so little promotion, I can't see how they expect it so sell, which is a huge shame and missed opportunity.

Yeah, I wouldn't have even known about this book if it weren't for this forum. The **** is DC doing?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't have even known about this book if it weren't for this forum. The **** is DC doing?
    Nothing...

I guess I should say not enough to be exact.

Astonishing Member

Vixen was amazing as expected lol. Redjack has a great handle on her voice and the nuance of her powers was really appreciated. The revamp of the Global Guardians can hopefully carry over to future titles because the Mission Impossible direction feels unique for them and is a great playground for Mari to explore too. The art was solid as well and had a good sense of energy which worked in Vixen and Impala's favor. A really enjoyable issue and looking forward to seeing more.

It just dawned on me, the god Vixrn was fighting destroyed her totem at the end.

It just dawned on me, the god Vixrn was fighting destroyed her totem at the end.
    Yeah, and apparently it didn't sever her connection to Anansi and the Red, which is great !

Yeah that was something Meltzer did during his JLA run. I'm glad Redjack/Thorne brought it back in the New52.

20210116_064020.jpg

I just read Truth & Justice. I loved it. Shout out to the writer for mentioning my country. I love when people remember the other Caribbean countries exist
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    I just read Truth & Justice. I loved it. Shout out to the writer for mentioning my country. I love when people remember the other Caribbean countries exist
    I found it funny Impala called her American...made me wonder how long has she lived in the states?

I found it funny Impala called her American...made me wonder how long has she lived in the states?
    Lmao right?? I'm hoping she goes back to Barbados though
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡