Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Maybe a Animal Master who is really old...like thousands of years old,

I'm cool with anyone, as long as it's not Animal Man.
    How about Dr Mist?

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I think CGI animal auras are limiting (like they were on the CW shows "Arrow" and "Legends of Tomorrow") because TV shows and movies will most likely only show CGI animal auras that can easily be recognized, which means they'll have Vixen mimicking the same animals over and over again. CGI animal auras will not help the general audience from knowing the difference between varieties of snakes, dogs, spiders, insects, fish, etc.

I think would TV shows and movies should do is have Vixen do voice overs where she is thinking about the animals she is using, that way she can name specific species or sub species of animals she is using, or telling you she is using a Black Widow spider or a Brown Recluse spider or even a Tarantula. They used to do that in the classic "MacGyver" TV show...sometimes MacGyver would have voiceovers so that we knew exactly what MacGyver was thinking when he was trying to get out of jams. Other times characters would ask other characters "What is he doing?" and then the other character would explain exactly what MacGyver was building, concocting, etc. Other times they would just flat out ask him what he was doing, and he would just tell them. I think Vixen should be approached the same way.

Or maybe they could also use subtitles and flash on the screen something like "Seagull + Otter + Praying Mantis" or something like that whenever they show Vixen using her powers. Maybe a combination of voice overs and subtitles? Maybe they could save money on budgets if they did something like this.

I think the more details we get about the animals she is mimicking, the better.
    I think the solution would be to either a) have Vixen channel the power of a specific animal, then exposit how she did it. "What did you do?" "I took over the power of a spitting cobra and spat venom in his face." b) have an image of the animal she's channeling appear on her totem.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    How about Dr Mist?
    I'm cool with Dr. Mist, especially if he helps her think outside the boxes like Merlin did her JLU version.
    RCO014_1469035961.jpg
    RCO017_1469035961.jpg
    RCO018_1469035961.jpg
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Well, at this point, Vixen is an Animal Master, so in my mind she doesn't even need mentoring. It's odd how DC wants to keep presenting her as some newbie or someone who is "not quite there yet" when using her powers, even though the character was created 43 years ago.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 05-01-2021 at 03:26 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Well, at this point, Vixen is an Animal Master, so in my mind she doesn't even need mentoring. It's odd how DC wants to keep presenting her as some newbie or someone who is "not quite there yet" when using her powers, even though the character was created 43 years ago.
    Well, we've got people here who want to the same to Gar, and he's an even older character.

But I agree that she should not need mentoring. She entered the field originally as a competent professional already past the need for training many years ago, as you said.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Well, we've got people here who want to the same to Gar, and he's an even older character.

But I agree that she should not need mentoring. She entered the field originally as a competent professional already past the need for training many years ago, as you said.
    Gar issue was more so that he was never allowed to be an adult.

Imagine Vixen mimicking a Praying Mantis:

John better watch his back and mind his head.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    John better watch his back and mind his head.
    I'm cool if DC decided to put John and Mari together.

I was referring to how Praying Mantis likes to behead and devour their lovers during mating sessions.

I'd like to see Vixen visit the universe she helped to create with Tristess and Animal Man. I'd be very interested to know what types of aliens, humanoids, animals, plants, etc. she helped to create, how many planets exist in that universe, etc. etc.

I guess we can add invisibility to Vixens list of abilities.
    http://https://www.hakaimagazine.com...-lanternshark/
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm cool if DC decided to put John and Mari together.
    Me too. I liked them as a couple in JLU and I would like to see it within the comics.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I guess we can add invisibility to Vixens list of abilities.
    http://https://www.hakaimagazine.com...-lanternshark/
    It's not working.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Me too. I liked them as a couple in JLU and I would like to see it within the comics.
    The show made me love them together.

Third.