Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

"Old geezer" is Impala talking about Barry or Jay?
    For some reason, I just assumed it was Barry. LOL

Vixen transforming into her costume was pretty cool. Did the bikini get vaporized in favor of the costume popping up or is she wearing it under the costume? Elaine was acting like it's happened before and they'll probably never see it again...
    I thought that part was funny. Is Vixen magically rearranging her clothing to her superhero costume but doesn't know how to undo the transformation. For some reason that made me smile.

Already some nice variety and implementation of Vixen's powers .
    I was truly impressed by the Horsefly's flight speed. After some Google research, I found out Vixen can reach about 3,942 miles per hour, which is the fastest she has ever flown. Which makes her a decent speedster in the DCU, maxing her speed out at a little over Mach 5.

I would have loved to see them incorporate the wing speed of a midge fly (1,000+ beats per second) with the strength of a Dung beetle (80 tons). That Gatling gun attack would "Sleep" anyone short of Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I liked the first issue's story well enough, but the format of DC's Digital Firsts bugged me as usual. Splitting regular pages in two and pretending like they've successfully created a book for the digital format always comes off as half-assed.
    Not the greatest reading experience when all the pages are cropped, sometimes over the art. And if you're reading on a tablet, the cropping is even less necessary. I was hoping this series wouldn't have to follow the restraints of such a bad format.
    I thought the same thing.

I felt this way when they put Vixen's animate series on CW's Seed. I like the idea that their using her to test the water of their new media source but I wish they would use an established/popular choice.

Don't get me wrong, this could be a big break for Vixen and DC as a whole...hopefully it is.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 01-11-2021 at 02:23 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.