Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    that would make sense, given the animal kingdom typically isn't Anansi's dominion or not exactly his role in the pantheon of Africana iconography. although the question becomes what kind of gifts come with being descended from Anansi. if she inherits powers more in line with Anansi's role and iconography then we start moving away from Vixen's niche, since Anansi is (in a broad sense) a god of trickery, illusion, story, things like that.
    Is any other gods in the African pantheon explored in DC Yemoja Or Mabey Olurun ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is any other gods in the African pantheon explored in DC Yemoja Or Mabey Olurun ?
    that I know of, besides Anansi and the Egyptian pantheon (ya know, the typical choices), some of the Orishas have popped up occassionally; particularly Shango and Oya are the ones I remember seeing. there could be others who have a one-off appearance or been name dropped but there're definitely none who have been explored with any depth; especially not in recent memory. i guess there's Urzkartaga, the malevolent plant god that Cheetah gets her powers from, but while he's technically an African god I'm pretty sure he was made by DC.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 04-10-2021 at 02:08 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

that I know of, besides Anansi and the Egyptian pantheon (ya know, the typical choices), some of the Orishas have popped up occassionally; particularly Shango and Oya are the ones I remember seeing. there could be others who have a one-off appearance or been name dropped but there're definitely none who have been explored with any depth; especially not in recent memory. i guess there's Urzkartaga, the malevolent plant god that Cheetah gets her powers from, but while he's technically an African god I'm pretty sure he was made by DC.
    Also Anansi of Static shock never appeared

Personally, I think an interesting story could be made around the Animal clans (Snake, Hornet, and Tiger) Anansi tricked to become the God of Stories.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Mighty Member

Read Future State NUBIA....Gods Anansi and Oshun are involved in the story especially somehow relating to creating Nubia.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Personally, I think an interesting story could be made around the Animal clans (Snake, Hornet, and Tiger) Anansi tricked to become the God of Stories.
    Brilliant idea......I agree.

Extraordinary Member

Her truth and justice story was great why can’t I have more her and impala

more Vixen is always the move. The clock is ticking DC
    The J-man

Her truth and justice story was great why can’t I have more her and impala
    I think DC needs an influx of new blood. Impala was a breath of fresh air.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-28-2021 at 03:58 PM.

So some new animal facts i learned that reminded me of Vixen today:

1. today I found out that, while super survivable in most environments, Tartegrades are actually super useless beyond that. They aren't really durable, they have no armor, protection, or any real defense mechanisms, and they get killed pretty easily by other lifeforms; particularly nematodes and themselves. they aren't even as immune as we thought to environmental dangers as we thought since they die in extreme heat. So when I learned that it reminded me of her story in Truth & Justice, where she used a Tardegrade's durability to defeat a god, and that made me chuckle.

2. apparently sperm whales can kill a human being with sound. that's a pretty terrifying ability i'm just now learning Vixen could potentially have.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Ultimate Member

2. apparently sperm whales can kill a human being with sound. that's a pretty terrifying ability i'm just now learning Vixen could potentially have.
    Black Canary - Canary Cry!

Vixen - Hold my beer...

Underrated animals:

Praying Mantis: They have scissors for arms, they are ruthless and bloodthirsty. Not to mention creepy as ****.

Lone Star Tick: "If you don't tell me what I want, the power of this tick that I'm channeling will render you allergic to meat'.

Peacock Mantis Shrimp: Punch as fast and strong as a bullet. Now amplify that to human proportions. Enough said.

Black Palm Cockatoo: "I can crack nuts with beak. Imagine what it can do to your skull."

So some new animal facts i learned that reminded me of Vixen today:

1. today I found out that, while super survivable in most environments, Tartegrades are actually super useless beyond that. They aren't really durable, they have no armor, protection, or any real defense mechanisms, and they get killed pretty easily by other lifeforms; particularly nematodes and themselves. they aren't even as immune as we thought to environmental dangers as we thought since they die in extreme heat. So when I learned that it reminded me of her story in Truth & Justice, where she used a Tardegrade's durability to defeat a god, and that made me chuckle.

Their able to survive because they become semi dried up dirt. By expelling all the water from their bodies, they becomes a lifeless husks. What makes them impressive is that with water, they can come back to life. So to use their powers Vixen would have to dry herself out and hope no one finds her body before it rains. Not a good look. lol

Now if she wanted to do some damage, she could combine the abilities of

Superhuman durability, (Armored Beetle - enough to withstand a hit from Superman)
    Superhuman strength, up to 7,000 tons (Gonorrhea)
    Flight, slightly over Mach 5 (Horsefly)
    Healing, Wolverine level healing (Tapeworm)
    1100 strikes per second, (Midge fly)
    Electric and Laser attacks (Eel and Angler Fish)
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-28-2021 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    So to use their powers Vixen would have to dry herself out and hope no one finds her body before it rains. Not a good look. lol
    Maybe she could add camouflage abilities while she is in that dried up state to avoid detection.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

the power we all want to see

The J-man