Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    just read #3 and this has easily been my favorite Vixen story. i don't think I've ever heard of Olympian but I really dig that character's design, all the character designs were really solid. my biggest gripe is that is how short it is, I would love to see all of these ideas expanded more. this definitely is the best foundation for a wider Vixen mythology centered DC's put out, but they kinda hoed with this BS cropping. the should've promoted this heavier, it's always refreshing reading about someone other than Batman or the Justice League. Redjack and the crew really came through, I hope this gets a full run down the line.
    Yeah, it was an awesome read even if the cropping made it harder to understand sometime. But Vixen with international heroes ? Why wasn't it done before - or more ?

Oh man, I need a Vixen & GGI comic right now.
    I agree that the character designs were great. Made me really interested in the heroes, and I enjoyed how fleshed out Vixen was. Vixen stretching after the fight was the icing on the cake. There are so many details in this story.

I was wrong, the crotch bird wasn't that bad once I saw it in action. It brings the costume together, very nicely.

I really enjoyed the GGI members we got to see. Would love to see Red Jacks's interpretation of the new team. If I remember correctly, Olympian should be in Superman and Wonder Woman's League. Would love to see Owlwoman, Raising Sun and Jack O'Lantern show up.

I like the idea that Vixen might be relate to Anansi. A nice was to explain her totemless powers. This open up a lot of doors dealing with African mythology and really brings Vixen's African roots back into play.

I'm all for Vixen leading the GGI

Overall: It was good. Though, I wished I could have seen Vixen use more of her animal versatility.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 01-23-2021 at 06:26 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Which members of the Global Guardians appeared besides Impala and Mist?

A female Olympian
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I really liked the issue, but it was a little bittersweet because it ends up being a prologue for a book that, judging by the lack of promotion this title got, DC have no intention to publish.
    Once again this book wasn't even among the new releases on DCs app. I had to search for it to find it. I honestly can't see how they think readers will back it up if they don't know it even exists.

And I'm sad about the costume change. The bird crotch is a bad idea and the other costume just looked a lot better.

I kinda love the design overall, it's the placement of the bird for me. like it works here as more of a belt/trunks type piece, but in other panels it looks like a front facing tramp stamp. it just looks kinda tacked on and I can't help but feel like this sorta odd design choice wouldn't have flown for a more popular male character. if they just expanded into trunks or reduced it to a belt I think it'd be less distracting while still bringing the design together.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-23-2021 at 10:51 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

I kinda love the design overall, it's the placement of the bird for me. like it works here as more of a belt/trunks type piece, but in other panels it looks like a front facing tramp stamp. it just looks kinda tacked on and I can't help but feel like this sorta odd design choice wouldn't have flown for a more popular male character. if they just expanded into trunks or reduced it to a belt I think it'd be less distracting while still bringing the design together.
    I like the yellow but it seems too busy to me. I feel like the design elements could've been better balanced, especially compared to the previous suit.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    A female Olympian
    A pity. Would have loved to see more Global Guardians appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    A pity. Would have loved to see more Global Guardians appearing.
    so would we.

fingers crossed.

With the wings and color scheme she reminds me of the Titans' Bumblebee.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    so would we.

fingers crossed.
    If you would be given the chance to write them again, who else would you use in the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Oh my gosh, I thought the same lmao.

For a second I thought that Vixen got into Karen's house and looted Bumblebee's wardrobe xd.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    If you would be given the chance to write them again, who else would you use in the team?
    i have plans for revamped versions of some members and completely new characters who no one's ever heard of. there are a lot of nations in the united nations. the book would have a mission:impossible/suicide squad vibe in that there would a core roster with rotating, mission-specific members swapping in and out depending on the adventure at hand.

i would probably bring in FIRE for a guest spot without putting her back on the team full time.

this would be a straight-up, FUN super-hero book. not much with the crime stopping more with the crazy adventures.
    Last edited by Redjack; 01-23-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Huh, never thought of that.