Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

other powers I just learned Vixen has (because she is the animal kingdom)

heat resistant iron skin/shell from the Volcano Slug

photosynthesis from the leaf slug

EDIT: something I just realized could be possible is a "bubble bullet" via a pistol shrimp

while the cavitation bubble technically shouldn't be possible on land, I think the magical nature of Vixen's connection to the Red could compensate for that. it's the same way it compensates to create the conditions for her to fly without wings. shooting an on-land cavitation bullet would definitely put her on a different league, it's basically the closest thing our planet has to a straight up ki blast. plus, the grip strength, speed, and power pistol shrimp output to create that effect is no joke.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-18-2021 at 10:59 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Vixen is like Flash: Once you really dig into the implications underlying her basic powerset, you start to realize how hilariously powerful she could be. I definitely agree she should absolutely be one of the heavy hitters (and a natural fit for the JL) of the DCU.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Let me guess @lemonpeace you watched the Jamie Foxx movie Project power

(spoilers from the film, don't watch if you haven't seen it. the films on Netflix)
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Let me guess @lemonpeace you watched the Jamie Foxx movie Project power

(spoilers from the film, don't watch if you haven't seen it. the films on Netflix)
    actually no, I didn't. the movie didn't look particularly good, it gave me very much Bright vibes; doesn't look as bad as I thought based in this scene. does he actually do the cavitation bubble bullet? it shouldn't be possible outside of water, I wonder what they made it look like.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Unlike other animal mimics, Mari is NOT limited to one at a time or one species at a time. She can stack abilities and, so far, I haven't seen an upper limit on that.
    IIRC, Animal Man is also not limited to one animal at a time he tapped into three animals at once in the Rotworld Arc.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    other powers I just learned Vixen has (because she is the animal kingdom)

heat resistant iron skin/shell from the Volcano Slug

EDIT: something I just realized could be possible is a "bubble bullet" via a pistol shrimp

while the cavitation bubble technically shouldn't be possible on land, I think the magical nature of Vixen's connection to the Red could compensate for that. it's the same way it compensates to create the conditions for her to fly without wings. shooting an on-land cavitation bullet would definitely put her on a different league, it's basically the closest thing our planet has to a straight up ki blast. plus, the grip strength, speed, and power pistol shrimp output to create that effect is no joke.
    I wish that we could see more of The Red and other forces of life beside The Green. The Animal Kingdom is really diverse and lots of possibilities to explore.

Animals I would love to see Vixen channel:

Fly: for dodging and speed. Anybody whose had to deal with flies know how tough they are to get rid of. I would love to see Vixen annoy the hell out of an opponent with it.

Komodo Dragon: fast, venomous, strong and has claws.

Crocodiles: Strongest bite force in the animal kingdom (or so I've read). I wonder if she can channel that force through her arms to clamp down opponents without injuring them.

Ankylosaurus: By far my favorite of the dinosaurs. Heavily armored, spiked and dangerous.

Triceratops: A step up from the rhino. Imagine her charging up at someone while channeling that ability.

Blue whale: By far the heaviest animal in the animal kingdom. Have her channel it's ability and just sit on somebody's ass until they give up (provided they don't immediately die).

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    IIRC, Animal Man is also not limited to one animal at a time he tapped into three animals at once in the Rotworld Arc.
    This may be correct but AFAIK he is limited to those animals that are currently in existence. Mari is not. Also, AFAIK, he can only stack multiple single examples of a given species. Like one lion, one tiger, one elephant, etc.. Mari can take the proportionate strength of an entire ant colony. Or ALL the ant colonies that not only currently exist or but which have ever existed.
    Last edited by Redjack; 02-19-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Her ability isn't about raw power. She's not the most physically powerful hero. But she is one of the most versatile Superheroes. She has strength, speed, durability, flight, but she also has healing abilities, electrical attacks, immortality, numerous poison, and chemical abilities, and resistances. and that's just me thinking off the top of my head without really doing any research into more obscure animal abilities. In fact, Vixen and other animal mimics might have the broadest set of abilities of all superheroes. they essentially have every power but shapeshifting(though octopuses come very close to being shapeshifters) and telepathy/telekinesis.

Technically, she done those too. I have an almost complete run down on all her in comic abilities on the first page of this thread.

Whiie rarely done, Pre52 Vixen could fully shapeshift.to animals
    RCO022_1604169583.jpg

She has a form of telepathy
    RCO004_1583544874.jpg

And maybe telekinesis...
    RCO015_1611505553.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-19-2021 at 06:05 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

heat resistant iron skin/shell
    She did a variation of this against Starbreaker...who is the adult form of Suneaters.
    Attachment 106326

She produced light and a lasers from Angler and Hatchet fish.
    Attachment 106327

A "bubble bullet" via a pistol shrimp
    She might have done that too.
    Attachment 106328
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-19-2021 at 05:38 PM.

Double post
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-19-2021 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    She did a variation of this against Starbreaker...who is the adult form of Suneaters.
    Attachment 106326

She produced light and a lasers from Angler and Hatchet fish.
    Attachment 106327

She might have done that too.
    Attachment 106328
    I can't see the images, but for the light feat I know the panel and it's a different effect from what I'm talking about. the angler fish+hatchet fish feat is cool I guess (a bit of a stretch on the power of the animals) but that's more of a quirk using bioluminescence to the extreme. the Leaf Slug uses photosynthesis which would mean she'd use it to nourish herself and provide supplemental energy for her body.

currently following:

personally, if we're going with long range blast type abilities, I'd rather an amped up cavitation bullet than the light laser. lasers are cool, this is true, but they're not super original and the way they got to the light laser always felt like a bit too much of a stretch of what these animals can actually do. for me it feels like a less egregious but similar issue i had with the whole accessing other heroes specifically trained skills, metahuman abilities and magic superpower by tapping into "human" concept; it's kinda a lazy stretch to crib less unique but more traditionally "powerful" abilities from other characters. the stack ability should be used to supplement and amp up the animal power to the necessary level she needs, I don't think it should be used to Frankenstein a whole different power that doesn't exist on this planet. like stacking the leaf plug's photosynthesis to accumulate solar energy and then stack it with an Eel's electricity to amplify her electrical output or something. each ability Vixen does should remain true to and teach you about whichever animal she's using, otherwise defeats the purpose of having animal powers once it reaches that point.

I don't want Vixen pulling no grab bag abilities. no telepathy (outside like a magic ritual or something) no telekinesis, no laser beams, no wholesale shapeshifting (camouflage and body liquefaction are fine though). if you can't observe the ability in the wild, relatively, then I don't wanna see Vixen doing it.

currently following:

personally, if we're going with long range blast type abilities, I'd rather an amped up cavitation bullet than the light laser. lasers are cool, this is true, but they're not super original and the way they got to the light laser always felt like a bit too much of a stretch of what these animals can actually do. for me it feels like a less egregious but similar issue i had with the whole accessing other heroes specifically trained skills, metahuman abilities and magic superpower by tapping into "human" concept; it's kinda a lazy stretch to crib less unique but more traditionally "powerful" abilities from other characters. the stack ability should be used to supplement and amp up the animal power to the necessary level she needs, I don't think it should be used to Frankenstein a whole different power that doesn't exist on this planet. like stacking the leaf plug's photosynthesis to accumulate solar energy and then stack it with an Eel's electricity to amplify her electrical output or something. each ability Vixen does should remain true to and teach you about whichever animal she's using, otherwise defeats the purpose of having animal powers once it reaches that point.

I don't want Vixen pulling no grab bag abilities. no telepathy (outside like a magic ritual or something) no telekinesis, no laser beams, no wholesale shapeshifting (camouflage and body liquefaction are fine though). if you can't observe the ability in the wild, relatively, then I don't wanna see Vixen doing it.
    I'm perfectly fine with her using the power of the "Red" to enhance or twist animal abilities to fight evil.

There no reason, she should wait weeks to regenerate her body (Flateworms) or produce a weak light above her forehead (Angler fish) or get destroyed by a hits from Superman (Armored Beetle).
    The Red gives Vixen all the energy she needs and allows writer to get creative with the limits of her powers.

Well, that's my 2 cents.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-19-2021 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm perfectly fine with her using the power of the "Red" to enhance or twist animal abilities to fight evil.

There no reason, she should wait weeks to regenerate her body (Flateworms) or produce a weak light above her forehead (Angler fish) or get destroyed by a hits from Superman (Armored Beetle).
    The Red gives Vixen all the energy she needs and allows writer to get creative with the limits of her powers.

Well, that's my 2 cents.
    that's not what I'm talking about tho, there is a difference between amplify what an animal can do and making up an unnatural animal ability by Frankensteining or outright changing what their ability actually does.

an accelerated version of healing makes sense because it is an ability that animals have, she just has an amplified version, a whole laser beam does not because there is no animal on this earth that can shoot a laser beam. instantly liquefying and reassembling her body makes sense or producing a poisonous gas from her body makes sense, because there are animals that can do that, but telekinesis doesn't because there isn't an animal that can do that.

if her ability is to have every ability in the animal kingdom, it shouldn't really be a big ask that her abilities actually are abilities that these animals have. her powers are magic but that shouldn't be used as an excuse for hack writers to go "and now she can move things with her mind and breath an ice beam while flying like an eagle BUT AT LIGHTSPEED!! because MAGIC!!" is all I'm saying. grab bag powers and hyper-exaggerated applications of what these animals can do (to the point it doesn't even look like what they actually can do) are cheap ways to skew Vixen on the power scale while doing the character herself a disservice.

currently following: