Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

The J-man

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Please don't rip my head off. Could Vixen and Batman work? Not like long term, but for a few years.
    She deserves better.

Please don't rip my head off. Could Vixen and Batman work? Not like long term, but for a few years.
    No thanks. The last thing I want to see is Batman telling Vixen how to use her own powers, him treating her like one of his operatives and her having to deal with his moodiness and all the other baggage he's got. Not to mention I'd hate for people who aren't that familiar with Vixen to start thinking she is a Batman character.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 05-15-2021 at 12:50 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

No. Even putting aside my own dislike of creators blatantly self-inserting as Batman and hooking him up with various other heroines (Black Canary (Miller), Zatanna & Diana (Dini), Lois (Snyder), etc), Batman already has so many other LIs. He’s got Catwoman and Talia as his main romances, teases with Diana, Mari gets absolutely nothing as a character from being in a relationship. At best it’s a fling where she’s just another conquest for his fanboys to boast about, at worst she becomes another Batman hanger-on, used to prop him up when writers want to, unable to really move on because she keeps getting dragged back into his orbit. It can’t go anywhere and it just wastes time that could be spent in developing Mari as a character elsewhere.

If you want that Batman archetype though, Bronze Tiger works just fine (yeah I’m shilling my ship what of it?)
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

excuse me?

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I'm just going to leave this here:

I just remembered that they paired Vixen with B'wana Beast on Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No. Even putting aside my own dislike of creators blatantly self-inserting as Batman and hooking him up with various other heroines (Black Canary (Miller), Zatanna & Diana (Dini), Lois (Snyder), etc), Batman already has so many other LIs. He’s got Catwoman and Talia as his main romances, teases with Diana, Mari gets absolutely nothing as a character from being in a relationship. At best it’s a fling where she’s just another conquest for his fanboys to boast about, at worst she becomes another Batman hanger-on, used to prop him up when writers want to, unable to really move on because she keeps getting dragged back into his orbit. It can’t go anywhere and it just wastes time that could be spent in developing Mari as a character elsewhere.

If you want that Batman archetype though, Bronze Tiger works just fine (yeah I’m shilling my ship what of it?)
    The only thing I see her getting out of it is publicity. Which all those women have benefited from at. One point or another. But that’s fleeting

The least Vixen needs is to be pushed as another sidekick of Batman so he can look good.
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 05-15-2021 at 07:14 AM.

Bruce and Mari had a moment....

RCO011 (2).jpg
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I just remembered that they paired Vixen with B'wana Beast on Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Ended fairly tragically, too...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Bruce and Mari had a moment....

RCO011 (2).jpg
    she looks like wolverine

Its a crown, as befitting a queen.

Seriously though, what was the inspiration behind her hair?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

High fashion as designed by people chained to a desk?

I was guessing it was supposed to be evocative of a fox's ears (since a female fox is a vixen, and they pushed that a bit in her earliest appearance). On the other hand, maybe it's just the '80s. Either way, I do not like that hair.