Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

"Old geezer" is Impala talking about Barry or Jay?
    For some reason, I just assumed it was Barry. LOL

Vixen transforming into her costume was pretty cool. Did the bikini get vaporized in favor of the costume popping up or is she wearing it under the costume? Elaine was acting like it's happened before and they'll probably never see it again...
    I thought that part was funny. Is Vixen magically rearranging her clothing to her superhero costume but doesn't know how to undo the transformation. For some reason that made me smile.

Already some nice variety and implementation of Vixen's powers .
    I was truly impressed by the Horsefly's flight speed. After some Google research, I found out Vixen can reach about 3,942 miles per hour, which is the fastest she has ever flown. Which makes her a decent speedster in the DCU, maxing her speed out at a little over Mach 5.

I would have loved to see them incorporate the wing speed of a midge fly (1,000+ beats per second) with the strength of a Dung beetle (80 tons). That Gatling gun attack would "Sleep" anyone short of Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I liked the first issue's story well enough, but the format of DC's Digital Firsts bugged me as usual. Splitting regular pages in two and pretending like they've successfully created a book for the digital format always comes off as half-assed.
    Not the greatest reading experience when all the pages are cropped, sometimes over the art. And if you're reading on a tablet, the cropping is even less necessary. I was hoping this series wouldn't have to follow the restraints of such a bad format.
    I thought the same thing.

I felt this way when they put Vixen's animate series on CW's Seed. I like the idea that their using her to test the water of their new media source but I wish they would use an established/popular choice.

Don't get me wrong, this could be a big break for Vixen and DC as a whole...hopefully it is.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 01-11-2021 at 02:23 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I liked the first issue's story well enough, but the format of DC's Digital Firsts bugged me as usual. Splitting regular pages in two and pretending like they've successfully created a book for the digital format always comes off as half-assed.
    Not the greatest reading experience when all the pages are cropped, sometimes over the art. And if you're reading on a tablet, the cropping is even less necessary. I was hoping this series wouldn't have to follow the restraints of such a bad format.

As for the story itself, I liked how the issue introduced Mari and her career while also using Impala and Mist, two characters we don't see enough of.
    I also love the concept of updating the Global Guardians. The original iteration was very stereotypical, but I think it's one of DC's teams with most unrealized potential.
    That said, what does GGI mean? Global Guardians Initiative? I thought their role would be a bit more political in contrast to the JL's (given they're funded by the UN), so their new mission was surprising but maybe not so unique to them.

I hope this comic does well so we can see more of this corner of the DCU. It's a crime Vixen has only ever had one solo mini.
    I thought it was Global Guardians International (kind of redundant with Global, admittedly).

I thought it was Global Guardians International (kind of redundant with Global, admittedly).
    "Initiative."

Also, it's not "old geezer."

it's just "geezer."

Charles was raised in England

Geezer is a slang term for a man. In the UK it is used most often to refer simply to a man ie "some geezer was here earlier" and less often as complimentary phrase ie "he is a proper geezer".- Wikipedia

I also am unhappy with the presentation. dunno how it can be seen to but that's not how we made the book. it'll look right in the hard copy version.

It's a shame that a Digital First product will only "look right" when it reaches print. Is there any way we can contact DC to show our dissatisfaction with their digital format?
    This is not the first digital DC book that's been damaged by this presentation. Legend of Wonder Woman would have been awesome if it wasn't for that.
    I assumed with their recent digital push, things would change for the better.

Where are reading Truth and Justice at? I can't find it on comixology
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    In my country it's available on the DC Comics app.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Its on there if you type it in

Ultimate Member

So is this Impala the formerly known as Kid Impala-who we never learned a thing about-now grown up?

Read the first issue. I'm interested in seeing where this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So is this Impala the formerly known as Kid Impala-who we never learned a thing about-now grown up?
    Nope.

one thing that will be a hallmark of however long i get to write DC comics is there will be a SLEW of new characters coming in. Stick around for these T & J chapters. Part 2 is going to be SICK.

First on deck is Mr. Charles Mokose (Muh KOH zee)- IMPALA III

His powers, origin and background are, as yet, unrevealed. All we know for sure is that he runs REALLY fast but not as fast as the Flash.He is not connected to the Speed Force AT ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    "Initiative."

Also, it's not "old geezer."

it's just "geezer."

Charles was raised in England

Geezer is a slang term for a man. In the UK it is used most often to refer simply to a man ie "some geezer was here earlier" and less often as complimentary phrase ie "he is a proper geezer".- Wikipedia

I also am unhappy with the presentation. dunno how it can be seen to but that's not how we made the book. it'll look right in the hard copy version.
    You learn something new everyday .

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That was my thinking as well.

I read it today and thought it was pretty good. I wouldn't mind learning more about Impala III.

Vixen's pretty good here. I think I get the "Idris" joke she makes. I might google horseflies and army ants later .

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Its on there if you type it in
    I messed up by searching Vixen: Truth and Justice instead of just Truth and Justice by itself. No wonder it wasn't coming up, I was about to go crazy.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Nope.

one thing that will be a hallmark of however long i get to write DC comics is there will be a SLEW of new characters coming in. Stick around for these T & J chapters. Part 2 is going to be SICK.

First on deck is Mr. Charles Mokose (Muh KOH zee)- IMPALA III

His powers, origin and background are, as yet, unrevealed. All we know for sure is that he runs REALLY fast but not as fast as the Flash.He is not connected to the Speed Force AT ALL.
    will we see and learn more of what Impala can do? his design and aesthetic is pretty compelling (despite his rather understated fit) and it makes me curious to see what ways his skills and abilities diverge from Flash beyond "he's fast kinda like a speedster but he's not a speedster nor as fast"
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."