Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Can we all agree that the concept deserves a better name than 'The Red'? :P

So is Andrea Bordeaux a really good actress? I've never heard of her until now.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 05-23-2021 at 08:44 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Yeah, I think DC needs to clean up the Red's description just a bit, because the Red is also known as "The Parliament of Limbs"... but trees also have limbs... but trees are covered by The Green, as you said.
    Parliament of Claw and Fang, perhaps? (Not every animal has both, or even either, but still, lots of 'em do, and it's not something they share with plants...)

Kind of builds off of the 'nature, red in tooth and claw' phrase, from, uh, wherever I heard that... Kipling?

I always thought the Parliament of Blood (RED) would have been a better name. Most animals have blood and its the one thing that connects us all.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 05-25-2021 at 10:08 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

"New Research Reveals Plants Bleed."

I kid. I like the name but I can't help but think that our attempts to categorize things will inevitably be hampered by new scientific discoveries.

I like the 'Tree of Life' idea suggested on the previous page.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

I kid. I like the name but I can't help but think that our attempts to categorize things will inevitably be hampered by new scientific discoveries.
    I admit, I'm not particularly fond of the Red. Though I don't think they'd ever walk it back with Vixen, I think there's something to the simplicity of the idea that her powers come from a magic totem created long ago and the animal powers manifested from it are from animals in the sense that the creator thought of them. Not limited to local animals (specific animals they new of), but limited to that person's conception of animal life. Then new discoveries don't matter, and consistency of powerset can remain.

I like the 'Tree of Life' idea suggested on the previous page.
    I actually googled "Plants with fangs", because, well, you never know. I didn't see any signs of plants with fangs, but I did see this:

I think Cobra Lily would be a cool name for a member of Vixen's Rogues Gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I admit, I'm not particularly fond of the Red. Though I don't think they'd ever walk it back with Vixen, I think there's something to the simplicity of the idea that her powers come from a magic totem created long ago and the animal powers manifested from it are from animals in the sense that the creator thought of them. Not limited to local animals (specific animals they new of), but limited to that person's conception of animal life. Then new discoveries don't matter, and consistency of powerset can remain.
    To me, the RED just simplifies everything and gives her a connections to other animal based heroes

I actually googled "Plants with fangs", because, well, you never know. I didn't see any signs of plants with fangs, but I did see this:

Gotta love the crazy life on the world

It's too late to get rid of the Red and I don't think it's a good idea to get rid of it anyway. Stripping characters of the concepts, ideas, stories and the resulting they've accumulated over the years is how you get crap like the Nu52. The Red just needs to be developed more and reconfigured in a way that serves Vixen while also serving as an all-encompassing explanation for all the characters with animal power. For Vixen it's 'Tree of Life', for Beast Boy it's 'The Red', for Animal Man it's 'the Morphogenetic Template' but they are all ultimately drawing from the same thing but interacting with it in different ways through different means.

My first thought at the title: 'there is 20 of them?!'.

There's currently a mouse infestation going on in Australia, and it's been going on for months; I wonder what Vixen would do to help Australians with this problem.

-Channel an African bull elephant and just step on them.

-Give a lecture on a bio diversity and how minimizing one species leads to the propagation of other species which used to be the food source of the former. Then aid the government in finding effective solutions to solve the problem.

-This option depends on how much she likes the taste of rat and if she's driven enough to channel it's power.

There's currently a mouse infestation going on in Australia, and it's been going on for months; I wonder what Vixen would do to help Australians with this problem.

Probably nothing. Life will handle the imbalance in the eco-system

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It's too late to get rid of the Red and I don't think it's a good idea to get rid of it anyway. Stripping characters of the concepts, ideas, stories and the resulting they've accumulated over the years is how you get crap like the Nu52. The Red just needs to be developed more and reconfigured in a way that serves Vixen while also serving as an all-encompassing explanation for all the characters with animal power. For Vixen it's 'Tree of Life', for Beast Boy it's 'The Red', for Animal Man it's 'the Morphogenetic Template' but they are all ultimately drawing from the same thing but interacting with it in different ways through different means.

My first thought at the title: 'there is 20 of them?!'.
    My first question is "There's MORE than 20 of them?!"
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    My first question is "There's MORE than 20 of them?!"
    Characters who use the Red?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Characters who use the Red?
    Carnivorous plants!
    Assassinate Putin!