Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Well, by 'advanced' I meant how African cities look today. Skyscrapers, highways, fast cars- as seen in the link I posted. A contemporary look that's different from how Africa is usually depicted (impoverished huts, jungles) but still based on reality and also fits Vixen's businesswoman background.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I would want Zambesi to be like a hidden village from Naruto/Boruto. It operates as a place that is borderline modern and ancient with the townsfolk being adept in magic or being regular citizens that are aware of magic and etc. You have politicians, shamans, mages, necromancers, and regular working folk, and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I would want Zambesi to be like a hidden village from Naruto/Boruto. It operates as a place that is borderline modern and ancient with the townsfolk being adept in magic or being regular citizens that are aware of magic and etc. You have politicians, shamans, mages, necromancers, and regular working folk, and whatnot.

That would be a great idea to revamp Zambesi.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Zambesi is not a huge city. From what I can gather, it's a small city that still has huts and Christian religions. It probably stuck in the middle with the rich living in modern western society/culture and the poor people still living in huts.
    RCO025.jpg
    20210807_095446.jpg
    RCO008_1484187879.jpg

With that being said, a writer could male the city any thing he or she wanted. Personally, I would give it a ok mething specific to set it apart from other African citites.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-07-2021 at 07:57 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Zambesi is not a huge city. From what I can gather, it's a small city that still has huts and Christian religions. It probably stuck in the middle with the rich living in modern western society/culture and the poor people still living in huts.
    I was going older school, where Zambesi was a country, not a city (which I thought was an Arrow thing, but I quit watching that long ago, so unsure).

I guess a lot depends on how educated you think Mari's father was. What method he became President by (though I'm willing to sacrifice that, myself), etc. I mean, was he highly educated? If so, city life is more likely. I'd like to see more of cities for Africa - too many people think it's all villages. And, of course, it makes sense for Vixen's business or for her as a power-wielder.

I do agree there has always been a large Christian presence in the versions I'v seen.

My understanding of Zambesi is that it is a COUNTRY, not a city or a village.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 08-07-2021 at 08:33 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I was going older school, where Zambesi was a country, not a city (which I thought was an Arrow thing, but I quit watching that long ago, so unsure).

I guess a lot depends on how educated you think Mari's father was. What method he became President by (though I'm willing to sacrifice that, myself), etc. I mean, was he highly educated? If so, city life is more likely. I'd like to see more of cities for Africa - too many people think it's all villages. And, of course, it makes sense for Vixen's business or for her as a power-wielder.

I do agree there has always been a large Christian presence in the versions I'v seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    My understanding of Zambesi is that it is a COUNTRY, not a city or a village.
    My fault. My brain saw the Hidden Leaf pics and I automatically made Zambesi a city. LoL...damn anime.

As far as I know, there has been no mention on Mari's father education

I'm cool with this list. Just missing Spectrum in my opinion.

Does Vixen have the same qualms that Beast Boy and Animal Man have about eating animals?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Does Vixen have the same qualms that Beast Boy and Animal Man have about eating animals?
    I dont think so. At least it never been brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I dont think so. At least it never been brought up.
    When did Gar turn vegetarian, anyway? He certainly wasn't when introduced, or in the early '80s NTT. And he had no particular affinity for or understanding of animals back then - just could transform into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    When did Gar turn vegetarian, anyway? He certainly wasn't when introduced, or in the early '80s NTT. And he had no particular affinity for or understanding of animals back then - just could transform into them.
    I always thought they did it because Greg Cipes is a vegan.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Gar was vegan in the 2003 show because in his own words 'he's been all those animals'. IRL, the showrunners thought this added to the character and his VA is vegan too but IDK if that was the primary reason for BB being vegan.

There has been a trend of making characters with animal affinity vegan. There was Animal Man in Morrison's run, Beast Boy in the 2003 show, Wonder Woman in Rucka's run who can talk to animals and Superman in Waid's Birthright could 'see souls' or auras of people and that's why he was vegan.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Gar was vegan in the 2003 show because in his own words 'he's been all those animals'. IRL, the showrunners thought this added to the character and his VA is vegan too but IDK if that was the primary reason for BB being vegan.

There has been a trend of making characters with animal affinity vegan. There was Animal Man in Morrison's run, Beast Boy in the 2003 show, Wonder Woman in Rucka's run who can talk to animals and Superman in Waid's Birthright could 'see souls' or auras of people and that's why he was vegan.
    Just imagine if this happened.

Gar: *sees Mari eating meat* Wtf? You probably used the powers of that animal at some point!

Mari: Baby it’s called the circle of life. *continues to eat*
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

"The animals you turn into eats other animals too."