Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

I thought this was cool and the new Impala design is interesting. This issue also felt way too short.

Can someone explain the Idris joke to me? I didn't get it.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I thought this was cool and the new Impala design is interesting. This issue also felt way too short.

Can someone explain the Idris joke to me? I didn't get it.
    I thought they were referring to the actor Idris Elba.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    will we see and learn more of what Impala can do? his design and aesthetic is pretty compelling (despite his rather understated fit) and it makes me curious to see what ways his skills and abilities diverge from Flash beyond "he's fast kinda like a speedster but he's not a speedster nor as fast"
    mostly speed things in this story but he does have a slew of other powers he'd be able to show should this turn into an ongoing book. which i hope it does.

the design is all Cross. I just wrote he wears a stylized mask that appears and disappears as he needs it. everything else is Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I thought they were referring to the actor Idris Elba.
    DING!

correct!

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    mostly speed things in this story but he does have a slew of other powers he'd be able to show should this turn into an ongoing book. which i hope it does.

the design is all Cross. I just wrote he wears a stylized mask that appears and disappears as he needs it. everything else is Cross.
    That's cool. I didnt know artist had that much freedom when it came to design.

Can you say how fast Mari was flying when she took on the flight of a Horsefly?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    That's cool. I didnt know artist had that much freedom when it came to design.

Can you say how fast Mari was flying when she took on the flight of a Horsefly?
    they were both doing around mach two but she had to speed up a bit to catch and overtake Impala before the fight.

they were both doing around mach two but she had to speed up a bit to catch and overtake Impala before the fight.
    Thank you so much. You have no idea how much that reply means to me.

I actually found this cool site where they do animal/insect speed compared to human size. It blow me away that Mari can reach Mach 5 with the flight of a Horsefly.

20210110_102850.jpg

Gonna have to edit my previous post now.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 01-10-2021 at 09:57 AM.

Thank you so much. You have no idea how much that reply means to me.

I actually found this cool site where they do animal/insect speed compared to human size. It blow me away that Mari can reach Mach 5 with the flight of a Horsefly.

20210110_102850.jpg

Gonna have to edit my previous post now.
    Like I said. Vixen is already in the Superman/Wonder Woman power class. She just needed to realize what's available to her. Most people don't know what this planet has really produced, animal-wise. But I do. And it stands to reason, if you suddenly got the power to access all those creatures, you might spend some time brushing up on what they can do.

Mari has done so. When I'm writing her, she is a tank. Period.

Like I said. Vixen is already in the Superman/Wonder Woman power class. She just needed to realize what's available to her. Most people don't know what this planet has really produced, animal-wise. But I do. And it stands to reason, if you suddenly got the power to access all those creatures, you might spend some time brushing up on what they can do.

I'm glad you're well versed in the matter and want to explore her versatility. It'd be nice to see something more than rhino/gorilla strength, bird flying and claws.
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

this is something that always bothered me, are the animals and animal parts that appear with Vixen's power visible, tangible, Red contructs or are they purely aesthetic for the readers? it's one of those thing that always bothered me because I'm certain some iterations have them being real constructs while I think most just don't address them at all which would imply they aren't really there.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I like how the horsefly wings manifested out of her back and it stayed for the duration she used her abilities.

this is something that always bothered me, are the animals and animal parts that appear with Vixen's power visible, tangible, Red contructs or are they purely aesthetic for the readers? it's one of those thing that always bothered me because I'm certain some iterations have them being real constructs while I think most just don't address them at all which would imply they aren't really there.
    it's magic. It conforms to her needs.

I've always seen it as an aesthetic choice myself, just there to look cool.

Hey, you're driving the bus...do your thing.

Hey, you're driving the bus...do your thing.
    I have done what I can do. Cross too. We dropped a BUNCH of big things in this 30 pager.

Once this is done you guys will have a new Vixen paradigm, potential allies, quest and definition sitting there. We want to do it but there's no ongoing on the slate for her at this time. If sales don't show there's an audience, this is probably where she'll stay.

The ball's in the audience court now.