Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Naive of me to hope Vixen is in Dark Knights of Steel? Even if I’m not a huge Tom Taylor fan, his work tends to sell well, and Mari is a natural fit for that world with her powers. If she’s in a high selling book that might encourage DC to do more with her.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Naive of me to hope Vixen is in Dark Knights of Steel? Even if I’m not a huge Tom Taylor fan, his work tends to sell well, and Mari is a natural fit for that world with her powers. If she’s in a high selling book that might encourage DC to do more with her.
    Wasn't there a Justice League Unlimited where she literally used the power of a dragon to defeat someone? Honestly I'm surprised they even considered black lightning for this given that POC characters rarely have major roles in these elseworld stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I want to say yes but I need to know if Taylor used her in Injustice or any of the other titles he wrote to gauge whether he has any interest in her.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Wasn't there a Justice League Unlimited where she literally used the power of a dragon to defeat someone? Honestly I'm surprised they even considered black lightning for this given that POC characters rarely have major roles in these elseworld stories.
    Yes but not in the show but in one of the tie in comics.

Source: Justice League Unlimited #9

Vixen as seen on "DC Superhero Girls"
    vixenelephant.jpg
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

What's up with Beast Boy's attitude against Vixen? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I want to say yes but I need to know if Taylor used her in Injustice or any of the other titles he wrote to gauge whether he has any interest in her.

She and Animal Man appeared in the I2 comics and helped Ra’s with his plan to kill off most of humanity, so I don’t think Taylor cares about her all that much. Bummer.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    What's up with Beast Boy's attitude against Vixen? LOL

He senses her superiority. Even without her powers.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

cool Vixen appearance in Wonder Woman: Black & Gold today; in space no less!

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    cool Vixen appearance in Wonder Woman: Black & Gold today; in space no less!

I need a second to think about this....

She fit the color scheme perfectly lol

RCO030_1629803953.jpg

Debating if this is another case of Vixen using 'Red Telepathy" or are the aliens using telepathy to communicate with Diana using Vixen...or is Vixen using the powers of the aliens to communicate with Diana?

This article says that Vixen is one of Earth's best diplomats: https://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-...mats-superman/

DC Reveals Which Heroes Are Earth's Best Diplomats (NOT Superman)

DC's Wonder Woman and Vixen make far better representatives of Earth than Superman, as shown in the latest issue of Wonder Woman: Black and Gold.

"Warning: contains major spoilers for Wonder Woman: Black and Gold #3!

Earth's heroes often go into space to face threats, including Superman, but DC has revealed that the Man of Steel isn't one of the best diplomats for the planet. Wonder Woman: Black and Gold #3 places two surprising heroes at the forefront of a galactic discussion. While the meeting is brief, the reasoning for including the selected heroes is solid and this partnership should happen more often.

Wonder Woman: Black and Gold is an anthology comic series that presents new stories involving Diana and other characters she has a tendency to work with or be influenced by, such as Etta Candy and her mother, Hippolyta. In the newest issue, Wonder Woman is summoned by Vixen - a superheroine who was introduced in 1981. Vixen has been on numerous super teams, but rarely gets the spotlight that some of DC's other heroes do.

Wonder Woman: Black and Gold #3 contains the story "Do No Harm", which has the creative team of Nnedi Okorafor, Jack T. Cole, and Rob Leigh. In this story, Vixen goes to space and proves that her powers can be used for more than they have been thus far. She contacts Wonder Woman, calling her into space after the appearance of a "miniature butterfly nebula" that is said to be harmless. This nebula is actually an alien entity that Wonder Woman must meet.

This issue reveals that Wonder Woman and Vixen are Earth's best diplomats thanks to their abilities. While Superman may go to space more often, he doesn't have the powers or upbringing that these two superheroines do. Sometimes, it's good to spread around the workload, since the Man of Steel certainly has enough surface-side issues on the planet to deal with at times. Initially, Vixen seems like a strange choice to go into space. After all, her powers are based on the "morphogenic field" and are usually manifested by replicating the abilities of Earth's animals. However, this doesn't mean she's always going to be limited by this or that she can't go off-world, since she has before. This story shows she can go into space safely without a spacesuit using a microscopic animal known as a tardigrade. Additionally, she was specifically chosen by a visiting group of aliens due to her connection to animals - otherwise known as "non-humans". Vixen's compassion makes her capable of communicating openly and honestly with non-humans.

Similarly, Wonder Woman was also summoned for her values and expression of them. The Amazonian warrior values truth and has sought to spread its importance throughout her history. This is a valuable trait for diplomacy since she doesn't seek personal gain or advantage over others. She's honest and compassionate in a similar way to Vixen, though it manifests differently. Diana has already been seen in diplomatic ventures on Earth, since she comes into the world of man from Themyscira, bridging both in her own way. Wonder Woman has experience building bridges, making her a perfect candidate for galactic diplomacy efforts, such as the one present in this issue.

Though they haven't been used in this capacity with great frequency, Vixen and Wonder Woman would make an excellent diplomatic team. Their abilities allow them to communicate honestly and openly, as well as being protective of any discussions that could turn sour. They have the strength and determination to excel. Neither would put themselves over the beings they would communicate with. Vixen and Wonder Woman would be DC's best pair of intergalactic diplomats - even though Superman and Green Lantern are often the ones thrown out to the far reaches of space."

I'm cool with Mari as a diplomate.

She’s been portrayed as a sort of cultural ambassador for her home country no? I’d say that’s a good description of her role.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I need a second to think about this....
    It looks like there might be some alien animals mixed in with the other aliens. In the panel where Vixen says "You can't punch issues like climate change...", it looks like there is some dinosaur-like creature on the far left.