Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Truth and Justice was so good why wont anyone write her

I really like the parallel of Diana and Vixen both being ambassadors.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Attachment 113035

Debating if this is another case of Vixen using 'Red Telepathy" or are the aliens using telepathy to communicate with Diana using Vixen...or is Vixen using the powers of the aliens to communicate with Diana?
    Can Vixen understand animals without channeling the totem? The aliens could be a part of the 'red' so Vixen can understand them and thus communicate their words to Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I really like the parallel of Diana and Vixen both being ambassadors.

Can Vixen understand animals without channeling the totem? The aliens could be a part of the 'red' so Vixen can understand them and thus communicate their words to Diana.
    Her ability to channel the powers of animals is innate. So I wouldn't be shocked to find out she can talk to animals without the totem.
    RCO017_1610742500 (1).jpg
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Looking back. JLU did a pretty good job on Vixen, really showcasing her abilities. Though, not allowing her to fly pissed me off at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Truth and Justice was so good why wont anyone write her
    Chris and I REALLy want to continue what we started but i don't think the sales were good enough to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Chris and I REALLy want to continue what we started but i don't think the sales were good enough to justify it.
    That's really sad to hear, Redjack. I really enjoyed the book and the new takes on the Global Guardians. The new bird-crotch costume was the only downside to me.
    I wish DC had promoted the book better and didn't cut the pages in half for their digital format.
    I still hope you get to continue your Vixen stories.

Incredible Member

Sales should be no problem since from what I have read recently the Batman comics family that DC publishes supplements lower selling titles. Vixen is long overdue for a good 6 issue mini-series or an ongoing just to put it out there in book stores. Ideally it will focus on just one aspect of her mimicing powers. I would like to see a mini-series around her mimicing the Devil Worm which can bury itself further underground than anything on Earth. Worms use a microscopic antenna to navigate underground. That would make a good visual. Also since the word totem means a Kinship group her powers could easily be shared with others similar to the speed force. So new supporting characters for Vixen in her social group like her best friend or co-workers could possibly share her powers. Ideally a new ongoing will have Vixen interacting with a wide range of supporting characters.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Looking back. JLU did a pretty good job on Vixen, really showcasing her abilities. Though, not allowing her to fly pissed me off at first.
    JLU made me a Vixen stan for life. Loved everything about her character and her fight scenes were fun.

JLU did the best job in showcasing her feats, imo.

What are her best feats in the comics aside from Truth & Justice?

I really hope you do get a chance to continue what you're doing.

How will Vixen attract a fanbase if DC doesn't build her up first?

Incredible Member

Now would be a perfect time for Thorne to do a Vixen mini-series since he's on a high profile Green Lantern run. But it's sad. She should of had a Grant Morrison mini-series or ongoing from the 90s or 2000s. But it seems that Grant (even though they created President Superman) and quite a few others like Fabok and Hitch just do not want to touch Black Superheroes simply because they are Black. Priest has stated flat out that he will never do another black solo Superhero. And the Milestone people have never done anything with Cyborg, Vixen, Black Lightning etc.. So they should let Thorne do a Vixen ongoing since he is willing.

But now it's time to take some kind of action. The Doom Patrol tv is premiering soon and we should all create some kind of twitter hashtag to call out Grant Morrison and others who refuse to create stories, mini-series and ongoings with black Superheroes. I'm sure when Sept. 23 comes around Doom Patrol will be trending since that's when it will premiere. It would be a great time to call out this bias against Black Superheroes simply because they're Black.

Sigh, at least you gave us a great story. Thanks for that.

Pre52, she used the power of the Red to create 1/3 of a universe. Current 52, she used the strength of a Whale to push a submarine off its course.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-10-2021 at 11:15 AM.

I think the best place for her would be only something like JLD. Bump off Constantine or Etrigan and have her on the team. It would keep her visible until they can launch an ongoing.

Then again, we've had Zee on the JLD for 10+ years with still no ongoing in sight.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I think the best place for her would be only something like JLD. Bump off Constantine or Etrigan and have her on the team. It would keep her visible until they can launch an ongoing.

Then again, we've had Zee on the JLD for 10+ years with still no ongoing in sight.
    I agree with this. Characters have to be visible to sustain a book. Shelving a character for many years then expecting them to sell is ridiculous.

There was that time Vixen smashed a hole through Amazo using the diving speed of a falcon combined with the weight of a triceratops.

Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Her first appearance is a huge testament to how her powers work. Superman has never felt the power of a bull elephant but the fact that he says that means Mari actually hit him really hard.