Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

I enjoyed Vixen’s story in the anthology!
    Always down for a Wonder Woman and Vixen team-up .

Incredible Member

She should be a main player on the Justice League roster now since John Stewart is off in deep space. I guess it's a numbers game with Naomi on the team. But it's sad that they still (probably) look at the color of a person's skin. But hopefully it's just an unconsciousness bias and not something overt.

I don't think they need John to be off planet or Naomi to be off the team to have Mari in the Justice League. It's not like we haven't seen more than 2 black characters on the team before. They just don't seem to want her there. Same reason Cyborg isn't on the roster anymore, they clearly don't want him there. Maybe it's indeed about numbers or it could be about power levels too, rather than about color.

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    She should be a main player on the Justice League roster now since John Stewart is off in deep space. I guess it's a numbers game with Naomi on the team. But it's sad that they still (probably) look at the color of a person's skin. But hopefully it's just an unconsciousness bias and not something overt.
    From what I've read, Naomi is left the team.

Not saying that the reason Vixen should be placed on the team.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I enjoyed Vixen’s story in the anthology!
    Wasn't sure if the comic was implying that Vixen couldn't hear what the animal/children were saying (she can) or informing us that Diana could also talk to animals

So Vixen will be getting a guest appearance in stuff like the Harley Quinn animated comic tie-in (where she’s operating out of Detroit):
    Of all the ways discussed about visualizing which animal Mari is channeling, I don’t think I’ve seen the tattoo like skin pattern mirroring before. That could be interesting in some cases.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I don't mind her having tattoos but tattoos that transforms into whichever animal she's channeling? I'm not feeling it.

Feels a bit too close to Tattooed Man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't mind her having tattoos but tattoos that transforms into whichever animal she's channeling? I'm not feeling it.

Feels a bit too close to Tattooed Man.
    An G list character that goes unused,

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Wasn't sure if the comic was implying that Vixen couldn't hear what the animal/children were saying (she can) or informing us that Diana could also talk to animals
    Yeah, I also got the impression that the writer of the story thinks Vixen can't communicate with animals and needed Wonder Woman to play interpreter for her. Vixen's line to Wonder Woman about "I'm glad you're here" or something to that effect made it seem like Vixen needed Wonder Woman's animal translation skills.

Between that and Vixen's line to Batman in a "Justice League Action" episode from a few years ago where she said "Batman, I could sure use you out here" makes her out to be a superheroine who is incapable of getting stuff done on her own. Then Batman said "I'm working on an antidote. But I've sent backup." Guess who the backup turned out to be? Superman.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 10-08-2021 at 04:21 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Of all the ways discussed about visualizing which animal Mari is channeling, I don’t think I’ve seen the tattoo like skin pattern mirroring before. That could be interesting in some cases.
    This pic is giving me a lot of Stud energy...

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Yeah, I also got the impression that the writer of the story thinks Vixen can't communicate with animals and needed Wonder Woman to play interpreter for her. Vixen's line to Wonder Woman about "I'm glad you're here" or something to that effect made it seem like Vixen needed Wonder Woman's animal translation skills.

Between that and Vixen's line to Batman in a "Justice League Action" episode from a few years ago where she said "Batman, I could sure use you out here" makes her out to be a superheroine who is incapable of getting stuff done on her own. Then Batman said "I'm working on an antidote. But I've sent backup." Guess who the backup turned out to be? Superman.
    Truthfully, I really didn't see why Diana was needed for the story. Mari could have handled the adventure by herself.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 10-09-2021 at 07:33 AM.

There need some deeper exploration of Diana and Mari's ability to talk to animals. Maybe Diana can communicate or understand multiple animals at once while Mari only understands whichever animal she is channeling at the time? Or Mari has deeper understanding of animals while Diana only has surface level understanding? Or Mari has bonded better with certain animals than Diana has so they trust the former more than the latter.

There need some deeper exploration of Diana and Mari's ability to talk to animals. Maybe Diana can communicate or understand multiple animals at once while Mari only understands whichever animal she is channeling at the time? Or Mari has deeper understanding of animals while Diana only has surface level understanding? Or Mari has bonded better with certain animals than Diana has so they trust the former more than the latter.
    Mari can understand and communicate with multiple animals at the same time, even without mimicking their abilities. Plus Mari is an Animal Master, just like Animal Man. Whatever Wonder Woman can do with animals, Mari can do as well and most likely even better.

Vixen talking to animals.jpg
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 10-09-2021 at 08:37 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Good point. So they both can communicate but Vixen would be more proficient at it than Diana.

Incredible Member

Good point. So they both can communicate but Vixen would be more proficient at it than Diana.
    Diana has the power of communion with animals. I interpret that as sort of an empathic link with animals that allows her to understand them and them to understand her. She's used this before in fights with Silver Swan where she had birds fly into her face and block her eyesight.

Obviously, since Mari's whole shtick is channeling the abilities of animals, she shouldn't be restricted to just communicating with them, which seems to be what Diana can do. I don't think Diana has telepathy like Arthur where he basically forces aquatic life to do as he says. I think Diana's is more of an "asking" for assistance and understanding them, not a "forcing", if that makes sense.

Mari should be able to do that and more though, since it's her central conceit.

Again, while I didn't dislike the story, Mari always seems to be connected to the Red/Animals to the point she can sense them without trying.
    RCO022.jpg
    RCO019_1584479338.jpg
    RCO013_1468937572.jpg