Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Characters that control fundamental forces of nature(elements plant etc) seem rather basic on a surface level, but when you actually think about what they are capable of their abilities are actually quite vast. A good example of this are benders in Avatar the last air bender. Characters with terra-kinesics( earth benders) can move rocks around but they can also manipulate metal. Most elemental characters are like that. Vixen and Animal man are essentially animal elementals and are similar in that regard.
    The same could apply if you're channeling the power of one animal as opposed to one animal. Even a single animal possesses multiple capabilities.

If you take Cheetah for instance, if her powers are truly the equivalent of Cheetahs then she would have enhanced senses (taste, smell, hearing, eyesight), able to run at super speed, leap several stories and whatever power that could come from being gifted power by a Plant God.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The same could apply if you're channeling the power of one animal as opposed to one animal. Even a single animal possesses multiple capabilities.

If you take Cheetah for instance, if her powers are truly the equivalent of Cheetahs then she would have enhanced senses (taste, smell, hearing, eyesight), able to run at super speed, leap several stories and whatever power that could come from being gifted power by a Plant God.
    Yeah but her powers pretty much all amount to be being really good at being a humanoid cat person. Vixen can do everything Cheetah can do plus she can generate electricity(eel), fly (any bird or flying animal) possibly poison someone (snake) etc.

I just feel elemental characters like Terra, and Killer Frost or poison Ivy Are much more in her wheel house both power and theme wise then characters that merely take one of her abilities and does it as well as she does.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Yeah but her powers pretty much all amount to be being really good at being a humanoid cat person. Vixen can do everything Cheetah can do plus she can generate electricity(eel), fly (any bird or flying animal) possibly poison someone (snake) etc.

I just feel elemental characters like Terra, and Killer Frost or poison Ivy Are much more in her wheel house both power and theme wise then characters that merely take one of her abilities and does it as well as she does.
    Personally, I hate the cat analogy, she so much more than that but that's for another discussion.

One of things I like about Vixen is her adaptability. If you think about it, her powers allow her to fight in any situation. Meaning, she can fight Beast types, elementals and even Kryptonian level threats with the right abilities.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 10-28-2021 at 05:16 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Yeah, we need variety. It would be boring if she only fights Beast types or only fights Elemental types. And whether a confrontation is boring really comes down to who is writing and drawing it.

Not sure how I feel about that Harley Quinn issue...mostly because I'm not sure if this fits into the real DCU.

I kept getting a gay vibe from Vixen and wasn't sure what was going on with the girl and the giraffe image in the car. The stuff with the animals appearomg at the end was a head scratcher, big time

Her immunity to Poison Ivy's poison breath was interesting and her Mister Fantastic/Plastic Man stretching ability was cute.

RCO021_1635894492.jpg

Overall 2.5 Claw marks
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 11-03-2021 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Not sure how I feel about that Harley Quinn issue...mostly because I'm not sure if this fits into the real DCU.

I kept getting a gay vibe from Vixen and wasn't sure what was going on with the girl and the giraffe image in the car. The stuff with the animals appears at the end was a head scratch

er, big time

Her immunity to Poison Ivy's poison breath was interesting and her Mister Fantastic/Plastic Man stretching ability was cute.

RCO021_1635894492.jpg

Overall 2.5 Claw marks
    I also got that vibe with that person (Mari's agent?). Wasn't quite sure what was going on there.

I'm glad Mari didn't job to Ivy and Harley though.

This reminds me of that "Bombshells" series a few years back, where most or all of the females that appeared (including Vixen) were lesbians, for some reason. That was the series where Vixen was the Queen of Zambesi.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    This reminds me of that "Bombshells" series a few years back, where most or all of the females that appeared (including Vixen) were lesbians, for some reason. That was the series where Vixen was the Queen of Zambesi.
    Oh yeah, that was a thing .

This issue made me think about Vixen's shape-shifting abilities.

Should she be able to fully transform into animal or partially shape her body (claws, fangs and stretching etc...) or should she surrender herself in an energy constructions?

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    This issue made me think about Vixen's shape-shifting abilities.

Should she be able to fully transform into animal or partially shape her body (claws, fangs and stretching etc...) or should she surrender herself in an energy constructions?
    Being an Animal Master, she should be able to do ALL of that, especially since she is only limited by her imagination and what she thinks she can do, as pointed out by Batman one time. One day she might decide to do energy constructions, and another day she might just decide to fully transform herself into an animal or partially do it, maybe to frighten her enemies.

I also think she should be able to control whether she wants people to see her animal energy constructions or not, especially when she is in a fight because it wouldn't be a good battle strategy to let the enemy know what animal she is mimicking. But if she is trying to intimidate someone, she might purposely let them see the energy construction of a dangerous animal.

What I do wonder is, if she mimics a dragon (which she has done before in canon), could she grow in size to be as large as a dragon, if she wanted to, being an Animal Master? Who knows, maybe she'll have to face off against Giganta one day...
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 11-05-2021 at 04:59 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

I like the energy constructs. Especially with how it was done for the Truth and Justice portion of Vixen's story.

It sets her apart from other animal shape shifters like Beast Boy and is definitely visually better than Animal Mans.

Lol, she like a Wolverine and Green Lantern love child.

Extraordinary Member

So going by the writer Tee Franklin, Mari’s officially bisexual now. Not just Harley Quinn cartoon.