Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I know, I should have been
    More specific. Aja was the only dirty of animals I could find from any African pantheon. Also Where is vixen from exactly?
    The fictional country of Zambezi.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Likewise, I would have preferred a continuation of Mari's story in LEGENDS with a recast actress if the original would not return. However I suppose Megalyn Echikunwoke has enough clout in Hollywood that they would want to leave the door open to luring her back as Vixen down the line.
    I like the pic but her face is so blah....
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I know, I should have been
    More specific. Aja was the only dirty of animals I could find from any African pantheon. Also Where is vixen from exactly?
    no biggie, just a friendly reminder. I just try to make a point of reminding people to specify with African culture whenever I can.

she was originally from Ghana IIRC but nowadays she's from Zambesi, which is fictional, but it's most commonly presented as a West African nation. I think culturally they tend to pull from Akan mythology for Vixen/Zambesi but I wouldn't be surprised if there has been elements of Yoruba culture in there too (i know Throne may have referenced some or one of the Orishas in his Truth & Justice story). I don't know of too many Animal deities in African mythology (tbh I'm most familiar with my own culture's pantheon and mythology) so when I thinking of patron gods for Vixen I usually look into earth mother type deities because they tend to play significant roles in producing life/lifeforms. Aja could actually be a good fit considering Akan and Yoruba cultures originate from the same region (West Africa along with Zambesi), and neighboring African cultures do tend to spill over into each other in some areas. Anansi tales are from Ghana but I know shades of his tales and similar iconography have reached as far as my people in Igboland in southeast Nigeria. Zambesi pulling from both Akan and Yoruba wouldn't be too much if a stretch.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

You can taken an American Gods approach to it: the people migrated and brought their Gods with them to new lands. Only this time, it was within the African continent.

Here's a sneak peek at Vixen & The Superpets in the "The Siphoning" story in the 'Tis the Season to be Freezin' anthology book due to be released next week (Tuesday, December 14th):

https://screenrant.com/dc-comics-tis...iew-dc-comics/
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Looks good! Makes me wish for an ongoing even more now.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Here's a sneak peek at Vixen & The Superpets in the "The Siphoning" story in the 'Tis the Season to be Freezin' anthology book due to be released next week (Tuesday, December 14th):

https://screenrant.com/dc-comics-tis...iew-dc-comics/
    Feel slightly disappointed here but I read the whole story before I pass my final judgment.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Likewise, I would have preferred a continuation of Mari's story in LEGENDS with a recast actress if the original would not return. However I suppose Megalyn Echikunwoke has enough clout in Hollywood that they would want to leave the door open to luring her back as Vixen down the line.
    She doesnt have any clout in Hollywood for such a thing lol. Just so happens that the team that was around during her creation werent fans of recasting so they rather just throw a character away.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    She doesnt have any clout in Hollywood for such a thing lol. Just so happens that the team that was around during her creation werent fans of recasting so they rather just throw a character away.
    LOL, I was sitting here wondering what she did to get that kind of power...cause I didn't know who she was until the Vixen animate series.

Extraordinary Member

why didnt I know she could talk to animals

Don't feel bad, it seems the writer of Wonder Woman Black and Gold might not know either.

Attachment 115817

Attachment 115818

Probably because writers very rarely show her doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Feel slightly disappointed here but I read the whole story before I pass my final judgment.
    The story as written (and illustrated) didn't really do anything for me. Vixen hanging out with the Super Pets has/had potential, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    The story as written (and illustrated) didn't really do anything for me. Vixen hanging out with the Super Pets has/had potential, though.
    This was somewhat disappointing, while it had a couple of bright spots it was overall a lot of missed opportunity.

Good:
    Vixen having a relationship and personal life outside of modeling and the JLA.
    Anansi warning Vixen. I like the idea of them having a connection outside of he powers
    Vixen using Topo's telepathy to communicate and undo the
    Vixen using her connection to the Red/Life to restore life/heal to Flex

Bad:
    The story didn't flow very well and I felt like it needed destruction boxes to explain what was going on
    I'm not sure what power belonged to what pet...hell, I didn't know hale of them or their abilities. Is there a Green Lantern pet?.
    My biggest "WTH", Mari doesn't use the abilities of any other super-pet...even though she is aware of Krypto, Sparky and Beppo

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    This was somewhat disappointing, while it had a couple of bright spots it was overall a lot of missed opportunity.

Good:
    Vixen having a relationship and personal life outside of modeling and the JLA.
    Anansi warning Vixen. I like the idea of them having a connection outside of he powers
    Vixen using Topo's telepathy to communicate and undo the
    Vixen using her connection to the Red/Life to restore life/heal to Flex

Bad:
    The story didn't flow very well and I felt like it needed destruction boxes to explain what was going on
    I'm not sure what power belonged to what pet...hell, I didn't know hale of them or their abilities. Is there a Green Lantern pet?.
    My biggest "WTH", Mari doesn't use the abilities of any other super-pet...even though she is aware of Krypto, Sparky and Beppo
    I'm not sure of any Green Lantern pets, but there is that squirrel-like creature who IS a Green Lantern (his name is Ch'p):

squirrel.JPG

From what I can tell, Krypto the super dog, Beppo the super monkey and Streaky the super cat all have the exact same powers of Superman...just maybe on a lesser level or something. I was hoping at least ONE of them can teleport, but no such luck. And I have no idea what powers the bird has.