Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I'm not sure of any Green Lantern pets, but there is that squirrel-like creature who IS a Green Lantern (his name is Ch'p):

Attachment 116289

From what I can tell, Krypto the super dog, Beppo the super monkey and Streaky the super cat all have the exact same powers of Superman...just maybe on a lesser level or something. I was hoping at least ONE of them can teleport, but no such luck. And I have no idea what powers the bird has.
    From what I can gather, the bird had Plastic Man's powers and the Octopus has Aquaman's abilities.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    From what I can gather, the bird had Plastic Man's powers and the Octopus has Aquaman's abilities.
    Oh, ok. Those facts went completely over my head while I was reading the story.

There's an article on CBR that says if the Penguin had absorbed the powers of all the super pets in that story, he would have been a Justice League-level threat. So basically if Vixen had done the exact same thing...that would have been awesome.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 12-15-2021 at 04:54 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Oh, ok. Those facts went completely over my head while I was reading the story.

There's an article on CBR that says if the Penguin had absorbed the powers of all the super pets in that story, he would have been a Justice League-level threat. So basically if Vixen had done the exact same thing...that would have been awesome.
    Again, wasted opportunity.

BANNED

A lot of style influences Mari should take from Whitney, IMO, lol

I can actually see Mari singing this...plus it's a run down on fashion and I tjink Mari would rock this BoB haircut at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    A lot of style influences Mari should take from Whitney, IMO, lol

I wish we got a Vixen issue of "The Other History of the DC Universe" how she was perceived by the other Black heroes was interesting.

But so much material: JLD, her backstory, being a supermodel during the 80s/90s era, and capping off her appearance in "Justice League of America".

I wish 'Other History' had been an ongoing thing. The title made me more interested in comic book version of Bumblebee and Mal Duncan in a way that I wasn't before. Would have loved to see what writers could have done with other heroes like Amazing Man, Vixen and Steel.

Some highlights from Tis the Season of Freezing

Large Scale Energy Construction
    thumbnail (2).jpg

Telepath communication and manipulation
    thumbnail.jpg

Heal/Reviving
    thumbnail (1).jpg

Kind of surprised than everybody overlooked this:

"Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post

Not gonna get to excited. DC been letting me down lately.

I like the costume (and the hair) but I’m not sure it’s anything except a nice piece of art. They’re pushing WW hard right now however, so it would be cool if Diana got a female team like how Batman has the Outsiders and Superman has the Authority
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I like the costume (and the hair) but I’m not sure it’s anything except a nice piece of art. They’re pushing WW hard right now however, so it would be cool if Diana got a female team like how Batman has the Outsiders and Superman has the Authority
    If she got a team I’d replace Jo with Jessica and Batgirl with Black Canary, add in Mera and Katana and it’s perfect!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Would be happy to see Mari in something but I don't love that costume. It's just way too busy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I wish 'Other History' had been an ongoing thing. The title made me more interested in comic book version of Bumblebee and Mal Duncan in a way that I wasn't before. Would have loved to see what writers could have done with other heroes like Amazing Man, Vixen and Steel.
    The first two issues were my favorite. I really don't give a s**t about Black Lightning's daugher(s). I thought that Mal's and Karen's story was spot on. It's a shame they fell into disuse in the late 70s, but that was the DC Implosion. Marv Wolfman eventually did a little with them, but should have kept Mal as Guardian. Herald/Hornblower was a mistake that should have been retconned.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would be happy to see Mari in something but I don't love that costume. It's just way too busy.
    It's a mess!