Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Man I love this variant cover:

God I wish we could get more Vixen art from Jamaal Campbell or Ivan Reis, love their Vixens.
    Sweet, I'm getting a "Cat People" vibe from this cover.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

What power boost did Vixen gey to be single out? I'm like there a Martian right there...if anything she should be in there with Shazam. Truthfully, I'm all for vixen using her powers to hang with Cap.

RCO005_1613499130.jpg
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

she doesn't need a power boost. She's already in SHAZAM, Wonder Woman, Kal El battle class. Writers just never thought her powers through to their logical end.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    she doesn't need a power boost. She's already in SHAZAM, Wonder Woman, Kal El battle class. Writers just never thought her powers through to their logical end.
    True, some people lack the ability to think outside the box as they say.

Again love your work but even if you proportionally increase her powers according to her height and weight. She is not moving the moon, flying at or faster than the speed of light with any abilities gained from Earth's animals. Her 30+ years in comics doesn't support this.

Strength wise she can lift 11,023 tons. Pound-for-pound, the strongest organism ever is the gonorrhea bacterium. These tiny creatures can pull with a force equal to 100,000 times their body weight – as though a human could drag 10 million kilos.

And thanks to you we now know, with the proportions speed of a horsefly she fly over Mach 5

Now with that said, her powers are magical...and magic doesn't follow the rules of the universe. So if you or another writer decides she can solo Superman, Wonder Woman or Shazam...I'm all for it.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-16-2021 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Again love your work but even if you proportionally increase her powers according to her height and weight. She is not moving the moon, flying at or faster than the speed of light with any abilities gained from Earth's animals. Her 30+ years in comics doesn't support this.

Now with that said, her powers are magical...and magic doesn't follow the rules of the universe. So if you or another writer decides she can solo Superman, Wonder Woman or Shazam...I'm all for it.
    Moving the moon is stupid and defies even the nonsense laws of physics we use in comics.

Vixen can, theoretically, stack up as much strength and invulnerability as she needs and she has no Kryptonite weakness. No, she can't move at or even near light speed but neither can Wonder Woman. She's an omega level tank. No question.

This is entirely supported by her history in comics. It's not my fault if nobody else thought to use her powers the way they've always been described.

Moving the moon is stupid and defies even the nonsense laws of physics we use in comics.
    I'm not gonna agree or disagree with that statement..Though in retrospect it's not as bad as Superman moving a solar system or Wonder Woman pulling a star with her lasso. Lol

Vixen can, theoretically, stack up as much strength and invulnerability as she needs and she has no Kryptonite weakness.
    Like I said in my previous post, she can potentially lift/pull 11,023 tons with the strength of gonorrhea...meaning she can throw the Eiffel Tower (10,000 tons). I'm cool with her not being able to move celestial bodies. Hell, 11,000 tons is more then most of Marvel's big guns can do.

No, she can't move at or even near light speed but neither can Wonder Woman.
    Pre52 Wonder Woman was a light speedster (IIRC, Shatter God storyline) but now I'm not sure.

She's an omega level tank. No question.
    I'm cool with that.

This is entirely supported by her history in comics. It's not my fault if nobody else thought to use her powers the way they've always been described.
    I blame it on writers who try to limit her into a feral/female Wolverine type.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-17-2021 at 05:30 AM.

Vixen can, theoretically, stack up as much strength and invulnerability as she needs and she has no Kryptonite weakness. No, she can't move at or even near light speed but neither can Wonder Woman. She's an omega level tank. No question.

Checked out vixen today. I liked it. It was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Checked out vixen today. I liked it. It was pretty good.
    Hey, THANKS!

Hey, THANKS!
    It was indeed a great read. I'll give it a 3.5 out of 5 stars*, great stuff. You should be proud.

*(Keep in mind, I seldom give out a 4 or above: Death & Return of Superman and Kraven's Last Hunt are my only 5s).

Read the Vixen story in T&J last night and loved it. Impala was really cool too. I'd love to see a GGI series or at least a one-shot or follow-up in this title. Never actually been interested in that group until this story.

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    Read the Vixen story in T&J last night and loved it. Impala was really cool too. I'd love to see a GGI series or at least a one-shot or follow-up in this title. Never actually been interested in that group until this story.
    it is my mission in life to make the Global Guardians relevant. Vixen was ALREADY cool. Cross just made sure the world got another look at her.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

Strength wise she can lift 11,023 tons. Pound-for-pound, the strongest organism ever is the gonorrhea bacterium. These tiny creatures can pull with a force equal to 100,000 times their body weight – as though a human could drag 10 million kilos.

And thanks to you we now know, with the proportions speed of a horsefly she fly over Mach 5

Her ability isn't about raw power. She's not the most physically powerful hero. But she is one of the most versatile Superheroes. She has strength, speed, durability, flight, but she also has healing abilities, electrical attacks, immortality, numerous poison, and chemical abilities, and resistances. and that's just me thinking off the top of my head without really doing any research into more obscure animal abilities. In fact, Vixen and other animal mimics might have the broadest set of abilities of all superheroes. they essentially have every power but shapeshifting (though octopuses come very close to being shapeshifters) and telepathy/telekinesis.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Her ability isn't about raw power. She's not the most physically powerful hero. But she is one of the most versatile Superheroes. She has strength, speed, durability, flight, but she also has healing abilities, electrical attacks, immortality, numerous poison, and chemical abilities, and resistances. and that's just me thinking off the top of my head without really doing any research into more obscure animal abilities. In fact, Vixen and other animal mimics might have the broadest set of abilities of all superheroes. they essentially have every power but shapeshifting (though octopuses come very close to being shapeshifters) and telepathy/telekinesis.
    Unlike other animal mimics, Mari is NOT limited to one at a time or one species at a time. She can stack abilities and, so far, I haven't seen an upper limit on that.

It's not a stretch to put her in the top tank class. it's weird no one has thought to do it before.