Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

This thread so quiet now with no ongoing.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I imagine we'll get an announcement soon, they'll probably want a new no1 issue on shelves by the time the show comes out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I find bringing a topic or a question to these threads help keep up there.

Quote Originally Posted by dang0 View Post
    I imagine we'll get an announcement soon, they'll probably want a new no1 issue on shelves by the time the show comes out.
    Hope so, but then again, FatWS, Wanda and Loki have no series and the closest one is Moon Knight whose show isn't till next year.

But Marvel gave us 4 new pointless minis.

Wanda will have something soon, though it's long overdue, Bleeding Cool just said the Darkhold TPB is now due in February 2022. It was originally meant to coincide with WandaVision. It's seven issues, so unless it's weekly it should be in the September solicits?

At least Kamala still has Champions. Wanda isn't currently an Avenger, so all she's getting is cameos lately.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-01-2021 at 11:39 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by dang0 View Post
    I hope! But I mean I’ll believe it when I see it.

https://ew.com/books/ms-marvel-comic...395a00019cc0e8

5 Issue Mini by Samira Ahmed and Andrés Genolet coming September

Astonishing Member

The artist will work really well for her I believe. I hope this book does good and the author will be staying on for a full series. Also will find it stupid if retconning her not being Inhuman, because they are not a focus.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post

What's the costume on the right of Stormranger? It looks new and has longer sleeves.

So we're getting a YA author with the same last name as the last writer. Interesting.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    The artist will work really well for her I believe. I hope this book does good and the author will be staying on for a full series. Also will find it stupid if retconning her not being Inhuman, because they are not a focus.
    The quote from the writer was basically, "Her getting her powers from Terrigenisis was a dream, and she actually developed them another way that you'll find out in this story." She might have gotten it from her bracelet or maybe they are going to make her a mutant. I'm pretty sure the Disney Plus show is retconning it and they're catching up in the comics. I don't get how the same people who found Wanda and Pietro's retcon petty are hoping for this to happen. It's hypocrite. Hopefully she'll be well written.

I’m excited. We will see if I regret that excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What's the costume on the right of Stormranger? It looks new and has longer sleeves.

So we're getting a YA author with the same last name as the last writer. Interesting.
    I think that's the TV costume, compare the shoulders. Makes me wonder if there's some multiverse stuff going on here. The article says they'll be exploring her powers, which were revealed at the end of Wilson's run to be molecular time travel based.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-17-2021 at 10:12 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

They are really exploring the origin of her powers instead of looking for interesting stories to tell about Kamala. Saladin already started with the Destined One, the Sword Of Saffa and now I'm seeing another writer wanting to erase her being an Inhuman. I'm getting bored with this crutch every writer since Willow seemed to be falling in to - I hope something changes soon or I'm going to forget this title even exists.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post

Kinda sad to see Kamala getting demoted to the synergy miniseries treatment when she had an ongoing for 6/7 years straight. I guess not everyone can be Spider-Man or Batman and have perpetually high enough sales to always assure an ongoing book. It's gonna be weird not having her in a comic every month for the foreseeable future, though.

And yeah, I know she's in Champions too... but I'm not confident that book's gonna last very long. If Kamala couldn't hold an ongoing, I'm not sure Champions will when they've already been cancelled for low sales not long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The quote from the writer was basically, "Her getting her powers from Terrigenisis was a dream, and she actually developed them another way that you'll find out in this story." She might have gotten it from her bracelet or maybe they are going to make her a mutant. I'm pretty sure the Disney Plus show is retconning it and they're catching up in the comics. I don't get how the same people who found Wanda and Pietro's retcon petty are hoping for this to happen. It's hypocrite. Hopefully she'll be well written.
    All the writer said is that there will be questions about the source of her powers. That could mean a lot of things, not necessarily a retcon. I understand the concern, specially after the America Chavez mini and the massive retcon they did that seemed to be hated by most fans, but... I think Kamala is different from America in many ways. For one, she hasn't been ''broken'' before to the point where she needs to be fixed as a character. She's been doing well as she is, so I'm not entirely sure Marvel feels the need to change her.

Champions has never actually been cancelled, only put on hiatus. When Jim Zub was taken off the book, Eve Ewing was immediately assigned it. The book took a few months off, with the Outlawed one-shot intended to relaunch it in March last year. It's only because of COVID that Champions ended up taking so long off. And remember, they let Zub do the Champs' Heroes Reborn tie-in Young Squadron. Would they have done that if his run was considered a failure?

As for Kamala's origin, synergy retcons are a bad idea, as Captain Marvel showed. They should wait until the show is out before considering that.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-17-2021 at 02:26 PM.