Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm thinking to myself that Ahmed's run will probably be remembered for being okay but nowhere near the height of the original run.

I guess we can thank him for a new suit, Kamala and Bruno's first kiss, and her parents not knowing her identity (whether you like it or not).
    Yep. That’s about right.

Pensioners celebrating getting the COVID jabs, dressed as superheroes. I wonder if the lady on the right actually knows who she's dressed as? Kamala must be less well known than the rest of these.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/..._super_heroes/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Amulet's involvement really felt like Ahmed wrote himself into a corner and needed to resort to Deus Ex Machina to get Kamala out of trouble. Odds are he and Stormranger will never be heard from again once the new writer is picked, so... whatever.

What really irks me is how Kamala just laughs off Zoe betraying her to Dugan last issue and never speaks of it again. I mean, she may have meant well, but it still put a lot of people at risk as a result.
    Yeah, that's a good point there. You'd think she'd take that more personally, given how heavy-handed C.R.A.D.L.E.'s tactics and methods have been toward "underaged vigilantes" and those supporting them.

I'm thinking to myself that Ahmed's run will probably be remembered for being okay but nowhere near the height of the original run.

I guess we can thank him for a new suit, Kamala and Bruno's first kiss, and her parents not knowing her identity (whether you like it or not).
    The last one pisses me off, honestly. Just pointless.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The last one pisses me off, honestly. Just pointless.
    I can at least understand it with her dad to some extent because it didn't seem like he had firmly accepted it and might still have wanted her to stop when they came back, but that's just my take.

I can at least understand it with her dad to some extent because it didn't seem like he had firmly accepted it and might still have wanted her to stop when they came back, but that's just my take.
    It would've provided an interesting bit of conflict between Kamala and her family that wouldn't have necessarily been stereotypical, and I could see him being more willing to tolerate, if not accept, her activities as Ms. Marvel after realizing how much it meant to her and how much good she'd done. Wiping her parents' memories clean of her secret identity removed the chance for them to grow as characters in relation to Kamala, which I thought was a shame.

Extraordinary Member

Well if they didn’t forbid her before, they definitely would have after Kamala’s Law and Outlawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Well if they didn’t forbid her before, they definitely would have after Kamala’s Law and Outlawed.
    That's an interesting point. How would they have reacted to what happened to Kamala in the beginning of Outlawed if they'd known who she was?

That's an interesting point. How would they have reacted to what happened to Kamala in the beginning of Outlawed if they'd known who she was?
    That's probably why Ahmed mind-wiped them to begin with, having caught wind of the event from his higher-ups.

Assuming it's only her mother that still keeps her memory of Kamala like it had been, she probably would try her hardest to keep her daughter's secret safe from the family and CRADLE, but she would definitely be giving Kamala an earful in private about it. Especially given how her father nearly died while she was away dealing with Mr. Hyde and Stormranger.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Uh, she's the one who told Kamala's father the truth. Seems she got fed up of lying to her husband.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That's probably why Ahmed mind-wiped them to begin with, having caught wind of the event from his higher-ups.

Assuming it's only her mother that still keeps her memory of Kamala like it had been, she probably would try her hardest to keep her daughter's secret safe from the family and CRADLE, but she would definitely be giving Kamala an earful in private about it. Especially given how her father nearly died while she was away dealing with Mr. Hyde and Stormranger.
    Fair point there.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Uh, she's the one who told Kamala's father the truth. Seems she got fed up of lying to her husband.
    Pretty much, yeah. I mean, one parent can't be hiding things about their child from the other parent. It doesn't work in the long run, at least not if both parents are supposed to look out for their child's best interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The whole thing was just Ahmed stomping all over a nice change of pace for a teen hero, though for a narrative excuse, I suspect her husband dying was what forced her to fess up. The real issue is that nothing was done to develop this, so the betrayal comes out of nowhere with no prior build-up.
    Last edited by Myetche; 03-06-2021 at 05:55 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

The whole thing was just Ahmed stomping all over a nice change of pace for a teen hero, though for a narrative excuse, I suspect her husband dying was what forced her to fess up. The real issue is that nothing was done to develop this, so the betrayal comes out of nowhere with no prior build-up.
    That does make sense, though I do agree with you that it was a nice change of pace for a teen hero to have supportive parents that knew about the double identity. Kind of like the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle at DC. And hell, I don't see why Kamala's parents had to not know anymore, but her friend Miles Morales, who was also (and still is) being written by Ahmed, got to keep his parents (and uncle) in the loop on his double identity.

So she was in the miles comic today. Of course Kamala’s fans have rose colored glasses on. But nothing happened that hinted towards anything romantic.

Bruno is named dropped and he’s still referred to as Kamala’s “Best Friend”. I didn’t like how Ahmed referred to the dating as “The Worst” or whatever but alas. He’s not in charge of Kamala anymore so.. maybe the next writer won’t think of it like that.

Extraordinary Member

I don’t see Kamala/Miles endgame at all. But I don’t mind them if they dated for a bit only to later decide to stay friends.

So Kamala can see how it is from the other side.

Astonishing Member

That does make sense, though I do agree with you that it was a nice change of pace for a teen hero to have supportive parents that knew about the double identity. Kind of like the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle at DC. And hell, I don't see why Kamala's parents had to not know anymore, but her friend Miles Morales, who was also (and still is) being written by Ahmed, got to keep his parents (and uncle) in the loop on his double identity.
    Maybe that is why he changed it, didn't want to be writing 2 with the same uniqueness. Although it does kind of ruin how the ANAD Trinity had their families know about it.