Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    As a huge X-men fan who is also a muslim and loves Kamala, I really resent this huge generalization of X-fans. X-men fans have issues with Inhumans, that's true. And it's for very obvious reasons, they WERE being downplayed in favor of the Inhumans, this is indisputable at this point. But X-men fans as a whole don't have an issue with Kamala, she's seen as one of the best ones, and like others have said, her identity as an Inhuman isn't super important compared to other Inhumans. I personally don't care if she stays an Inhuman, I love her character regardless and it feels awesome to see representation of a Pakistani superhero, that's more important to me. Would I prefer if she was a mutant? Yeah. But it doesn't matter to me either way.
    That does not Jedi hand wave the behavior we saw. That is a management issue.

its the inhuman angle people hate guarnnteed her sales would be much much better without the inhuman angle.
    Funny all the hate I saw for her was about her religion not her being an Inhuman that was never really mentioned as much in any of her runs.

Nobody set fire to her book for being Inhuman.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    As a huge X-men fan who is also a muslim and loves Kamala, I really resent this huge generalization of X-fans. X-men fans have issues with Inhumans, that's true. And it's for very obvious reasons, they WERE being downplayed in favor of the Inhumans, this is indisputable at this point. But X-men fans as a whole don't have an issue with Kamala, she's seen as one of the best ones, and like others have said, her identity as an Inhuman isn't super important compared to other Inhumans. I personally don't care if she stays an Inhuman, I love her character regardless and it feels awesome to see representation of a Pakistani superhero, that's more important to me. Would I prefer if she was a mutant? Yeah. But it doesn't matter to me either way.
    There are X-Men fans who say stuff like, "the only good inhuman is a dead inhuman" when talking about Kamala. I don't get how defending people's hate is helping. "We hate you all, but we'll make an exception for just you."

If you've followed the anti-inhuman sentiment online for the past years, you'd see a lot that hate her for being inhuman, some because they want to like her, but they can't because they feel like it's contributing to anything Inhumans.

I'm with Noek about Kamala's inhuman connection. It's a cool connection and has potential for interesting stories. Beyond the mutants or Thor's Norse Mythology, it's your best bet. Most of the MU Mythology beyond isn't that interesting on its own.

I remember Kamala getting more hate for being Muslim than being Inhuman. I was a big fan of the nuhuman era and thought it added more than it hurt. To me, they helped Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D finally be interesting.

Granted I didn't keep track of the online discussion because I didn't care that much.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-18-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm with Noek about Kamala's inhuman connection. It's a cool connection and has potential for interesting stories. Beyond the mutants or Thor's Norse Mythology, it's your best bet. Most of the MU Mythology beyond isn't that interesting on its own.

I remember Kamala getting more hate for being Muslim than being Inhuman. I was a big fan of the nuhuman era and thought it added more than it hurt. To me, they helped keep Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D interesting.

Granted I didn't keep track of the online discussion because I didn't care that much.
    THIS.

Moon Girl didn't get it for being an Inhuman.

Aside from Lockjaw showing up and meeting Royals-that first series ignore the Inhumans. She was one and that was it. No need to go into more detail.

As a Muslim fan I thought Kamala being Inhuman was a good way to parallel her upbringing without being on the nose about it.

You could do it with X-men but not as well. X-men reminded me of school while Attilan was my masjid and community.

Although I get why you wouldn't want a Muslim character referring to themselves as Inhuman.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The majority of X-fans don’t hate Kamala. If anything, we know her as the only shining gem in the Inhumans push.

It’s a “he-man haters club” who hates Kamala and her fellow “SJW” heroes. The same ones hating that Carol left the sexy black leather for her current Captain Marvel look.
    I thought it was called the "He-Man Woman-Haters' Club," but beyond that . . . you're more-or-less on target.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I do think there are people who didn't hate the more popular Inhumans for being Inhuman, but I am betting they hated them being Inhuman and was wishing for a retcon so they would not be Inhuman.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I thought it was called the "He-Man Woman-Haters' Club," but beyond that . . . you're more-or-less on target.
    It is.

we know her as the only shining gem in the Inhumans push.
    Moon Girl wants a word.

I do think there are people who didn't hate the more popular Inhumans for being Inhuman, but I am betting they hated them being Inhuman and was wishing for a retcon so they would not be Inhuman.
    For what to make her a mutant??? Last thing we need to see.

If there is a resentment it's Ms Marvel having over 70 solo issues and been around 11 years. While various females at Marvel can't sniff a shot and been around 60- years.

Ms Marvel and Moon Girl say the excuses are done. If you can take a risk on them-Rogue, Storm, Monica and others are free game.
    Last edited by skyvolt2000; 06-18-2021 at 04:49 PM.

Yeah, the new Ms. Marvel #1 will be LGY #76.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It is.

Moon Girl wants a word.

For what to make her a mutant??? Last thing we need to see.

If there is a resentment it's Ms Marvel having over 70 solo issues and been around 11 years. While various females at Marvel can't sniff a shot and been around 60- years.

Ms Marvel and Moon Girl say the excuses are done. If you can take a risk on them-Rogue, Storm, Monica and others are free game.
    This, especially. 75 in total so far, and the upcoming miniseries will round it up to 80. I should mention, though, Kamala Khan has been around since 2014, which would make it more like 7 years . . . and in retrospect, even more galling for all the heroines still on Marvel's backbench despite being around for decades.

Ultimate Member

Maybe it's because the recent female heroes were created with the intent of making solo comics instead of being just in team comics

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe it's because the recent female heroes were created with the intent of making solo comics instead of being just in team comics
    A fair point there, maybe.

Ultimate Member

A fair point there, maybe.
    I can't say for sure. It's no secret Marvel never made as much effort for female heroes in years past. I think these modern heroines are getting promoted because Marvel seems to be trying to correct that

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I can't say for sure. It's no secret Marvel never made as much effort for female heroes in years past. I think these modern heroines are getting promoted because Marvel seems to be trying to correct that
    Which is a welcome course correction, in my view.

Ultimate Member

Which is a welcome course correction, in my view.
    Oh yeah, better late than never. I hope they keep it up.

But I do think the older female characters should get promoted too, as long as rhe older male ones do