Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Spider-Man 10th anniversary variant for Ms. Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Kamala was a part of Secret Warriors, which was an all inhuman team and Magik from the X-Men, after all that drama during the ResurreXion era. It was an interesting book. And what was previously mentioned, Marvel Rising.
    If it helps, Marvel Future Avengers, the anime from a few years back, had Kamala in a pretty major role in its second season, which also involved the Inhumans, especially the Royals, as the focus of that season's overarching plot.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Setting aside whether the inhuman thing was forced on Wilson or not, it’s pretty clear CWII and the M-Pox saga rather wrecked any chance of there being much interaction between Kamala and the Inhumans
    High chance Kamran will show up soon. Maybe in Captain Marvel where Ms. Marvel guest stars (it was their first team up) and since he worked for Lineage who is an Inhuman villain, currently locked up by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Spider-Man 10th anniversary variant for Ms. Marvel.
    I feel like this is referencing a romance cover I've seen before...

Sandra Saad eprises Kamala for the Spidey and his Amazing Friends cartoon on Disney Junior:

Is that thumbnail mirrored? The thunderbolt on her costume is backwards.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I can see her being wary of forced oversight, but at the same time, I feel like Marvel exaggerates the "pro-accountability" sides in these conflicts to make the other side look heroic. I'm not usually a fan of "both sideism" at all, but I also don't get Marvel's whole "accountability = evil" thing they always do
    Nah I'm with you on this one. They are children, it's not unreasonable to want them to have oversight, especially given the events leading into it. (i mean, it was a setup, but they still acted recklessly) But then they stacked the deck by having people with legitimately bad intent on the pro accountability side, to make the other side look better. But take out the fact that it was a setup by Roxxon, and the basic argument being made isn't actually unreasonable. Tho to be fair some, especially Riri, came off as extremely callous and dismissive of some legitimate concerns, but nothing compared to the other side. I get that they were disillusioned with the Avengers, but they're kids, they're all full of youthful idealism not yet balanced by life experience. They need to learn that sometimes you have to compromise. It may not be your ideal solution, but perfect solutions are rarely on the table, and if it gets you closer to your goal than not doing anything at all... suck it up.

But, the books are aimed at tweens, and it's a message meant to align with how they feel, i guess.

Ultimate Member

I think the youthful idealism is a good message. But I thought they were originally against heroes beinf reckless. Noe they're for it because Marvel made Roxxon be behind it?

Although tbf the adult heroes didn't seem to understand compromise either. Even Captain America wasn't a good example on that. Think of how many hero v hero events they've had. So I don't blame the younger ones not totally trusting them. But, at the same time, it's all Marvel's fault anyway for being afraid to change the status quo
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 06-28-2021 at 09:40 PM.

Nothing wrong with being idealistic, but it can be a double edged sword, and it can lead you to being rigid and unreasonable, and honestly that's how they came off to me. I don't think there is anything wrong with this necessarily as a character trait, Kamala has always been kind of rigid, but I think it should be more clear that it can be a flaw in some circumstances if you are uncompromising in your ideals to the point where it is working against you.

And yeah, they were initially against heroes acting recklessly, but then when they themselves do act recklessly due at least in part to inexperience and immaturity, they went everyone off their backs?

Ultimate Member

That's what I didn't get. But maybe they changed their minds after being heroes for longer. I think it could be interesting to have a storyline where heroism is outlawed because entrenched powers like Roxxon feel threatened, but Idk if Marvel did it the right way. I think Kamala's ideals are generally good but she's still fairly inexperienced

If it is something they changed their minds about that's a weird takeaway on their part. cus it didn't come across as them gaining some experience, and making a mistake, and that made them realize that heroes are people, and sometimes people are flawed and make mistakes, so maybe they were being a bit too harsh before, or something like that. Just that they did not want oversight. Like REALLY didn't want it. not even try to maybe find a middle ground that worked for everyone. they were just dismissive of people's concerns.

And Kamala's ideals are good, I'm just saying that good ideals can end up working against your goal if you don't approach things with some flexibility, and this is something she's had trouble with. And as a character trait, this is fine, especially if it's shown that it can backfire sometimes. And in Kmala's own stories, it has sometimes. But in the Outlawed thing specifically, the downsides were never really explored, they were just presented as right and the other side wrong.

Anyway, i just wanted to comment because I just wanted to back you up on that heh.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    If it is something they changed their minds about that's a weird takeaway on their part. cus it didn't come across as them gaining some experience, and making a mistake, and that made them realize that heroes are people, and sometimes people are flawed and make mistakes, so maybe they were being a bit too harsh before, or something like that. Just that they did not want oversight. Like REALLY didn't want it. not even try to maybe find a middle ground that worked for everyone. they were just dismissive of people's concerns.

And Kamala's ideals are good, I'm just saying that good ideals can end up working against your goal if you don't approach things with some flexibility, and this is something she's had trouble with. And as a character trait, this is fine, especially if it's shown that it can backfire sometimes. And in Kmala's own stories, it has sometimes. But in the Outlawed thing specifically, the downsides were never really explored, they were just presented as right and the other side wrong.

Anyway, i just wanted to comment because I just wanted to back you up on that heh.
    Thanks! I think the problem is Marvel dialing up to 11 when it could achieve better results by being more restrained. The conflicts can be smaller and more realistic yet poignant and entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Nah I'm with you on this one. They are children, it's not unreasonable to want them to have oversight, especially given the events leading into it. (i mean, it was a setup, but they still acted recklessly) But then they stacked the deck by having people with legitimately bad intent on the pro accountability side, to make the other side look better. But take out the fact that it was a setup by Roxxon, and the basic argument being made isn't actually unreasonable. Tho to be fair some, especially Riri, came off as extremely callous and dismissive of some legitimate concerns, but nothing compared to the other side. I get that they were disillusioned with the Avengers, but they're kids, they're all full of youthful idealism not yet balanced by life experience. They need to learn that sometimes you have to compromise. It may not be your ideal solution, but perfect solutions are rarely on the table, and if it gets you closer to your goal than not doing anything at all... suck it up.

But, the books are aimed at tweens, and it's a message meant to align with how they feel, i guess.
    I'm kind of surprised Riri eventually forgot how the rest of the Champions ended up making her a fugitive because they tried to hide with her while on the run.

October Kamala books

Champions #10
    Captain Marvel #33
    Marvel Tales: Ms. Marvel (reprinting her first two issues)
    Ms. Marvel: Beyond the Limit #2

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-so...-october-2021/

MS. MARVEL: MARVEL TALES #1
    Written by KELLY SUE DECONNICK & G. WILLOW WILSON
    Penciled by FILIPE ANDRADE & ADRIAN ALPHONA
    Cover by JOSHUA “SWAY” SWABY • VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY JOSHUA “SWAY” SWABY
    Relive the first appearances of your new favorite super hero as we celebrate the legacy of the House of Ideas with MARVEL TALES! This anthology series shines a spotlight on fan-favorite characters, features timeless stories, and highlights some of Marvel’s most impressive talent from the past eight decades! And now Kamala Khan claims the spotlight, beginning with a scene-stealing cameo in her idol Carol Danvers’ book, CAPTAIN MARVEL (2012) #17! Then, G. Willow Wilson and Adrian Alphona put the Pakistani-American teen sensation center stage as the new Ms. Marvel in a landmark story from ALL-NEW MARVEL NOW! POINT ONE. But how did Kamala get her amazing, shape-shifting, size-changing powers? Find out in Wilson and Alphona’s now legendary MS. MARVEL (2014) #1-2 — as Ms. Marvel learns that the life of an embiggened Inhuman hero comes with big problems!
    96 PGS./Rated T …$7.99

MS. MARVEL: BEYOND THE LIMIT #2 (OF 5)
    SAMIRA AHMED (W) • ANDRÉS GENOLET (A) • Cover by MASHAL AHMED
    Variant cover by Betsy Cola
    Elephants and illusions and doppelgangers, oh my!
    Ms. Marvel punches her way out of the Bollywood bubble she landed in when she got home from Chicago. But things are not exactly normal, and she still has no idea what happened – or if it could happen again. What’s worse, it seems like she has a copycat lurking around Jersey City, and whoever they are, they’re ruining her good name. They’re escalating from snack thievery to scuffles with civilians, and wonky powers or no, Ms. Marvel has to find them. Fast.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

CAPTAIN MARVEL #33
    KELLY THOMPSON (W) • SERGIO DÁVILA (A) • Cover by IBAN COELLO
    TEASER VARIANT COVER BY GERALD PAREL
    MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER BY JOE JUSKO
    “THE LAST OF THE MARVELS” PART 2
    The Marvels are under attack! First they came for the captain…now they’re after the youngest to bear the title. Carol races to save Kamala Khan, but no one knows—least of all Carol—what the Dark Marvels are up to next…or who they’ll target. And this time, not even the dead are off-limits. Kelly Thompson and Sergio Dávila deliver a shocking reveal—the first of many!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

CHAMPIONS #10
    DANNY LORE (W) • LUCIANO VECCHIO (A)
    Cover by TONI INFANTE
    THE FINALE OF KILLER APP!
    The Champions win a major victory over Roxxon—only to discover a much deadlier threat waiting in the wings! Can they win against vicious machines engineered to predict their every move? Or is it the end of the line for our young heroes?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99