Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I know, but they both have similar effects of creating different shapes. One just uses the actual body
    I guess, but Kamala doesn't really tend to make herself look like GL constructs.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess, but Kamala doesn't really tend to make herself look like GL constructs.
    I agre on that

Assuming this is real, for one thing, Kamala hasn't really done anything with her powers beyond big fists and the odd shapeshifted weapon for some time now, so changing them to constructs sounds like a budget-saving maneuver for the same end results. Second, her powers are ultimately meaningless to her solo story, as she's always been more slice-of-life and that seems to be what the MCU wants to pursue for her series. Finally, if they're really going to give her energy constructs for the MCU, then she's not shapeshifting, period. That would just be totally redundant.

The one thing we should really fear is MCU synergy bleeding into the comics and replacing her powers there, too.
    Last edited by Myetche; 04-16-2021 at 07:44 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Astonishing Member

So the bracelet becomes a Kree/Inhuman weapon-thing?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

What makes me think the rumor has SOME credibility is the fact that a while back one of the directors posted a picture in which you could see part of a storyboard, and if you zoom in, you can see what appears to be a person surrounded by some kind of purple-ish glow.

Or maybe the person saw this and decided to make up the rest of the story and spread as a rumor, 'cause some people love to do that to make themselves look credible. Anyway, if the part of the new powers is true... I'm not sure what to think. It'll be a little weird to see Kamala with these kind of powers, but as long as she still has her classic powers, it's ok I guess? And yeah, it definitely seems like it could be a ploy to save money from the amount of complicated CGI that shapeshifting would require for a solo hero show, and maybe also a way to make her fit in with the Captain Marvel world better, so she would have more in common with Monica and Carol in terms of powerset.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Or maybe the person saw this and decided to make up the rest of the story and spread as a rumor, 'cause some people love to do that to make themselves look credible. Anyway, if the part of the new powers is true... I'm not sure what to think. It'll be a little weird to see Kamala with these kind of powers, but as long as she still has her classic powers, it's ok I guess? And yeah, it definitely seems like it could be a ploy to save money from the amount of complicated CGI that shapeshifting would require for a solo hero show, and maybe also a way to make her fit in with the Captain Marvel world better, so she would have more in common with Monica and Carol in terms of powerset.
    I could see that, but I doubt they'd go in that direction. Her comic powers would make her stand out in the movie, instead of just "energy beam". It's the third most cliche power after strength and flight

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    What makes me think the rumor has SOME credibility is the fact that a while back one of the directors posted a picture in which you could see part of a storyboard, and if you zoom in, you can see what appears to be a person surrounded by some kind of purple-ish glow.

The changes to her story sound like they're trying to make her more of a conventional action heroine for her show.

Not sure how I feel about it.

Astonishing Member

So involving the other bit of the rumors, as an Inhuman fan I am happy it is leaning towards her being Inhuman. Though the Royals not being in it I am kind of ok with it. Someone mentioned the Thailand shootings might be for Attilan, and I personal see it maybe a post credit scene, with it leading into Captain Marvel 2.

Ultimate Member

How much stock can we put into these rumors?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I mean the three theatrical Fantastic Four movies had trouble not making Reed stretching look ridiculous.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I mean the three theatrical Fantastic Four movies had trouble not making Reed stretching look ridiculous.
    True, but did they have MCU-level budgets?

She can also change her size and shape, so I think that's more complex and interesting than Mr. Fantastic

True, but did they have MCU-level budgets?

She can also change her size and shape, so I think that's more complex and interesting than Mr. Fantastic
    It's going to be really hard to do her powers, big budget or not. There's going to be more than 1 or 2 hours of VFX footage, by season 1 end and this being a TV show, stretching or morphing abilities has the potential to look really silly or jarring, maybe even horrifying.

I don't envy the company that has to tackle displaying her powers for more than 5 mintues - lighting, texturing, digital doubles...etc. Just like with the upcoming She-Hulk, it's going to be make or break for these shows if they are able to pull them off.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 04-18-2021 at 04:18 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    It's going to be really hard to do her powers, big budget or not. There's going to be more than 1 or 2 hours of VFX footage, by season 1 end and this being a TV show, stretching or morphing abilities has the potential to look really silly or jarring, maybe even horrifying.

I don't envy the company that has to tackle displaying her powers for more than 5 mintues - lighting, texturing, digital doubles...etc. Just like with the upcoming She-Hulk, it's going to be make or break for these shows if they are able to pull them off.
    I can see the difficulty in that. They somewhat did something similar with Infinity War Iron Man, so maybe she does mostly that, or shrinking. Even the T-1000 does something similar. So I think it's a daunting task, but not impossible

Astonishing Member

How much stock can we put into these rumors?
    I guess the amount stock that is going into the talk on her gaining new/additional powers/tech.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I guess the amount stock that is going into the talk on her gaining new/additional powers/tech.
    Okay. I'm still wary of getting attached to rumors