Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

This may end up being the most divisive MCU project ever made...amongst comic fans at least. The average Disney+ subscriber who knows nothing about Kamala isn't going to care, so if the show is good enough to satisfy general audiences Marvel won't have any motivation to make things more accurate to the source material.

Astonishing Member

I don’t suppose there’s any chance that the crystals are made of Terrigen?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly any comparison to Reed Richards powers are just from writers being lazy with their use of Kamala’s powers. She’s so much more than just stretching and enlarging her fists with the fact that she’s a polymorph. She basically has more in common with Plastic Man than Reed. Writers just never use her powers creatively.
    Not to mention she's just all around a better character.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The Reed argument never made any sense, specially now that Marvel Studios is actively introducing so many characters with the same powerset/abilities/tech as existing heroes. Wasp, Hawkeye, Black Widow, She-Hulk, Thor, Ironheart, Wiccan, Speed, multiple different Lokis, whoever is the new Black Panther. Some of the Eternals also have duplicate abilities when you think about it (Thena/Hela, Sprite/Loki, Gilgamesh and anyone with super-strenght, Druig/Scarlet Witch with the mind control). So I don't know why they would need to draw the line at Kamala, specially when Reed is years away from being introduced. There is definitely another reason why this is being done, and my guess is that it boils down to time and money being saved on the CGI for her show, and perhaps an attempt to make her powers more energy-like so she can fit in with Carol and Monica in the Captain Marvel franchise.
    Yeah, we can have 30 generic flying/running bricks but 2 semi-similar shapeshifters is apparently too much

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Not just superhero, novels as well. GoT did great when it followed the books to the best of its ability, the more off script they went the worst they did. Harry Potter is the same. Percy Jackson, and Artemis Fowl made really big left turns and got failures.

I wouldn't say improvements, but positive alternatives. Mr. Fantastice can stretch better, but Ms. Marvel get a strength increase. No one is upstaging, or if someone felt there is one is better in one section compared to another. Almost like a videogame talent tree builds.
    I don't quite agree about Harry Potter. IMO the movies were mostly an improvement.

But anyway, by better, Ms Marvel can also shrink and grow, and take others' appearances although Idk if she uses that power that much. IIRC she can also heal herself. So overall she's more capable than Mr. not so fantastic

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BushidoBlade2 View Post
    Blaming it on the failure of the Inhumans TV show makes no sense considering Agents Of Shield introduced Inhumans first and had a bunch of different Newhumans in it.
    I wonder if people even remember Agents of Shield. They introduced the inhumans really well with a low budget and lots of story that tied in with the Kree. The Inhumans TV show had to look like the Dune movie, and with a Friday night network TV budget that was never going to happen.

The only reason they're changing her powers is for money. She could've gotten her powers like Jessica Jones or from a meteor like in the Runaways, and had her comic powers.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Not to mention she's just all around a better character.
    Kamala is a character all to her own .
    I don't quite agree about Harry Potter. IMO the movies were mostly an improvement.

But anyway, by better, Ms Marvel can also shrink and grow, and take others' appearances although Idk if she uses that power that much. IIRC she can also heal herself. So overall she's more capable than Mr. not so fantastic
    Kamala also has an electricity weakness that Reed doesn't have and he alters his shape in ways she doesn't. Not that it's a competition.

I never thought the Captain Marvel fans would have need of this so soon, but here he's go.

tenor.jpg
    Last edited by Anthony W; 10-24-2021 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Whoops, wrong one. Here is what you need.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BushidoBlade2 View Post
    Blaming it on the failure of the Inhumans TV show makes no sense considering Agents Of Shield introduced Inhumans first and had a bunch of different Newhumans in it.
    Yeah, which was before the Inhumans show, and then Inhumans suddenly became way less important in AoS.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yeah, which was before the Inhumans show, and then Inhumans suddenly became way less important in AoS.
    They weren't the main focus, but still played a big part. The final season used afterlife in the past. Season before that Inhumans were back to being what the Kree wanted them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    They had pretty big storylines the last two seasons, and were always present. Agents of Shield was a Marvel show so they had a lot of concepts. It wasn't supposed to be exclusively anything.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Can't use her healing factor when not in her natural form, so yeah, she's stopped using the full shapeshifting power. And yes, she uses her stretching power in different ways to Reed - who relies on tech more than his powers nowadays.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    This may end up being the most divisive MCU project ever made...amongst comic fans at least. The average Disney+ subscriber who knows nothing about Kamala isn't going to care, so if the show is good enough to satisfy general audiences Marvel won't have any motivation to make things more accurate to the source material.
    I agree about the general audience, however, positive word of mouth among fans on social medial has been one of the MCU's fortes. Pretty much every franchise have their own set of ''stans'' who love what they do. But when you go on the internet and suddenly people who are Kamala fans are talking **** about her own show... that's gotta sting a little. It might not be something that HURTS them as a company, but it could be a motivation for things to change. Think about the whole Mandarin thing and how they had to walk back on that because of the backlash: general audiences didn't care about that either, but the outcry from comic fans over the years was enough for them to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I don’t suppose there’s any chance that the crystals are made of Terrigen?
    I had that theory when her updated logo came out and you could see the crystal effect on it... but there have been several leaks/scoops recently talking about them changing her origin entirely, and people seem to really believe that for whatever reason.

Potential spoilers. Could be wrong, but you never know: spoilers:
    there is some information going around that she's gonna be a part of a whole new species from the comics that are apparently descended from the djinn, who are islamic folkloric creatures.
    end of spoilers

^spoilers:
    Famously, of course, seen in Arabian Nights, in the form of Aladdin's Genie.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I haven't watched Shang Chi yet, but what I got from the trailers were that the 10 rings are a family heirloom that grant him powers. They'll probably be doing this?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kamala is a character all to her own .
    Doesn't mean she's not better than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kamala also has an electricity weakness that Reed doesn't have and he alters his shape in ways she doesn't. Not that it's a competition.
    Oh, I wasn't aware he had other abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Can't use her healing factor when not in her natural form, so yeah, she's stopped using the full shapeshifting power. And yes, she uses her stretching power in different ways to Reed - who relies on tech more than his powers nowadays.
    I think the shapeshifting power is interesting and could be used a bit more

Astonishing Member

Is this spoiler for the show, or her upcoming mini?