Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    You're not wrong, but that would only really be a factor for Kamala if they created her as a mutant who is also an X-Man. If she was a mutant created outside of the X-Office and with little to no ties to the X-Men, I think her success would've remained the same, because she wouldn't be subjected to the same rules and status quos of other mutant characters. As we saw recently with Franklin Richards, the X-Office can't really control any mutants who belong to other franchises.
    And when they don't control them, they destroy them by un-mutanting them!! LOL.
    Seriously, I think in Kamala case, I agree with the quote. Being a mutant wouldn't be a factor on Kamala impact. Firestar, Namor didn't change their impact by being considered mutants. The case of Namor is special, because his impact never has dependent of being a mutant, that is secondary.
    Being inhuman is for Kamala the equivalent of being bitten by a radioactive spider: a trigger, but not more consecuential for the rest of her life Her identity it is not tied to Attilan, that is not the mysterious land of her forefathers, Pakistan it is.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Ultimate Member

But then would she get sucked into the endless mutant persecution, or would she avoid that because she's closer to the Avengers?

She's being subjected to that in a different way, lol - because of her age rather than because of how she got her powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

You mean the whole outlawing teen heroes thing?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    And when they don't control them, they destroy them by un-mutanting them!! LOL.
    Seriously, I think in Kamala case, I agree with the quote. Being a mutant wouldn't be a factor on Kamala impact. Firestar, Namor didn't change their impact by being considered mutants. The case of Namor is special, because his impact never has dependent of being a mutant, that is secondary.
    Being inhuman is for Kamala the equivalent of being bitten by a radioactive spider: a trigger, but not more consecuential for the rest of her life Her identity it is not tied to Attilan, that is not the mysterious land of her forefathers, Pakistan it is.
    But it does play a role with an ally/friend Lockjaw who helped her take down one of her first Villains. As well one of her villains Kamran, who has connections to the Inhuman villain Lineage. So her story doesn't revolve around her Inhuman origin, it does play a part of her story.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if Lockjaw will appear in the show

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    But it does play a role with an ally/friend Lockjaw who helped her take down one of her first Villains. As well one of her villains Kamran, who has connections to the Inhuman villain Lineage. So her story doesn't revolve around her Inhuman origin, it does play a part of her story.
    And in the tv series, the origin of the villian can be as easly changed as Kamala's origin could be. (Something than as not been confirmed yet, I must add). And about Lockjaw, well, he likes to make errands with several characters, Beta Ray Bill among them, and that doesn't make him an inhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I wonder if Lockjaw will appear in the show
    Even if the series could had a budget enough to keep a CGI giant dog by episode, something I don't know, I doubt it. Lockjaw is tied to the inhumans and that is a problem because Inhumans isn't a failure of the Marvel series, it is THE failure of the Marvel tv series. It is comprensible for the creators to wanted to put distance between a promising IP and the most well-know crashed mistake of media Marvel. Yes, we comics sages can justify and explain and ask and argue for a vindication of the inhumans, but for people who only watch tv, inhumans is tied to a bad series. The creative minds behind Kamala' series must think than if the non-comic reader public link Kamala to the inhumans, they will think of the failed series and that could harm Kamala performance. You can understand that, even if you disagree.
    But are we sure about any change than could be made? Not, could be than Kamala could discover than she is adopted and her real family are hinduist from India (ooh, there you would have drama) or could be simply a retelling with really minor changes, an update. Also I just remember than in most cases, origins tied to crossover events are downplayed after sometime, and maybe that is what will be changed. How many times the origin of Venom has been tied to Secret Wars in movies and animations? With Kamala could happen something similar and make her a more unique origin. Or not, maybe it could be a big event than also could be the origin of her adversaries. We only can speculate, and we will only know for sure when the series (live action and comic) come out.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Ultimate Member

I don't think Marvel necessarily needs to completely disavow the entire concept of the inhumans. They failed, yes, but how much does the general public even care about the Inhumans in the first place, that they'd dislike Kamala for it?

People have better memory for failures than victories, believe me. It was what broke the rule of Marvel success. Marvel can give the Inhumans another chance of course, but given as example, Deadpool (Between his appearance in Wolverine origins and his own movie) it would be around 2027 the next try out for inhumans. And Kamala can't wait that much.

I would had than a rewritting of an origin can also seen as a good sign: it is a effort of the editorial to keep the character updated and contemporary. That means the editorial recognizes than the character had an impact, a following and a presence relevant for them. What must be considered is than that rewritting don't change the character beyond what it made it attractive for those who enjoy the reading.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 06-21-2021 at 01:22 PM.

Ultimate Member

I guess they could change it, but Idk if they will. They haven't said anything as far as I've heard

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    People have better memory for failures than victories, believe me. It was what broke the rule of Marvel success. Marvel can give the Inhumans another chance of course, but given as example, Deadpool (Between his appearance in Wolverine origins and his own movie) it would be around 2027 the next try out for inhumans. And Kamala can't wait that much.

I would had than a rewritting of an origin can also seen as a good sign: it is a effort of the editorial to keep the character updated and contemporary. That means the editorial recognizes than the character had an impact, a following and a presence relevant for them. What must be considered is than that rewritting don't change the character beyond what it made it attractive for those who enjoy the reading.
    Failure of a show not movie.

So I guess we shouldn't see anyone from Netflix shows.

Only the trolls who HATE Marvel and the Inhumans will bring that mess up. Everyone else is not going to care.

Many shows that have failed and gotten cult status or returned in another form like Firefly. Even the Power Rangers (super Sentai) had failures. If it was not for Super Sentai Jetman getting shot after Fiveman failed-we wouldn't have Power Rangers.

Heck Robotech is 3 failed tv shows merged into one. Amazing World of Gumbell was a TON of failed projects. Point is-one failure should not be the end.

Ultimate Member

The thing is, if this show is successful, it could possibly redeem the MCU Inhuman concept. Of course, they might use the term Nuhumans instead

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Failure of a show not movie.
    Still a soundly failure.

So I guess we shouldn't see anyone from Netflix shows.
    Not in new shows for a while, specially if Netflix are keeping the series in their menu (I'm not sure about that). Anyway, Daredevil worked pretty well.

Only the trolls who HATE Marvel and the Inhumans will bring that mess up. Everyone else is not going to care.
    That is very extreme way to put it. I talk of association. People maybe doesn't care about Kamala being an inhuman but if they got interested and make a quick search on internet.... and they can found the series. That is the risk.

Many shows that have failed and gotten cult status or returned in another form like Firefly. Even the Power Rangers (super Sentai) had failures. If it was not for Super Sentai Jetman getting shot after Fiveman failed-we wouldn't have Power Rangers.
    I'm not versed in japanese nor sentai shows. But do you really think than Inhumans have the same quality and level than Firefly?

Heck Robotech is 3 failed tv shows merged into one. Amazing World of Gumbell was a TON of failed projects. Point is-one failure should not be the end.
    Of course, not, never is the end. But after a failure, you can wait years before give that failure to give you a triumph. Star trek failed in their moment and ten years passed before the motion movie and their continuations. Ten years. That is why some ip are left in the limbo before make a return. Inhumans can return, but it not will be soon.

The thing is, if this show is successful, it could possibly redeem the MCU Inhuman concept. Of course, they might use the term Nuhumans instead
    That is a possibility. You could say than the Inhumans needs more Ms. Marvel than the other way around. But we will see. I still conjecture than the kree connection will be made stronger and the intermediary (inhumans) could be taken out of the equation. But I could be totally wrong and Marvel could go and doubole down onthe inhumanity of Kamala. I don't discard that either.

You mean the whole outlawing teen heroes thing?
    Yeah. She's been persecuted just for daring to be superhero when she's under 21 - and yet the authorities don't realise that she's also the unwitting poster child for the law!
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    True, no Jetman would mean no Zyuranger, and that would mean no Mighty Morphin Power Rangers... though Sentai as a whole actually owes it's existence to Marvel. The second season, JAKQ, was a flop that got cancelled three months early. The following year, they replaced it with Spider-Man (the show in which he has a robo called Leopardon). That was a hit, so they made another series inspired by Marvel - one that would come to be regarded as the third Super Sentai, Battle Fever J. One of the members was inspired by the Golden Age Miss America, the whole concept was also inspired by Captain America (though they changed the name to Battle Japan, the other three members being Battle France, Battle Kenya, and Battle Cossack for the USSR). Sentai continued from there without any further Marvel influence, though they did homage the comics company by calling Gokaiger's red ranger GokaiRed, Captain Marvelous.

Kamala's apparently a fan of Power Rangers - she mentioned Megazord in the first issue of Unstoppable Wasp (when she saw a villain piloting a giant mecha), but Nadia, not versed in American culture at that point, didn't get the reference.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman