Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Kamala could easily separate herself from Reed if they play into the shapeshifting aspect. They don't seem to care about the numerous characters with super strength or vague energy blast that are only different in color.
    the comparison has always been surface level anyway. She creates big fists and changes size while Reed mostly just stretches.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    the comparison has always been surface level anyway. She creates big fists and changes size while Reed mostly just stretches.
    Theoretically he could do a lot more, yet doesn't.

Yeah, honestly Reed and Kamala could learn from each other. Though Reed's stretching is more like Plastic Man's, because he can't change colour. Kamala can, allowing her impersonate another person like Mystique, but she uses that power very rarely because it and her healing factor are mutually exclusive (that's why she dropped the Carol facade and revealed herself to Bruno early on, after being injured).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, honestly Reed and Kamala could learn from each other. Though Reed's stretching is more like Plastic Man's, because he can't change colour. Kamala can, allowing her impersonate another person like Mystique, but she uses that power very rarely because it and her healing factor are mutually exclusive (that's why she dropped the Carol facade and revealed herself to Bruno early on, after being injured).
    In general she seems more versatile than he does.

Quote Originally Posted by vic vega View Post
    ps: Kamala's ms. Marvel outfit might be the first time i have ever seen a movie hero costume look better in real life than in the
    comic books.
    bwa-ha-ha!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    That might be part of the story.

Fangirl Kamala is so enamored of Comic Book Super
    Hero tropes that it hasn't occurred to her that a domino mask can't hide her identity at all. So in practice she has to do a lot of hiding. Or shrinking really small/ growing really tall so nobody can get a good look at her face.

PS: Kamala's Ms. Marvel outfit might be the first time I have ever seen a movie hero costume look better in real life than in the
    comic books.
    It is one of those things people might have to let slide because it will not make any sense, a generic 5'11 white guy with brown hair in America is long list. A south Asian girl around 5'4 that is 14 to 16 with hair a certain length in New Jersey area with in distance of certain events, how long do people think that list is? Not mention what ever details about things you might get when talks about stuff. Basic detective work would have you limiting down a list of people quickly.

That said Kamala more well suit than most heroes with her powers to throw off people if she was trying, I mean Kamala shape shifting and size changing means she could do the I am 6'2 when I am a hero but 5'4 when I am not but someone could figure out seeing her powers that the person is changing sizes but that is not as easy reach as we might feel. It is why like Shield or some big organization being around a group actively stopping and making out finding stuff about people harder that would make sense why nobody would know who she is but this is why superhero shows nowadays have hacker friend around if the heroes can't do that type of thing.

As for her suit ,the Avengers game has some pretty good suits for her, I think her tv suit looks closer to the game one than the comic.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-03-2021 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is one of those things people might have to let slide because it will not make any sense, a generic 5'11 white guy with brown hair in America is long list. A south Asian girl around 5'4 that is 14 to 16 with hair a certain length in New Jersey area with in distance of certain events, how long do people think that list is? Not mention what ever details about things you might get when talks about stuff. Basic detective work would have you limiting down a list of people quickly.
    How do the citizens of the MCU know that the character is south Asian? You know because you read the book, but if you knew nothing of the character and someone showed you this picture of her in costume would you be able to look at it and say "yeah, she is south Asian?" The only thing you are seeing is a brown skin girl with black hair, and that could be a lot of things. This line of thinking reminds me of the old police sketch artist gag where every person of color comes out looking the same.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    How do the citizens of the MCU know that the character is south Asian? You know because you read the book, but if you knew nothing of the character and someone showed you this picture of her in costume would you be able to look at it and say "yeah, she is south Asian?" The only thing you are seeing is a brown skin girl with black hair, and that could be a lot of things. This line of thinking reminds me of the old police sketch artist gag where every person of color comes out looking the same.
    Wait are you trying to say what I think you are trying to say

You are saying if you take this photo and show it someone who isn't a Marvel fan that person isn't going to be able to tell you what nationality/race she is? Lolllll
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-04-2021 at 12:57 AM.

Are you trying to say what I think you are trying to say?

You are saying if you take this photo and show it someone who isn't a Marvel fan that person isn't going to be able to tell you what nationality/race she is? Lolllll
    So you have decided to double down? Yikes.

Sooooo much yikes....
    Last edited by Anthony W; 05-04-2021 at 01:07 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Considering I've seen some fans literally refer to the casting of Iman as ''whitewashing'' because of her lighter skin, and at one point I saw someone literally confusing Kamala with America Chavez because both are brown girls, yeah... I wouldn't be surprised if SOME people couldn't actually tell she is of south asian descent. A lot of western people really have no grasp on brown identities and how they work.

Kamala's skin isn't too dark in the comics anyway. Sure, she's not as pale as Carol or Tony, but she's also nowhere near as dark as T'Challa or Miles. If people think that Iman's skin is too pale, then I'm surprised they aren't also complaining that she doesn't have bangs, which Kamala has in the majority of her comics appearances. Though one of her more well known variant covers (from her second issue) shows her without them.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Well, colorism is a big problem in the South Asian community, so maybe that's what's bothered some people.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Considering I've seen some fans literally refer to the casting of Iman as ''whitewashing'' because of her lighter skin, and at one point I saw someone literally confusing Kamala with America Chavez because both are brown girls, yeah... I wouldn't be surprised if SOME people couldn't actually tell she is of south asian descent. A lot of western people really have no grasp on brown identities and how they work.
    If Kamala operates in her section of New Jersey, people would figure that bit out by implication.

If she operates in say New York City, people are going misidentify her especially if she is moving quickly.

There's going to be a bunch of "I thought she was Indian. Well, she kinda looked Dominican to ME" going on.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Wait, where did you hear about them changing her powers?
    I wouldn't take much stock in it. It's a rumor by some youtuber. This same Youtuber has gotten a ton of stuff wrong.

I mean I'm sure she won't be Inhuman, cause, yeah. But they could explain her powers in a number of ways. I mean she could have been experimented on by the Kree or something.
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

So, it was mentioned in Carol's thread that the next arc of her book will be called The Marvels. I assume that means a Kamala team-up?