Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    That is a possibility. You could say than the Inhumans needs more Ms. Marvel than the other way around. But we will see. I still conjecture than the kree connection will be made stronger and the intermediary (inhumans) could be taken out of the equation. But I could be totally wrong and Marvel could go and doubole down onthe inhumanity of Kamala. I don't discard that either.
    Her Kree connection does also give her a connection to Carol. I think it's possible they'll take a more active interest in Kamala

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. She's been persecuted just for daring to be superhero when she's under 21 - and yet the authorities don't realise that she's also the unwitting poster child for the law!
    While I don't think it's unreasonable to not want teens to be heroes, Marvel tends to escalate the whole "persecuting people with powers" to unreasonable levels

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    True, no Jetman would mean no Zyuranger, and that would mean no Mighty Morphin Power Rangers... though Sentai as a whole actually owes it's existence to Marvel. The second season, JAKQ, was a flop that got cancelled three months early. The following year, they replaced it with Spider-Man (the show in which he has a robo called Leopardon). That was a hit, so they made another series inspired by Marvel - one that would come to be regarded as the third Super Sentai, Battle Fever J. One of the members was inspired by the Golden Age Miss America, the whole concept was also inspired by Captain America (though they changed the name to Battle Japan, the other three members being Battle France, Battle Kenya, and Battle Cossack for the USSR). Sentai continued from there without any further Marvel influence, though they did homage the comics company by calling Gokaiger's red ranger GokaiRed, Captain Marvelous.

Kamala's apparently a fan of Power Rangers - she mentioned Megazord in the first issue of Unstoppable Wasp (when she saw a villain piloting a giant mecha), but Nadia, not versed in American culture at that point, didn't get the reference.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    While I don't think it's unreasonable to not want teens to be heroes, Marvel tends to escalate the whole "persecuting people with powers" to unreasonable levels
    Just look at what happened in the original Marvel Civil War, after all, with Outlawed leading Silhouette to call out "Kamala's Law" as being "SHRA, but for kids!" Something to that effect, but given how much overreach there was in that law, not entirely misplaced.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Just look at what happened in the original Marvel Civil War, after all, with Outlawed leading Silhouette to call out "Kamala's Law" as being "SHRA, but for kids!" Something to that effect, but given how much overreach there was in that law, not entirely misplaced.
    But isn't all that just created by Marvel to justify these conflicts in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    Hmm, interesting. Thanks.

But isn't all that just created by Marvel to justify these conflicts in the first place?
    Fair point there. If they wanted to make regulations for superheroes or superpowers that didn't trample all over civil, constitutional, and human rights and prompted reasonable discourse between both proponents and opponents, they would. Alas, conflict sells.

Ultimate Member

Hmm, interesting. Thanks.

Fair point there. If they wanted to make regulations for superheroes or superpowers that didn't trample all over civil, constitutional, and human rights and prompted reasonable discourse between both proponents and opponents, they would. Alas, conflict sells.
    I think Marvel can use these ideas to make interesting and plausible conflicts. But it seems Marvel likes to dramatize things a bit too much at times. Civil War being a good example, or any excessive mutant extermination. Of course that might just be a personal preference

What gets me is that, wasn't Kamala all about superheroes being responsible when she started the Champions?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    And in the tv series, the origin of the villian can be as easly changed as Kamala's origin could be. (Something than as not been confirmed yet, I must add). And about Lockjaw, well, he likes to make errands with several characters, Beta Ray Bill among them, and that doesn't make him an inhuman.
    It seems the Kamran is described as an Inhuman, and if the rumors are true Ms. Marvel is Inhuman and a group called N.I.C.E. will be going after Inhumans. As for Lockjaw well yes I am aware of this as Ben Grimm has also been a pal to Lockjaw, Inhumans have played a role in the characters meeting them.

Astonishing Member

Setting aside whether the inhuman thing was forced on Wilson or not, it’s pretty clear CWII and the M-Pox saga rather wrecked any chance of there being much interaction between Kamala and the Inhumans

Huh? CWII has nothing to do with it, it was Kamala's relationship with Carol that became strained there. And IVX didn't destroy Kamala's relationship with the Inhumans, she's actually teamed up with Inferno since then (in the Marvel Rising comics, which were set in 616 and not the namesake cartoon's continuity). The Royals just went off world, which is why she hasn't interacted with them since IVX.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think Marvel can use these ideas to make interesting and plausible conflicts. But it seems Marvel likes to dramatize things a bit too much at times. Civil War being a good example, or any excessive mutant extermination. Of course that might just be a personal preference

What gets me is that, wasn't Kamala all about superheroes being responsible when she started the Champions?
    Particularly considering her gripe with the Avengers was that they didn't seem to care all that much anymore about the civilians caught in the wake of their battles (with each other or with the actual bad guys). However, if you go by Champions #5 that concluded the initial Outlawed arc/saga, the inciting incident was a deliberate setup by Roxxon, staging an attack with a dragon under its control to kill two birds with one stone --- take out a teenage activist speaking against its practices and discredit, then outlaw the Champions. Kind of like Civil War if the Damage Control CEO had been thinking longer-term as opposed to just short-term profiteering off superpowered conflicts by dosing supervillains with MGH (Mutant Growth Hormone) to augment their powers and destructive capability, which led directly to the Stamford Incident.

Ultimate Member

Particularly considering her gripe with the Avengers was that they didn't seem to care all that much anymore about the civilians caught in the wake of their battles (with each other or with the actual bad guys). However, if you go by Champions #5 that concluded the initial Outlawed arc/saga, the inciting incident was a deliberate setup by Roxxon, staging an attack with a dragon under its control to kill two birds with one stone --- take out a teenage activist speaking against its practices and discredit, then outlaw the Champions. Kind of like Civil War if the Damage Control CEO had been thinking longer-term as opposed to just short-term profiteering off superpowered conflicts by dosing supervillains with MGH (Mutant Growth Hormone) to augment their powers and destructive capability, which led directly to the Stamford Incident.
    Was that consistent with how Avengers have been portrayed before, or was that made up for the conflict? Either way, her being against oversight later on seems like an odd transition

I feel they throw in villains like Roxxon to make the conflict less the fault of the heroes themselves.

Astonishing Member

Was that consistent with how Avengers have been portrayed before, or was that made up for the conflict? Either way, her being against oversight later on seems like an odd transition

I feel they throw in villains like Roxxon to make the conflict less the fault of the heroes themselves.
    Maybe because it is forced oversight. That while she may agree with the idea of having someone calling the shots to protect lives, if someone feels they don't need it and want to do good who is someone else to stop that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Maybe because it is forced oversight. That while she may agree with the idea of having someone calling the shots to protect lives, if someone feels they don't need it and want to do good who is someone else to stop that.
    I can see her being wary of forced oversight, but at the same time, I feel like Marvel exaggerates the "pro-accountability" sides in these conflicts to make the other side look heroic. I'm not usually a fan of "both sideism" at all, but I also don't get Marvel's whole "accountability = evil" thing they always do

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Setting aside whether the inhuman thing was forced on Wilson or not, it’s pretty clear CWII and the M-Pox saga rather wrecked any chance of there being much interaction between Kamala and the Inhumans
    Kamala was a part of Secret Warriors, which was an all inhuman team and Magik from the X-Men, after all that drama during the ResurreXion era. It was an interesting book. And what was previously mentioned, Marvel Rising.