Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So how long until her powers get retconned in the comics I say a year!
    Going from the solicits of her mini, it's clear her actual powers aren't going anywhere in the comics. At best, she'll get them switched with that of her brother somehow until the show's hype dies, and then she gets switched back.
    Last edited by Myetche; 08-02-2021 at 04:14 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Astonishing Member

Really hope they don't change a lot about her in the show, because EVERYTHING that has done pointless changes when adapting has had it fall right on its face. The more pointless changes the more falls.

Any chance of Inhumans being connected to her origin story just flew out the window, or at least that's what I'll bet.

Doesn't the solicit for her new comic actually say something is amiss with her powers? Maybe the comics will be changing them?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Any chance of Inhumans being connected to her origin story just flew out the window, or at least that's what I'll bet.
    Unless she has to be an Inhuman to wield that energy.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Unless she has to be an Inhuman to wield that energy.
    I like that, or a Kree connection is needed.

If the other spoilers are true, the purple stuff comes from the bracelet and Kamran still gets his powers some how.

A lot of people are saying her powers are gonna be magic related now, & that's like apparently racist or something phobic cause Magic is illegal in Islam, which is weird to me cause like Magics not real but like whatever, damn near everything is illegal in Islam so I feel people need to chill. (No Offense Meant)

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

There was either a Muslim or Zoroastrian mage in Dr. Strange/Doom Triumph and Torment, plus the Muslim Arabian Knight has a magical scimitar and flying carpet which he has no qualms using.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Moon Knights a Jewish dude who straight up worships a moon god. Magic in her origin won't kill anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    A lot of people are saying her powers are gonna be magic related now, & that's like apparently racist or something phobic cause Magic is illegal in Islam
    Yeah I don’t really get why people are upset now. The terrigenesis process is pretty much magical mumbo jumbo lmao
    Last edited by Dipter; 08-02-2021 at 10:07 PM.

A lot of credible people say the 4C leak is legit so maybe everyone is jumping the gun a bit but if not...yeah, this might be the biggest stumble if the MCU yet since Hawkeye and Spidey being so engrained to Stark.

Weird. My first assumption was that the Studio thought her stretchy powers would look too awkward and uncanny in live-action, but they're doing Fantastic Four, so that bridge has to be crossed eventually.
    They probably don't want her to duplicate Reed's abilities.
    It may be 20 characters in comics with the same powers, but not in films.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post
    They probably don't want her to duplicate Reed's abilities.
    It may be 20 characters in comics with the same powers, but not in films.
    Marvel can have 2 size shifters
    3 Iron Suited people
    5 assassins
    4 Strong People
    2 Gods
    2 Magic Users

And yet we can't have 2 stretchy people?

If Monica and Kamala can't have their powers because someone else has them, that's just stupid logic.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The rumors are true: MCU Kamala has different powers than the comic one. It's some kinda Green Lantern type deal.

We don't know if she won't have her comic book powers. Having a new one doesn't necessarily mean she can't have any other powers. This could be something that works in addition of her already known powerset instead of just straight up replacing it.

The 4chan leak that actually got the purple power thing right also said she IS an inhuman, even though no member of the Royal Family appears in the show. A Ms. Marvel fanpage on Twitter that's been correct about some stuff about the show (apparently they got an inside source), also said they believe she is still inhuman, and that will be connected to the bracelet somehow.

What's making things messy is that fucking Grace Randolph is going around spreading her usual bullshit, so people think she's right. She's the one saying there will be magic and no inhuman connection, and people are falling for it because ''she was right about Kamala's powers changing'' when she wasn't even the person who broke that scoop.