Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    because someone can choke her with it. It is a hazardous accessory to her suit
    Isn’t she made of rubber or something, how’s she gonna get choked?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Have you seen what pro cosplayers can do on a dime these days?
    Never thought of Kamala as a pro cosplayer before .
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I wonder what they're gonna do about her secret identity. The MCU never had the ''Clark Kent factor'' in terms of unrealistic secret identities. So far, the only heroes who managed to have a secret identity had to cover their entire faces. So how will Kamala fit in that, when she only has a domino mask? Will they break the realistic approach so she can have a secret identity or they won't even bother?
    I was wondering if they would use Kamala as the Spider-Man they legally own to where she has the double-identity and teen hero aspects of Peter and none of the issues with Sony.

I don't know how they'll handle it in the MCU (by the end of Wilson's run 90% of her supporting cast knew her identity), but maybe she'll shapeshift her face in front of people she knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know how they'll handle it in the MCU (by the end of Wilson's run 90% of her supporting cast knew her identity), but maybe she'll shapeshift her face in front of people she knows?
    That would be unnecessary and potentially uncanny, don’t you think? You wouldn’t want it to end up like the early seasons of that CW Flash show, where they put that hideous blur effect over his face.

Honestly, Barry's attempts to conceal his identity there were futile. He ends up just admitting it to Iris. A few years later, when police captain Singh gets promoted causing Barry's foster father Joe West to take over, Singh reveals that he knew pretty much the whole time what Barry had been up to for the last five years, that he was the Flash and not just a CSI. It's just reality. Someone you interact with nearly every day (as Barry did with Singh who was his boss at Central City Police) will figure it out sooner or later. Even some of the villains know. Kamala's story in the comics has some similar beats - she tries to hide her identity, but later discovers that people (first her mother, then her friends) had known for quite some time before she decided to tell them. And she has enemies who know who she is, too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Never thought of Kamala as a pro cosplayer before .

I was wondering if they would use Kamala as the Spider-Man they legally own to where she has the double-identity and teen hero aspects of Peter and none of the issues with Sony.
    She's a fangirl, seamstress and zillenial. The shoe definitely fits.

I mean, technically every teen hero who isn't a side kick is a knock off of Spider-Man one way or the other. For the MCU, I would say, Paul Rudd's Ant-Man is their every man. He would have made a great married Peter Parker from the Defalco and JMS era. Kamala skews for a younger audience. There are people who didn't bother with Spider-Man who will be tuning in to watch this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    That would be unnecessary and potentially uncanny, don’t you think? You wouldn’t want it to end up like the early seasons of that CW Flash show, where they put that hideous blur effect over his face.
    I like the blur .
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    She's a fangirl, seamstress and zillenial. The shoe definitely fits.

I mean, technically every teen hero who isn't a side kick is a knock off of Spider-Man one way or the other. For the MCU, I would say, Paul Rudd's Ant-Man is their every man. He would have made a great married Peter Parker from the Defalco and JMS era. Kamala skews for a younger audience. There are people who didn't bother with Spider-Man who will be tuning in to watch this.
    I guess she does make her own costumes with the Carol one...

Although I think Kamala will end up being a sidekick for Carol when they end up together in Carol's next movie.

(Scott definitely quips better than MCU Peter).

Okay folks make of this what you will, Grace Randolph is saying that the rumors of them dropping the polymorphic abilities altogether are true and she will be more akin to a Purple Green Lantern instead with the source of her powers being her....wait for it.....HER BRACELET!? Discussion of changes made at 4:50 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=60CV-Oi5858

If this is true. I can add it to the list of opinions on pop culture subjects I have had that made everyone mad at first (Ms Marvel was being held back by her powerset. Star Wars stuff, Star Trek stuff) but I ended up being right about. It's getting to be a long list.

By the way, isn't Shang-Chi going to be focused on Bracelets as well?!
    Last edited by Anthony W; 05-02-2021 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Hey, isn't Shang-Chi going to be BRACELET focused as well?!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

I thought she's considered not consistently reliable

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Kamala gets her first Original Graphic Novel.

Kamala Khan's Limits Are Tested in Brand New 'Ms. Marvel: Stretched Thin' Graphic Novel
    The middle-grade OGN arrives on shelves September 7!

It's not easy being a Super Hero—just ask Kamala Khan!

A brand-new original graphic novel from Scholastic's Graphix line, Ms. Marvel: Stretched Thin, is hitting shelves this September 7—just in time for back-to-school season. The middle-grade OGN is written by Nadia Shammas and illustrated by Nabi H. Ali.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Okay folks make of this what you will, Grace Randolph is saying that the rumors of them dropping the polymorphic abilities altogether are true and she will be more akin to a Purple Green Lantern instead with the source of her powers being her....wait for it.....HER BRACELET!? Discussion of changes made at 4:50 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=60CV-Oi5858

If this is true. I can add it to the list of opinions on pop culture subjects I have had that made everyone mad at first (Ms Marvel was being held back by her powerset. Star Wars stuff, Star Trek stuff) but I ended up being right about. It's getting to be a long list.

By the way, isn't Shang-Chi going to be focused on Bracelets as well?!
    Kamala says Embiggen way to much for me to believe that rumor . I understand she isn't the most popular character but in every other appearance cartoon or game she has had the same powers you would think they would want consistency across mediums. Green Lantern like powers would be just as special effects intensive. So then the change would be purely to make her not inhuman which I guess then I can understand the change some. I don't believe the rumor but it sounds kinda believable

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Kamala says Embiggen way to much for me to believe that rumor . I understand she isn't the most popular character but in every other appearance cartoon or game she has had the same powers you would think they would want consistency across mediums. Green Lantern like powers would be just as special effects intensive. So then the change would be purely to make her not inhuman which I guess then I can understand the change some. I don't believe the rumor but it sounds kinda believable
    Embiggen is just a catchphrase, and it's not as nearly as endearing or as important to the character as fans like to think it is. The Fantastic Four movie is on the horizon. Disney also has Elasti-Girl from The Incredibles as well. I can easily see Feige deciding that he didn't want yet another stretching character.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Embiggen is just a catchphrase, and it's not as nearly as endearing or as important to the character as fans like to think it is. The Fantastic Four movie is on the horizon. Disney also has Elasti-Girl from The Incredibles as well. I can easily see Feige deciding that he didn't want yet another stretching character.
    Embiggen is a catchphrase that ties into how she use her powers, It feels weird for them to change what is working. I don't see the existence of character of animated character and character that doesn't exist in the MCU as yet as strong reason to change her abilities. Like I said I can see her powers being changed because they aren't doing the Inhumans origin but Marvel has been sticking pretty close to original stuff with all of its properties such a big change is out of character for MCU. Plus Grace Randolph has been unreliable source I mean I have seen this rumor before she said but her agreeing with it makes me believe it less.

I would not be bother by change but as I said MCU has pretty good synergy with the comics. I would put dream sequence or trap in a video game as possible reasons for alt powers in show.

Niffleheim

You have to consider also Grace doesn't really like Kanala's powers so this could just be her projecting the scoop a bit. There might be some changes to the origin of her powers but I'll be surprised if it is that extensive.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I thought she's considered not consistently reliable
    She’s usually unreliable, but she hits close enough to the mark just often enough for us to worry

Why would that even be an issue? We already have multiple characters with the same abilities: Iron Man/War Machine/Iron Heart/Rescue, Scott/Hope/Pym/Janet, Steve/Bucky/Isaiah/Walker/Red Skull, Sam/Torres, Clint/Kate, Natasha/Yelena, etc, etc.

I'm going to ignore this rumor until we get more info.