Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    How often did she use shape shifting? I remember the turning into Carol scene tho ans she thought it was permanent.
    It kind of got forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    How often did she use shape shifting? I remember the turning into Carol scene tho ans she thought it was permanent.
    She turned into a mannequin and a couch

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    It would feel like a huge cop out, sharing powers with Carol just won't work. It feels like you're gonna adapt everyone to a T but not Kamala just to bridge the relationship for Carol and make room for Reed?
    Yeah Carol is some sort of Kree/Human combination. Kamala isn't! She's an Inhuman! Having them have the same powers doesn't make any sense.

Now, this is where I think Ultragirl made a better sidekick for Carol. Ultragirl is a Kree. She actually has similar powers! (not exactly the same but very close)

Astonishing Member

I feel the people behind Ms. Marvel show are going to take a whole bunch of creative changes, the show will be bad, and then non-comic readers will believe Ms. Marvel is bad. The Inhumans had a similar thing happen to them, core bits where changed too much, which took away what makes their story worked, and it led to cancellation.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Speedball personally arrested Snowguard and Locust, and confiscated the Champions Mobile Bunker. So the Champions have every right to dislike him. Same goes for Justice unfortunately, since he personally conducted that raid in Champions #1 that led to the arrests of Wasp and Bombshell. You're right, the Warriors' reputation has taken another major hit. They were already badly affected by the first Civil War!
    I'm still waiting for a somewhat decent or plausible explanation on that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I feel the people behind Ms. Marvel show are going to take a whole bunch of creative changes, the show will be bad, and then non-comic readers will believe Ms. Marvel is bad. The Inhumans had a similar thing happen to them, core bits where changed too much, which took away what makes their story worked, and it led to cancellation.
    I definitely don't think we're gonna have an Inhumans situation again. At worst, I think the show will alienate some comic book fans, but still do as well as most MCU productions do. The bitter truth is that comic books are a niche, and most people from the general audience won't care about changes as long as they feel the production itself is enjoyable. Inhumans bombed not because if it was different from the comics, but because the whole production was a cheap hot mess from beginning to end. And as disappointing as Ms. Marvel might be for some comics fans, I trust that Marvel Studios will at least deliver an entertaining superhero story.

Yeah, remember that Medusa had her head shaved early on, effectively depowering her for the rest of the show.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    She turned into a mannequin and a couch
    And War Machine in an Iron Man issue. But yeah, it's very rarely used as she can't heal while shape shifted.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I definitely don't think we're gonna have an Inhumans situation again. At worst, I think the show will alienate some comic book fans, but still do as well as most MCU productions do. The bitter truth is that comic books are a niche, and most people from the general audience won't care about changes as long as they feel the production itself is enjoyable. Inhumans bombed not because if it was different from the comics, but because the whole production was a cheap hot mess from beginning to end. And as disappointing as Ms. Marvel might be for some comics fans, I trust that Marvel Studios will at least deliver an entertaining superhero story.
    It's less about pleasing and more of making something work. When movies change many things from books for no reason this tends to make something go bad. Inhumans changed it so many of the controversial policies from being the Gentics council work like in the comics to Black Bolts, thus making it hard for people to cheer for our heroes. For Ms. Marvel if they change it to her powers come from an object only one can wear, this changes Kamala and Kamran's relationships from someone she can relate to, that she sees and understands on so many levels, that uses that to trick her. True Ms. Marvel will have an actual budget and give something more entertaining, as well not feel be so rushed. But, a story that doesn't work will not work if it doesn't work on paper. My fear is people not liking it because of changes made, and will associate Ms. Marvel to something that chose to ignore parts of her story.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, remember that Medusa had her head shaved early on, effectively depowering her for the rest of the show.
    The difference is these shows have the same budget as the movies, and we know She-Hulk will have the same tech as Prof Hulk from Endgame and yet, the rumors on this has me very nervous. Giving her a tech thing strips away a lot from her comics form.

Iman Vellani briefly talks about the show.
    https://www.cbr.com/ms-marvel-iman-v...t-muslim-hero/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    The difference is these shows have the same budget as the movies, and we know She-Hulk will have the same tech as Prof Hulk from Endgame and yet, the rumors on this has me very nervous. Giving her a tech thing strips away a lot from her comics form.
    They are like large movies split into episodes.Quality seems the same which is good.That medusa thing was a no-no.
    Wait, what tech?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    They are like large movies split into episodes.Quality seems the same which is good.That medusa thing was a no-no.
    Wait, what tech?
    She creates hard-light objects from this bracelet. Unkown if tech or magic. Also unkown if this is bonus gear or her only powers.

In the comics, the bracelet was a family heirloom. So if it's a power source in the show, then the origin of the bracelet must also have been changed.

Also, it would mean she's basically a version of Quasar (Marvel's version of the Green Lantern Corps).

I see Kamala cameoed in Tech On Avengers #1. She had one line. "Uh..oh...!" The reason she said that, was because her embiggening failed as Red Skull had just said No More Powers... and depowered every superhero whose powers don't rely on tech (it didn't affect Iron Man, who equips the other Avengers with their own suits, hence the book's name).