Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    And that would give her a reason to interact with Monica Rambeau. We know both Kamala and Monica will be in Captain Marvel 2.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    I still have hope that Kamala will be an Inhuman, I suspect this theory is likely correct
    end of spoilers

The issue was fine. Only a few nitpick.

Didn’t like her admitting kissing her Best Friend was a mistake but I guess with the way that ended she isn’t wrong to think that. Probably thinks she screwed up the relationship so that’s fine.

Also.. Bruno and Mike going to the dance together was expected but just weird. But at least Ahmed didn’t go as far as to confirm Bruno and Mike are back together. That will likely be left up to whatever the next writer wants to do with Bruno and Mike.

But all in all nothing was reverted. It’s still canon that Bruno and Kamala love each other as we heard a few issues ago. But the toys were obviously put back in the box for the next writer

The Power Of Love destroying the robot is something tho.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I have this running theory that they're going to tweak her origin a bit to tie into WandaVision show. Where instead of the terrigen mist be responsible for giving her powers

spoilers:
    Wanda's reality-warping hex magic is going to be responsible. I thought it was odd that the series is taking place in New Jersey and with Wanda expanding the range of her field I could see them fitting in Kamala's origin to make it so the night she snuck out to go to a party with her friends, she got caught up in all this mess and found her DNA got changed thanks to it.
    end of spoilers
    That’s an interesting theory! Wonder if there’ll be backlash though if this theory becomes true? 🤔
    I personally think it’d be a crazy way to tie Ms. Marvel in there but a neat take on her origin ^^

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    The issue was fine. Only a few nitpick.

Didn’t like her admitting kissing her Best Friend was a mistake but I guess with the way that ended she isn’t wrong to think that. Probably thinks she screwed up the relationship so that’s fine.

Also.. Bruno and Mike going to the dance together was expected but just weird. But at least Ahmed didn’t go as far as to confirm Bruno and Mike are back together. That will likely be left up to whatever the next writer wants to do with Bruno and Mike.

But all in all nothing was reverted. It’s still canon that Bruno and Kamala love each other as we heard a few issues ago. But the toys were obviously put back in the box for the next writer

The Power Of Love destroying the robot is something tho.
    How old is Amulet suppose to be?

I have this running theory that they're going to tweak her origin a bit to tie into WandaVision show. Where instead of the terrigen mist be responsible for giving her powers

spoilers:
    Wanda's reality-warping hex magic is going to be responsible. I thought it was odd that the series is taking place in New Jersey and with Wanda expanding the range of her field I could see them fitting in Kamala's origin to make it so the night she snuck out to go to a party with her friends, she got caught up in all this mess and found her DNA got changed thanks to it.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Would they really make two Carol derived characters get their powers from Wanda? Seems kind of weird.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

The final issue was pretty solid. You know, I'm just realizing it but it's odd how Saladin has staked the big hook for his writings in Kamala and Miles' books around The Stormbringer and Assessor respectively. Both runs were kind of mirrors as well since he put so much focus on their relationships with their parents, more so than the rest of the supporting cast.

Though I feel in Kamala's case it kind of lost some of the magic that made GWW's run so memorable by trying to make Kamala's book more action-focused.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelManiac View Post
    That’s an interesting theory! Wonder if there’ll be backlash though if this theory becomes true? ��
    I personally think it’d be a crazy way to tie Ms. Marvel in there but a neat take on her origin ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Would they really make two Carol derived characters get their powers from Wanda? Seems kind of weird.
    end of spoilers
    MCU's track record so far has been tying the characters back in centrally to the Avengers, which is why I'm thinking it's a possibility. Like they could definitely keep her origin true to the comics I just thought it was a weird coincidence spoilers:
    the events of WandaVision happen to be taking place in New Jersey of all places.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

MCU's track record so far has been tying the characters back in centrally to the Avengers, which is why I'm thinking it's a possibility. Like they could definitely keep her origin true to the comics I just thought it was a weird coincidence spoilers:
    the events of WandaVision happen to be taking place in New Jersey of all places.
    end of spoilers
    I get that, I'd just think they'd tie it more to their home franchise instead of to another character.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

end of spoilers
    It's actually not that weird, because WandaVision was heavily influenced by The Vision & The Scarlet Witch series which took place in New Jersey, where Wanda and Vision tried to have a suburban, domestic life. So that's just them following the comics, not necessarily making a reference to Kamala. I mean, they COULD make a reference to Kamala while they're at it, but I don't think she was the motivation for the show's setting.

Plus, there is enough evidence that the Ms. Marvel show will introduce Inhumans: the leaked audition, the casting call for the Royal Family, the casting call for Kamran specifically mentioning him as Inhuman, the blue crystals in the updated logo from the show. I actually think they might be just giving her her comic book origin.

Amazing Member

The final issue was pretty solid. You know, I'm just realizing it but it's odd how Saladin has staked the big hook for his writings in Kamala and Miles' books around The Stormbringer and Assessor respectively. Both runs were kind of mirrors as well since he put so much focus on their relationships with their parents, more so than the rest of the supporting cast.

Though I feel in Kamala's case it kind of lost some of the magic that made GWW's run so memorable by trying to make Kamala's book more action-focused.
    [/spoil]
    I dunno, this final issue was fine, but...was there any reason for Amulet to be there?...and how the situation was resolved was a little out of nowhere to me.
    Side question though Would it be cool if I drew my own version of how the storm ranger fight would go? Or would that be mean?
    Or Maybe I should draw my own Kamala story while waiting for the next artist to pick her up!
    Kamala fan fiction! Lol albeit my version will have a bit more action though cause I love super hero fights more...XD
    Anybody wanna help imagine scenarios for Kamala with me? lol

Maybe like other ways she can get her powers or maybe a fan villain? lol
    Last edited by MarvelManiac; 02-24-2021 at 02:56 PM.

In all seriousness I think a solo comic break will do her good. Even if it’s only a 6 month break. So far it’s 3 months and counting.. March, April, and May.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    In all seriousness I think a solo comic break will do her good. Even if it’s only a 6 month break. So far it’s 3 months and counting.. March, April, and May.
    We know she’ll have a book when her show starts either way.

Amulet's involvement really felt like Ahmed wrote himself into a corner and needed to resort to Deus Ex Machina to get Kamala out of trouble. Odds are he and Stormranger will never be heard from again once the new writer is picked, so... whatever.

What really irks me is how Kamala just laughs off Zoe betraying her to Dugan last issue and never speaks of it again. I mean, she may have meant well, but it still put a lot of people at risk as a result.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Well said. We’ll see who gets Kamala next. I think if some people need to be careful what they wish for. We’ve had two writers GWW and Ahmed who have done nothing to ruin the characters. Sooner or later it will likely get a writer that messes things up. Let’s hope it’s not anytime soon.

I'm thinking to myself that Ahmed's run will probably be remembered for being okay but nowhere near the height of the original run.

I guess we can thank him for a new suit, Kamala and Bruno's first kiss, and her parents not knowing her identity (whether you like it or not).