Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hey guys, so I ordered the first omnibus of Brubaker’s run. Planning to get Death of Captain America as well when it gets reprinted. I’ve only read to the point where Steve gets killed, and that was a long time ago, how is the rest of Brubaker’s run? Is it worth checking out? I’ve never read BuckyCap or when Steve comes back, should I get the rest of the Omnibuses? I’ve heard Brubaker is the definitive Cap writer.
    It's definitely worth reading the entirety of Bucky's tenure as Cap.

The return with Steve as Cap is solid, if nowhere near the peak of the run, but for completionist's sake it's not bad to have and to just settle into a good ending spot with Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's definitely worth reading the entirety of Bucky's tenure as Cap.

The return with Steve as Cap is solid, if nowhere near the peak of the run, but for completionist's sake it's not bad to have and to just settle into a good ending spot with Steve.
    Thanks, they’re reprinting all the Omnibuses it looks like and I knew I was going to get Vol 1 and Trial, was wondering if the rest was worth checking out. I’ve never really read a full Cap run start to finish but I remember liking what I read of Brubaker’s, and I wanted to try reading all of his.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

All-New Member

How come cap didn't get black widow back from the dead when he replaced the soul stone.wasnt the deal 'a soul for a soul'.....

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noeljohn250 View Post
    How come cap didn't get black widow back from the dead when he replaced the soul stone.wasnt the deal 'a soul for a soul'.....
    The deals was a soul for a stone, not a stone for a soul. It’s the fine print that always gets you.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noeljohn250 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    The deals was a soul for a stone, not a stone for a soul. It’s the fine print that always gets you.
    "You must lose that which you love" Skull's own words....why did Nat have to die when Clint already lost that which he loved when his wife and kids got dusted?

As far ac bringing Nat back...the comics already provided that answer..the current Black Widow is a clone the Red Room woke up after Hydra-Cap broke original Nat's neck. Could make an interesting post credit scene.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-10-2021 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    "You must lose that which you love" Skull's own words....why did Nat have to die when Clint already lost that which he loved when his wife and kids got dusted?
    It's implied that you have to lose that what you love by that person falling off the cliff. When Gamora realised what would happen she tried to kill herself on top of the cliff but Thanos prevents that and throws her off the cliff so we have to assume that the only way the exchange works is by the person falling down the cliff.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    It's implied that you have to lose that what you love by that person falling off the cliff. When Gamora realised what would happen she tried to kill herself on top of the cliff but Thanos prevents that and throws her off the cliff so we have to assume that the only way the exchange works is by the person falling down the cliff.
    My point is they could have kept Nat alive by Clint making an emotional statement about how he already lost the most important thing/people in his life and 'poof' the Soul Stone appears. I think killing her was just for shock value.

I thought it was a good video about Steve and what he could represent.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Thanks, they’re reprinting all the Omnibuses it looks like and I knew I was going to get Vol 1 and Trial, was wondering if the rest was worth checking out. I’ve never really read a full Cap run start to finish but I remember liking what I read of Brubaker’s, and I wanted to try reading all of his.
    It's bad until Steve dies then it becomes good and then when Steve comes back it becomes unreadable.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I just hate to see good hardware go to waste. Slap a new coat of paint on it to dis-associate with Stevil Rogers and give it to another super soldier.
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

I thought it was a good video about Steve and what he could represent.
    Yeah, that is a good one, especially with The Falcon and the Winter Soldier riffing off some of those themes as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It's bad until Steve dies then it becomes good and then when Steve comes back it becomes unreadable.
    Now you make it sound like Brubaker can't write Steve as Cap .

I think the first half with Steve is still great even if the run hit it's peak with Bucky.

Extraordinary Member

Jumping back to unused hardware....the adamantium shield that Tony made for Steve as a bribe during the Armor Wars.

Appeared something like 4-6 times....and never seen again unless in a flashback.

There are people it could be used by. Free Spirit is a super soldier. And there is David Rickford...some guy Nick Fury got to play Cap at a time when Steve refused to come back.

Jumping back to unused hardware....the adamantium shield that Tony made for Steve as a bribe during the Armor Wars.

Appeared something like 4-6 times....and never seen again unless in a flashback.

There are people it could be used by. Free Spirit is a super soldier. And there is David Rickford...some guy Nick Fury got to play Cap at a time when Steve refused to come back.

Good point there. Haven't heard from Free Spirit in a while, at least not since Jack Flag's funeral.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Good point there. Haven't heard from Free Spirit in a while, at least not since Jack Flag's funeral.
    I think it would be interesting if Kathy had issues with Steve over Jack's death. Intellectually she knows Steve is not responsible....emotionally she looks at Steve and sees Stevil.

I think it would be interesting if Kathy had issues with Steve over Jack's death. Intellectually she knows Steve is not responsible....emotionally she looks at Steve and sees Stevil.
    Yeah, that would make a lot of sense.