Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The United States of Captain America announced. Mini written by Christopher Cantwell.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...th-anniversary
    I'm hoping the story is good and does a fantastic job of honoring Cap's history .

The United States of Captain America announced. Mini written by Christopher Cantwell.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...th-anniversary
    best of luck for this project. But I actually wish it was Christopher Priest who was writing it. Hopefully he'll get to write Steve-Cap again soon. (I'm aware of the US Agent mini-series).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    best of luck for this project. But I actually wish it was Christopher Priest who was writing it. Hopefully he'll get to write Steve-Cap again soon. (I'm aware of the US Agent mini-series).
    Priest writing Cap would be good. I've been meaning to check out his Captain America/Falcon series from back in the early 2000s.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Priest writing Cap would be good. I've been meaning to check out his Captain America/Falcon series from back in the early 2000s.
    Highly recommended (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Highly recommended (IMHO):

Thanks very much.

Yeah, Sam's characterization might feel off because Priest was treating "Snap Wilson" as canon, but it's definitely a hard-hitting, intropsective, Cap book.

Coates' ongoing is ending at #30.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/ta-n...unch-imminent/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I see. Might not have been the best run, but I did appreciate it for attempting to tackle what Captain America would mean and represent to so many people in a world that had just survived HYDRA-Cap's Secret Empire, and what America itself would mean in a contemporary age where the promises of democracy and liberty increasingly rang hollow to so many as well in light of all the historical and continuing injustices and inequities.

is this how twitter felt when spencer left
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    is this how twitter felt when spencer left
    Maybe it is.

Fantastic Member

I wonder who is taking over next. It won't happen anytime soon, but I would love to see Tom Taylor tackle Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    I wonder who is taking over next. It won't happen anytime soon, but I would love to see Tom Taylor tackle Cap.
    If he's not too busy over at DC with Nightwing, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    I wonder if USOCA will just fill the slot for a few months, and then a new ongoing launches. If so, it could be USOCA's writer Cantwell taking over full time. His only other current book is Iron Man if I'm not mistaken.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wonder if USOCA will just fill the slot for a few months, and then a new ongoing launches. If so, it could be USOCA's writer Cantwell taking over full time. His only other current book is Iron Man if I'm not mistaken.
    Would be interesting to see Cantwell do a Captain America/Iron Man team-up book, if that's the case.

Hi all. Wanted to know if anyone else picked up Captain America #28 today. Y'know, as Coates is coming to the end of his run, I'm really beginning to appreciate his characterization of the Red Skull. In this issue, we see that in full display. Now, Coates uses certain modern sensibilities. He recasts Skull as an online conspiracy nut. But Skull's core power, his ability to masterfully, elegantly, and casually manipulate hate and fear, that is apparent in this issue. His distorting of the beating of Captain America, and having Sharon rescue him, that was excellent. Captain America being saved by a woman, Red Skull knows that will stoke the egos of angry, young men (of course, it's pretty hypocritical on Red Skull's part, since he uses his daughter to do a lot of his dirty work).

Really solid themes on display here as well. Steve represents a dream, one that people are willing to die for. But Red Skull represents fear, something that people are willing to kill for. The dream or fear, which wins out in the end? Coates sets that up nicely.

As Coates' run is coming to a close, I think all of the pieces are coming together here. This issue is certainly worth a look!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."