Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Thanks i appreciate your thoughts. everyone I point out how wrong a thinking my friend is saying, he always qoute Ben Shapiro "facts dont care for feelings"
    You're welcome, and that same statement applies equally across the board, I would think.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Default The Captains

I’ve only read the first two issues of The United States of Captain America, but it seems to be about racism and inequality. All the things Nichelle was doing was standing up for the little guy, but the way America was made, it’s like pushing **** up hill. The crooked cops and authorities and companies only want to screw the people with dirty water, lack of security, and degeneration of infrastructure. That’s what I think Nichelle is against. She says she isn’t going anywhere because this is the America she wants to make. It’s what JFK said in one of his first speeches. If you don’t like the America you have, YOU have to change it.

I would like a lot more Nichelle’s out on the streets, but of coarse, there are just as many Sin/Superiors trying to knock them down. But, what do you do if you want the America you want to have? You could accept the bigots and racists yammering in your ear all the time, or not let them have the only voice. I think if the both sides were evenly balanced, there would be a bit more functional accountability?
    Last edited by jackolover; 09-17-2021 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I’ve only read the first two issues of The United States of Captain America, but it seems to be about racism and inequality. All the things Nichelle was doing was standing up for the little guy, but the way America was made, it’s like pushing **** up hill. The crooked cops and authorities and companies only want to screw the people with dirty water, lack of security, and degeneration of infrastructure. That’s what I think Nichelle is against. She says she isn’t going anywhere because this is the America she wants to make. It’s what JFK said in one of his first speeches. If you don’t like the America you have, YOU have to change it.

I would like a lot more Nichelle’s out on the streets, but of coarse, there are just as many Sin/Superiors trying to knock them down. But, what do you do if you want the America you want to have? You could accept the bigots and racists yammering in your ear all the time, or not let them have the only voice. I think if the both sides were evenly balanced, there would be a bit more functional accountability?
    Not to mention how racism and inequality ultimately distort, pervert, and undermine the American ideal, the same ideal people like Steve Rogers himself, as well as Nichelle, would rather fight for of an America that accepts and embraces everyone, regardless of relatively superficial differences like race, as opposed to an America that arbitrarily excludes certain people based on those comparatively superficial differences. And yes, I think what the United States of Captain America is trying to say is that America is and can (if not should) be more than what certain (kinds of) people would have it be.

Extraordinary Member

So...with The United States of Captain America...where's William Burnside? He was Cap too...why isn't he being shown? I would at least like a check in with the guy and we find out he is getting his head right after all the crap Faustus pulled with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    So...with The United States of Captain America...where's William Burnside? He was Cap too...why isn't he being shown? I would at least like a check in with the guy and we find out he is getting his head right after all the crap Faustus pulled with him.
    we'll see, lol.. might be worn out territory if they depict him as backsliding and being part of a certain type of political movement. We've already seen "the real thing" manifest with some of the stuff he was trying to initiate. would he agree with the "reformed" Red Skull and his online pitches?

Bluebird

Anyone read the Infinity Comic with Cap in it?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    we'll see, lol.. might be worn out territory if they depict him as backsliding and being part of a certain type of political movement. We've already seen "the real thing" manifest with some of the stuff he was trying to initiate. would he agree with the "reformed" Red Skull and his online pitches?
    That's the thing for me...I want to see him getting his head right and adjusting...but that is is a long process.

That's the thing for me...I want to see him getting his head right and adjusting...but that is is a long process.
    The last time I recall William Burnside appearing, it was in Ed Brubaker's final Captain America comic and Burnside was in a hospital bed, maybe his deathbed, due to complications from the Super-Soldier Serum variant he used catching up with him. Steve Rogers paid him a visit to express his respect for him trying to honor the Captain America mantle and regret that it was trying to follow his example that set him up for so much misery in the first place. It'd be nice if he made a physical and mental recovery and a comeback after that, though he might still have problems with Bucky for killing Jack Monroe when Bucky was still the Winter Soldier. On that note, it'd be interesting to see John Walker in this, too, fresh off the recent limited series by Christopher Priest.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The last time I recall William Burnside appearing, it was in Ed Brubaker's final Captain America comic and Burnside was in a hospital bed, maybe his deathbed, due to complications from the Super-Soldier Serum variant he used catching up with him. Steve Rogers paid him a visit to express his respect for him trying to honor the Captain America mantle and regret that it was trying to follow his example that set him up for so much misery in the first place. It'd be nice if he made a physical and mental recovery and a comeback after that, though he might still have problems with Bucky for killing Jack Monroe when Bucky was still the Winter Soldier. On that note, it'd be interesting to see John Walker in this, too, fresh off the recent limited series by Christopher Priest.
    He got hit by a truck....but Steve came to see him and told him they were going to take care of him. They had a funeral for William Burnside and pretty much did a WitSec thing for him.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Captain_America_Vol_6_19

And besides William Burnside...what about David Rickford...if you are doing 'every Cap that was...' what about him?

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/David...rd_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by Chris0013; 09-19-2021 at 03:53 PM.

He got hit by a truck....but Steve came to see him and told him they were going to take care of him. They had a funeral for William Burnside and pretty much did a WitSec thing for him.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Captain_America_Vol_6_19

And besides William Burnside...what about David Rickford...if you are doing 'every Cap that was...' what about him?

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/David...rd_(Earth-616)
    Thanks for the correction there on William Burnside. Been a long time.

Extraordinary Member

From the next thrilling issue of United States of Captain America....

Good, old John Walker...

Damn. Really enjoyed the U.S. Agent mini-series from Priest. Too bad no one wants to talk about it, though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Damn. Really enjoyed the U.S. Agent mini-series from Priest. Too bad no one wants to talk about it, though.

I enjoyed it...but also had a minor issue...it seems Priest did not read the Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers series where John and the team went to the alternate reality and after getting his limbs regrown John started using the alternate reality Cap Shield. Therefore his shield is NOT .gov property and could not be taken from him. Yes the .gov could claim the Vibranium shield...but not the alt-reality one.

From the next thrilling issue of United States of Captain America....

Good, old John Walker...

John's costume looks kind of cheaper compared to Steve and Sam.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    John's costume looks kind of cheaper compared to Steve and Sam.
    And he isn't being drawn big enough. John is a pretty big guy compared to Steve.