Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And he isn't being drawn big enough. John is a pretty big guy compared to Steve.
    LOL! Maybe they're going for the Paul Neary version of John's physique.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! Maybe they're going for the Paul Neary version of John's physique.
    John Walker sure has come a long way since those first appearances, huh?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

United States of Cap 5 shows how you stick the landing. My surprise hit of 2021. Could totally see a show based on USAofC.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    United States of Cap 5 shows how you stick the landing. My surprise hit of 2021. Could totally see a show based on USAofC.
    Based on that recommendation, I could (and should) check it out. That said, I thought it was gonna be six issues in total.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Based on that recommendation, I could (and should) check it out. That said, I thought it was gonna be six issues in total.
    Yeah they may have ended it early but this was definitely the last issue and was jam packed. The art was beautiful as well. two of my fave pages.

usaofc.jpg
    usaofc1.jpg

I would definitely love to see the network of caps explored more.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yeah they may have ended it early but this was definitely the last issue and was jam packed. The art was beautiful as well. two of my fave pages.

usaofc.jpg
    usaofc1.jpg

That would be cool, yeah.

usaofc.jpg
    usaofc1.jpg

Thought this issue returned the story back to form. Not having Eaglesham as the main artist for the previous issue was jarring. So it was good to see the art again.

As for the issue itself, it made me pause, in a good way. When the villains talked about how America was built on hateful violence, that cut deep. A lot of people are realizing that America has not lived up to being a home for the free and the land of the brave for everyone. That it's revered figures are all too human and that maybe they shouldn't be revered.

But Cap counters back. "If you think that's true, then you don't know America at all." Poignant. Very poignant, Steve.

And yes, seeing the different Cap's there, that was cool. I acknowledge that some people would find it hokey. An Indigenous person, all these individuals of color, a queer person, a U.S. serviceman, all cosplaying as Cap. Yeah right. But yeah, maybe Steve's identity, his dream, maybe they resonate with all us. And maybe we forget that. And sometimes we have to be reminded of that.

I'll have to read the series again. But it finished strong.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Thought this issue returned the story back to form. Not having Eaglesham as the main artist for the previous issue was jarring. So it was good to see the art again.

As for the issue itself, it made me pause, in a good way. When the villains talked about how America was built on hateful violence, that cut deep. A lot of people are realizing that America has not lived up to being a home for the free and the land of the brave for everyone. That it's revered figures are all too human and that maybe they shouldn't be revered.

But Cap counters back. "If you think that's true, then you don't know America at all." Poignant. Very poignant, Steve.

And yes, seeing the different Cap's there, that was cool. I acknowledge that some people would find it hokey. An Indigenous person, all these individuals of color, a queer person, a U.S. serviceman, all cosplaying as Cap. Yeah right. But yeah, maybe Steve's identity, his dream, maybe they resonate with all us. And maybe we forget that. And sometimes we have to be reminded of that.

I'll have to read the series again. But it finished strong.
    That's actually a pretty good summation. I will definitely have to check this out.

Extraordinary Member

A Captain America in a suit and tie using what looks like and open briefcase for a shield?

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    A Captain America in a suit and tie using what looks like and open briefcase for a shield?
    That two-page spread with all the different Caps who aren't the "featured" ones had my interest, especially "Business" Cap with his suitcase shield. Wonder what his story is.

Definitely wouldn't mind Cantwell getting the ongoing when it returns. If he does then the Captains Network can be included.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Indeed. Would love to see the return of Stars & Stripes (https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Capta...ne_(Earth-616)):

Preview of Captain America/Iron Man #1.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/10/22/ma...ca-iron-man-1/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Art looks nice .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Art looks nice .
    Yeah it is. It’s the guy that fills in for CAFU on Iron Man.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark