Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Steve's shield is stolen, and it turns out that Sam has a spare? I thought Sam gave his back to Steve?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    A Captain America Corps in 616 continuity would be spectacular.
    Sounds interesting. I guess a 616 version might make things easier, though.

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-01-2021 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Steve's shield is stolen, and it turns out that Sam has a spare? I thought Sam gave his back to Steve?
    sam has a w h a t
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Exactly where i felt this is going. And if marvel is really looking outwards in the future like space adventures i can imagine captain americas somehow becoming the american version of the captain britain corps. Add that to him wanting to do it together and one of the arguably greatest magicians in all of the MU saying that there is a time soon, cap will need a favor and he won't make a show of it i could see a power upgrade for cap on the way as the multiversal protector of America and leader of the Captain America Corp. It would also put an end to all these taking Cap out the costume. Steve will always be Cap. Just change his look if you need synergy but steve is cap period. Make a corp.
    That would be something to see.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Sounds interesting. I guess a 616 version might make things easier, though.

Yeah, this was pretty cool.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Really great issue and start to a great storyline. Liked seeing Steve and Sam together. Initially, I was suspect concerning Aaron. He looked a little scrawny. Seeing Steve tower over Aaron and seeing Aaron's dinky shield gave me pause. Could this guy be a Captain America? More like a cosplayer. But reading about him in action, seeing his heart, I'm impressed. He also highlights a serious issue. A lot of homeless youth in America are kids who were thrown out of their houses for their sexuality. Many are sexually abused. So good that there's a hero to stand up to that.

Aaron's presence ties into the other themes of the story, mainly Captain America's purpose in America. Does he unite or divide? Is he relevant or passe? Who gets to use him to further their own cause? He can be repurposed in many ways. Lots of great scenes in the book regarding Cap's concerns. The main thing that struck me was how Steve defined the American dream or rather dreams. His description of the "white picket fences" dream is reminiscent of Te-Nehisi Coates' definition. On the other hand, the dream of us all being together reminded me of President Biden's campaign rhetoric. The issue subtly snuck those aspects in there. Very clever.

I'm looking forward to the series. Surprisingly, I'm not that interested in who stole the shield, though it is interesting. Rather, I'm interested to see who are the others that Cap has inspired. I really proud of that. When I became a Cap fan, there were stories of people taking up causes and becoming Captain America by dressing in his garb. We've seen it with Superman and Batman. But with Cap, the idea wasn't popular. Outside of comics, how was Captain America influential? 20 odd years and several Avengers and Captain America films later, yeah, Captain America is that popular. That's a very cool thing .
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    sam has a w h a t
    A spare shield, apparently. From United States of Captain America #1
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Maybe he dug up the adamantium one that Tony made during the original Armor Wars / The Captain days.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Maybe he dug up the adamantium one that Tony made during the original Armor Wars / The Captain days.
    I know, right?! That would be AWESOME! Totally reminds me of...

Captain America #304
    (April, 1985)

I feel like Sam is talking more brazenly about the suit and his being a Cap than I would have expected.

I think the events of that issue have prompted him to realise he made a mistake giving up the shield, that there can be more than one Captain America. This was probably the last use of his current Falcon costume outside of flashbacks, as he'll be in his Cap suit from next issue.

Bluebird

Would be neat synergy if Sam’s spare shield resembled the one from Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Spectacular Member

I think the events of that issue have prompted him to realise he made a mistake giving up the shield, that there can be more than one Captain America. This was probably the last use of his current Falcon costume outside of flashbacks, as he'll be in his Cap suit from next issue.
    I agree, I think that's what's going to happen. Now I just have to cross my fingers hoping that Bucky could have another shot as Cap too.

With the current Captain America run about to end, I wonder what direction the next Cap ongoing will go. Will it continue with Steve at the lead, or will it have Sam or someone else? Will the new Captain Americas be prominently featured?

I type all of that, but I find it hard to believe Steve will not have an ongoing. Not only that, I think Sam will have a hard time sustaining a solo ongoing, so I'm curious what direction they sent him if they do make him Cap again.

I think Sam can sustain a book just fine - as long as he's wearing the star spangled suit. Wasn't he selling roughly the same as Steve's book when Spencer was writing them? He certainly sold a lot less as Falcon, and was cancelled in short order.

If they don't have two Cap books, then maybe they could have two Avengers books, each with a Captain America?

Spectacular Member

I think Sam can sustain a book just fine - as long as he's wearing the star spangled suit. Wasn't he selling roughly the same as Steve's book when Spencer was writing them? He certainly sold a lot less as Falcon, and was cancelled in short order.

If they don't have two Cap books, then maybe they could have two Avengers books, each with a Captain America?
    I was thinking the same thing.

Another possibility is that Steve keeps his solo, while Sam becomes the lead of whatever team book that new Captain Americas make up as.

On that note, I don't know how Bucky would fit in as a theoretical third Cap (three Caps for three Avenger books?), though that is probably wishful thinking for my part at this point.

I wish he'd just ditch that Falcon suit and go back to his old Falcon colors.